Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Argh I'm angry now...

I'm very sorry about my upset mind right now, but...I literally just created PERFECT KIDS in Manage Households while playing the game, and then I started building an awesome house with a lovely backyard and all...and guess what happened? My game got stuck and I had to shut my PC down and now all those perfect new Sims and the unfinished house are gone...I'm very sad and angry about that! :(
Maybe it's because of the fact that my PC is like 7 years old, but still...I wasn't even able to save the game before it crashed! Omg things like these make me unmotivated to play the game. :( Being a Sims player can be VERY frustrating sometimes :(

Comments

• CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    next time save them to your library even if they are unfinished and you shouldn't loose anything.. I know how frustrating that can be..
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    edited August 2016
    Happened to me. You'll get through it, what helped me was alcohol and food. Then one day I just perked up and said, "I can make better sims and homes!" And I just downloaded it on another computer and started from scratch.

Now I'm better than ever and you will too!
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    I understand how you feel. Some people can't afford a new computer. But always save when you do something in the game. It helps.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I'm very sorry about my upset mind right now, but...I literally just created PERFECT KIDS in Manage Households while playing the game, and then I started building an awesome house with a lovely backyard and all...and guess what happened? My game got stuck and I had to shut my PC down and now all those perfect new Sims and the unfinished house are gone...I'm very sad and angry about that! :(
    Maybe it's because of the fact that my PC is like 7 years old, but still...I wasn't even able to save the game before it crashed! Omg things like these make me unmotivated to play the game. :( Being a Sims player can be VERY frustrating sometimes :(

The game auto saves Sims you play to CAS so maybe they are still in your CAS library. Even though you couldn't save your build.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

When you create families, the game automatically adds them to your local library, so try selecting the options "Households" and "Include Custom Content." If you were able to return to map view without errors after creating them, then they should be there.

With lots, you'll have to get into the habit of saving them to your library periodically, and then deleting the history after you've completed construction of the lot.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member

When you create families, the game automatically adds them to your local library, so try selecting the options "Households" and "Include Custom Content." If you were able to return to map view without errors after creating them, then they should be there.

With lots, you'll have to get into the habit of saving them to your library periodically, and then deleting the history after you've completed construction of the lot.
    Even when the game is not ended as usual? I mean, what if my PC didn't have time to save all the game's info to the memory in time? I mean, does the game information get saved to Origin/computer memory even if the PC is forced to shut down? :worried:
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

The game auto saves Sims you play to CAS so maybe they are still in your CAS library. Even though you couldn't save your build.

But the game doesn't autosave any CAS changes made to an already existing family, so if the OP has added the kids to a family that was already (actively) in game, then they won't be in the library.
    There's only an autosave to library if you start making a new household in CAS and then finish it and confirm that you're done creating the family. You can do this in one of three ways - the "new game" button on the top right of the main menu, the "create new household" button next to the "play" button on the main menu or by selecting an uninhabited lot in an existing save and choosing the "create a new household to move in" option in the lower right.

@ULIBABA66 I'm really sorry to hear what happened, but as others have said, save often. When your game crashes, basically it's a second chance - to do an even better job at what you did. :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

But the game doesn't autosave any CAS changes made to an already existing family, so if the OP has added the kids to a family that was already (actively) in game, then they won't be in the library.
    There's only an autosave to library if you start making a new household in CAS and then finish it and confirm that you're done creating the family. You can do this in one of three ways - the "new game" button on the top right of the main menu, the "create new household" button next to the "play" button on the main menu or by selecting an uninhabited lot in an existing save and choosing the "create a new household to move in" option in the lower right.

@ULIBABA66 I'm really sorry to hear what happened, but as others have said, save often. When your game crashes, basically it's a second chance - to do an even better job at what you did. :)

Omg nooo, now I'm even more angry :(
    But thank you for making me feel a little more inspired to try doing a better job next time I play the game :)
    I have to admit I didn't save the game before it got stuck :/
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Can you get back into the game at all @ULIBABA66 ? If you can did gallery auto save your Perfect Kids? Another thing, did you buy the lot with them in place mode for while you build. I ask because if I try to place them then decide to build a house and X out of place mode they go to "not in world mode" which means if they were pending a placement and you X-ed out they might be in "unplayed" "not in world" edit mode. I have actually lost sims because I didn't save, they didn't auto save. But I just started a new world and was placing sims that I made and then decided to build a house. I have found it better to build on lot without placing sims first because it opens the special awards to be used without cheats. Then when I go in and place them after build I find I have two of the household in game, one in world and one in "not in world" mode. Just a thought.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • harveyjames7harveyjames7 Posts: 8 New Member
    This happened to me a few times recently whilst building some absolute monster size houses. I literally hit the save button every 20 mins now, just incase lol
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    what are your specs a 7 year old computer is old maybe it cant keep up...
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    That is so frustrating. I'm sorry it happened to you.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I've learned to save often. I was building a lot once and almost had it finished and the power went out, lol. Fortunately I had pics of it on my phone to reference. I wish it had a quicksave button. I'd use it all the time, as I do in every game that has it.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Bummer that's always the worst. Save, save, save. I save once about every 30 mins ish. But learning to save often is something that applies to both my Simming and my career so it's just a habit I have developed!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I must first apologize if this has already been mentioned, but the family you created should be saved in your libary, it automatically does this right after you finish with them in CAS but before you go into any game play. Sometimes you won't see them in your library, just go to Advanced and then check the box that says Include Custom Content. Everything you created will then show up.