Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trustworthy CC websites?

I was reading the other day that downloading cc from sites that use ad.fly can cause your computer to get viruses. I've never had an issue with that, but I have had my share of downloading using ad.fly. I've also run into the problem that certain cc doesn't show up properly in live mode because I have to have my computer on laptop mode (I get blonde streaks in the hair). Since taking my computer off of laptop mode isn't an option, I was wondering if any of you have trustworthy websites you download cc from? Preferably that don't use ad.fly, and that will show up properly in live mode with my computer in laptop mode.
giphy.gif

Comments

• MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    I think Modthesims is pretty safe, they don't use adfly on the downloads there. If you're using laptop mode ( I use it also) make sure to avoid alpha hair, it's the realistic looking wispy hair, this type of hair will always have those weird blonde streaks in laptop mode. TSR has a lot of alpha hair for example, you can use clay hair in laptop mode though. Clay hair is the stuff that looks like the Maxis hair from the base game. Some creators off the top of my head who do not use adfly are wildlyminiaturesandwich and simplesimmer on tumblr. It's hard to find creators who do not use adfly though. I download through adfly a lot but have never gotten a virus, using an adblocker is a good idea if you want to download through adfly. I use one called Ublock Origin when browsing in chrome, and it works great.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    MistyDove wrote: »
    I think Modthesims is pretty safe, they don't use adfly on the downloads there. If you're using laptop mode ( I use it also) make sure to avoid alpha hair, it's the realistic looking wispy hair, this type of hair will always have those weird blonde streaks in laptop mode. TSR has a lot of alpha hair for example, you can use clay hair in laptop mode though. Clay hair is the stuff that looks like the Maxis hair from the base game. Some creators off the top of my head who do not use adfly are wildlyminiaturesandwich and simplesimmer on tumblr. It's hard to find creators who do not use adfly though. I download through adfly a lot but have never gotten a virus, using an adblocker is a good idea if you want to download through adfly. I use one called Ublock Origin when browsing in chrome, and it works great.

Thank you! I sort of wish I could use the alpha hair, because I like the realistic look of it. But I understand that it won't work in laptop mode, so I'll just deal with the other kind of hair. Thanks a bunch!
    giphy.gif