Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Life = Hipsters

Sims 4 likes to do "trendy". And hipsters are in! I think this pack will be things that hipsters like. So let's think of some ideas.

Walking around cities - it would be awesome if the neighborhood was open, but I don't know if they can do that.
Farmer's Markets
Small boutiques?

What else do hipsters like?

Comments

• Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    Ugh, thanks, but no thanks.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yes! Hipsters are my spirit animals! :D

I'd love farmer's markets! Maybe craft beer? Ummm... turning junk into expensive arty furniture? Rooftop gardens? Interesting facial hair?

I would love all these things!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

I'd love farmer's markets! Maybe craft beer? Ummm... turning junk into expensive arty furniture? Rooftop gardens? Interesting facial hair?

Here's one now. :o
    Ohh, it's hipster @SimGuruGraham :
    Having coffee on the front porch isn't doing it for him.
    10-27-15_11-59-01nbspPM.png

He's heading over to Windenburg for some real java.
    10-27-15_11-55-40nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    Sims 4 likes to do "trendy". And hipsters are in! I think this pack will be things that hipsters like. So let's think of some ideas.

Walking around cities - it would be awesome if the neighborhood was open, but I don't know if they can do that.
    Farmer's Markets
    Small boutiques?

Starbucks and lame instagram photos but I think we already have those covered.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    imhappy wrote: »

Farmer's Markets
    Small boutiques?

As much as I dislike the concept of hipsters, I do like the idea of farmers markets and small boutiques.
    How about pop-up shops, resturants and bars? Specific community lots that change all the time, one day it's a book shop and a laundry, the next it's a bar and a laundry.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    How about a city with food trucks, street vendors and an open air market, with ownable stalls for food or crafts. I'd like a city like that.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member

I loved the idea of craft beer!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @CK213 wrote: »

Here's one now. :o
    Ohh, it's hipster @SimGuruGraham :
    Having coffee on the front porch isn't doing it for him.
    10-27-15_11-59-01nbspPM.png

He's heading over to Windenburg for some real java.
    10-27-15_11-55-40nbspPM.png

OMG.

His face is perfect, it's exactly how I would imagine it. :joy:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I love the idea of hipsters so I'm going to move all my retail and entertainment like coffee shops, art galleries, movie theater, restaurants, etc. all downtown (or uptown) and leave my burbs for houses and parks and such.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hipsters where I live pretty much = foodies with beards.

Okay, the women don't have beards. Foodies with beards and/or Instagram. So that's basically Dine Out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Okay, the women don't have beards. Foodies with beards and/or Instagram. So that's basically Dine Out.

I think of micro brewing and coffee sipping at a café.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member

Yet. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited August 2016
    Love all the ideas! I want pop-up shops (food, books, clothes, art), food trucks, and craft nectar/juice!

Yes please!
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited August 2016
    Sorry! Double post :|

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I think of micro brewing and coffee sipping at a café.

Yeah, I guess I would add those. They're sort of special foodie categories. I guess that just leaves micro brewing that's not in game?
    <-- Longtime home-brewer proto-hipster over here. No beards in our house, and when we were in our 20s, "hipsters" were some antiquated jazz-culture thing
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    Oof I kind of hope not, simply because most portrayals of hipsters are absolutely obnoxious. I personally got enough of the aesthetic with GT with the overgrown beards and coffee shops and dance parties in rundown locations.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I thought hipsters had those big black framed glasses (despite not needing glasses), and that sweater tied around the neck like a scarf or mini-cape and stuff like that?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    Beards like the long one in CAS, a pork pie hat like the one in CAS and thick, black, horn rimmed glasses like the ones in CAS. Plaid shirt, jeans with a tall cuff and hiking boots all in CAS.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I thought hipsters had those big black framed glasses (despite not needing glasses), and that sweater tied around the neck like a scarf or mini-cape and stuff like that?

Nah, hipsters look like lumberjacks
    lumberjack-hipster-1024x580.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    Vegetarian trait :)
    I'm back!