Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MsPrissy, These are for YOU!!!!!!

KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hi MsPrissy!! Sorry about making you wait but, well, you know, real life stuff, blah, blah...I know, who cares you probably just want a present, so let's get on with it!!!!!!!!

I carefully read your letter seeking some inspiration but nothing hit me at first, so I went back to our previous exhange and read through some of the chit chat that went on and I got the impression that you were a fun loving sort of person and so your sims should be too. Fun is what you and your sims will find here at your first gift:

Fun Time Park
Sims Like Fun! This park has fun for sims of all ages. Come one, come all. Ride the Merry Go Round, Wack a Whatever, have some food, play in the sand.

Fun%20Time%20Park%2002_zpsepzc5vm4.jpg

Fun%20Time%20Park%2001_zps6nkqdgz7.jpg

Here's the link to the slideshow: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Gift one
and the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8968861

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited August 2016
    As I reread your letter seeking more inspiration I noticed you said you play mostly in your own world of Misty Falls, so I hopped on the exchange and took a look at it. It's a really nice looking world and reminded me a bit of Hidden Springs. I also focused on the colors you like. I thought they reminded me of jewels, ruby red, emerald green, sapphire blue, amethyst purple, so that is how I came up with a little bit of theme for your gifts.

Gift Two:

Ruby Starter Cottage

I think this house will work well in Misty Falls. It is a basic traditional/ranch layout with 2 bedrooms, one bath, a large kitchen with dining room attached and a fairly large living room.
    This little starter house is simply furnished and completely decorated in all the jewel tones I mentioned.
    There is lots of room to grow both inside and out.

Ruby%20Starter%2001_zpskdougldb.jpg

Ruby%20Starter%2004_zpsqoksv3m2.jpg

Slideshow link: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Gift one/Gift Three

Exchange link http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8969303

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gift 3 (I forgot to reserve a spot :s )

The Dotson Family

Now I am not the best sim maker in the world, but this little family came together and I thought you might like them.

screenshot_original.jpg

Jasper Dotson

He's kind of a geek and when Pearl fell for him hard he couldn't believe his luck.
    His favorites are Indie music, hamburgers
    and the color green. LTW Perfect Mind, Perfect Body

screenshot_original.jpg

Pearl Dotson

As her name suggests she loves all things white. Even though they seem to be complete opposites something about Jasper just appealed to her so much that she knew they would end up together
    Her favorites are Classical music, french toast and the color white. LTW Surrounded by Family

screenshot_original.jpg

Amethyst Dotson
    Just call her Amy, okay!?! She has her mother's hair and her fathers nose. She has a need for adventure but loves a good book as well

screenshot_original.jpg

The Family photo

screenshot_original.jpg

Link to the exchange http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8969948
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    edited August 2016
    Okay, well this is it... your third and final gift.

One of the styles of house you mentioned in your letter was Victorian. I love making that style of house, so keeping with my theme, I combined that idea with my favorite gem and came up with

MsPrissy's Emerald Victorian

A Whimsical cottage the color of emeralds with lots of stained glass windows. Master bed with bath and a bonus room in the tower, currently set up as a nursery. Main level living, dining, kitchen and powder room. Wrap around porch

MsPrissys%20Emerald%2001_zpsyuul4oby.jpg

MsPrissys%20Emerald%2003%202_zpsxdlvic6t.jpg

MsPrissys%20Emerald%2003%204_zps9htpsdpx.jpg

Exchange link - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970224

Slideshow - http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/Gift one/Gift Two

I hope you enjoy these gifts as much as I enjoyed making them for you. Hugs <3
    Post edited by Kgaff on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great idea. I love the way you did the fencing and landscaping together that way.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Fun Time Park is filled with fun times! I know, I just had to go there. The fencing and connecting landscape is pretty awesome as are the different sections. LOVE the gazebo with the circular seating arrangement... easy to see sims relaxing in the shade or sharing a story or two. The arcade "stall" is a pretty nifty idea as well.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o ..... to infinity

O M Gawwwwwwwd!!!!! That. is. AWE -- sim!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

(is this too much excitement?!) LOL :D

So, in all my enthusiasm, did I say that I LOVE IT?!??? THANK YOU Thank you thank youuuuu!!!!

**and don't even worry about real life getting in the way. I totally understand. I was just trying to figure out WHO had me! lol**

p.s. I even noticed that you had colored it in some of my favorite colors!!! Also, I was only missing three items! (which have been bought) *SQUEEEEEEEE!!* I can't wait to start playing with this. :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Oh, how fun! Another lot with the wishing well...seems to be popular this exchange, lol. And it's got the carousel and the bohemian garden pavilion, too! Love it! Will fit in perfectly in a few different worlds, gotta love the flexibility there!
    Ruby Starter is a gem of a house! LOVE the colors you worked with, the kitchen and master bedroom are a favorite. The overview shows plenty of space to add on as this starter grows with the sim/sim family that lives here.
    Adorable starter! Always great to have some of those around! Love the blue trim with the red brick, it really pops! And I really love some of the wall coverings you used...the tile in the kitchen, the leather/wood in the bedroom, and the using the tiles as wall art in the living room! Never would have thought of that, but it looks great :)
    I LOVE MY LITTLE STARTER!!!! <3<3<3<3:#

The colors....... As I looked at each picture, I was "oooh'ing" and "look at that!". The TILE in the bathroom...... oh yeah! And in the kitchen... that backsplash (wall) ---- O M GAWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!

You, my friend, have a eye for design. #welldone

Already rec'd and downloaded!!! *squeeeeeeeeeeee!*
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited August 2016
    Somehow, my comment tried to post again. Yay randomness! :lol:
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What a pretty little starter! And a fun park! MsPrissy, you lucky thing - you got a fun park! And it has the carousel! (I love the carousel!)

I love the jewel tones in that starter. That's a lovely use for tile! I would never have thought of using it on the outside of a house, but it really makes it sparkle!

Gonna have to steal me these two - they're lovely!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Kgaff I really love Fun Time Park! You've really managed to pack a lot into a 30x30 lot and still have a nice flow of space. @MiaSkywalker I think we're ALL lucky things since we can borrow this fun. ;) I gave you a rec the other day when I saw this, Kgaff, and am just a little slow getting back here to make some comments. I love the colors, and the use of flooring under the attractions really helps define the space. The entry arch and fencing work really well with it, too. I'll be snagging this lot this weekend - both to take a better look at what you've done and to use in my own games. :)

The starter is adorable, too. I'm impressed with any starter that manages to look like an actual home. Love what you've done with the walls. The use of tile on portions of the purple walls helps the house look much more decorated than a starter budget allows. I also love your recolorings of the patterns you used for wallpapers. I recognized the pattern in the red bedroom right away but am still trying to figure out the blue room wallpaper, which I'm going to have to borrow. ;)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    suzses wrote: »
    @Kgaff I really love Fun Time Park! You've really managed to pack a lot into a 30x30 lot and still have a nice flow of space. @MiaSkywalker I think we're ALL lucky things since we can borrow this fun. ;) I gave you a rec the other day when I saw this, Kgaff, and am just a little slow getting back here to make some comments. I love the colors, and the use of flooring under the attractions really helps define the space. The entry arch and fencing work really well with it, too. I'll be snagging this lot this weekend - both to take a better look at what you've done and to use in my own games. :)

The starter is adorable, too. I'm impressed with any starter that manages to look like an actual home. Love what you've done with the walls. The use of tile on portions of the purple walls helps the house look much more decorated than a starter budget allows. I also love your recolorings of the patterns you used for wallpapers. I recognized the pattern in the red bedroom right away but am still trying to figure out the blue room wallpaper, which I'm going to have to borrow. ;)

@suzses Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. I have learned a lot about making affordable starter homes and recoloring wall papers that look like art instead of having to buy expensive pictures. That wall paper in the blue room is one of the leathers. It's one of the orange colored ones that looks like it was embossed it really changes when you play with colors. :)
    The Dotson family is delightful! Jasper did indeed get lucky when he met Pearl, she's a beauty, and their daughter Amy looks like her mother's genes have passed on down the line.
    Great starter and lovely family!
    The Dotsons look like a fun family! And such bright colors in their wardrobes! Very cute! :smile:
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Rec'd. Lovely lots and family :)
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    LOVE the theme park. It's great and cute and very fun looking!! I'm always looking for more activity places for my sims, so this is great! *steals*

Lovely looking family you have there too and the starter house looks awesome!! Rec'd all 3
    MsPrissy's Emerald Victorian is gorgeous with all of its greenery! This fabulous place has plenty of charm tucked here and there among beautiful colors and cozy furniture. Easy to see a fairy flitting about here for some reason... or perhaps someone with a green thumb. Choices, choices.
    edited August 2016
    *singing* "Follow the yellow brick road.... follow the yellow brick road.... follow follow follow follow - follow the yellow brick road...."

LOL!!! Sorry. That just popped in my head when I saw the name of my other new home! :D I LOVE IT!! Small, but still has an "old" charming feel to it. And the wood against some of the coloring.... perfect. I'm gonna have to go on a magical mystery tour and look at the rest of the images, now. LOL

I totally agree with trying to make starters and keeping them UNDER the price range so our sims can still buy it. It is hard. The houses I had made for Sjappie in the last exchange, I wanted to come up with a different design for each one, but not have them look so cramped. My "Italiano Cottage" that I had built for her ended up being her BIG gift, because what started *out* as a starter, just grew and grew. LOL
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Wow, I love the park and the Victorian so, so much! The ruby starter is also very, very cute. And your family is lovely as well! Don't sell yourself short on your sim-creating-skills ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What a pretty little Victorian! I love that so many of us have made Victorians - I'm going to have to create a Victorian neighborhood within one of my worlds, and place all of these there. :)

I really love how rustic and homey it is on the inside, yet has those absolutely gorgeous windows on the outside!
    Lots of Victorians, yes, but none so unique! Those stain-glass windows mark the difference, I think. I love the flowers all around and the wishing well too!
    What a colorful Victorian! So pretty! And you can never have enough pretty Victorian houses! ;)
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Fun Time Park looks fun indeed! :smile: Lots of stuff to try!

Ruby Starter Cottage is lovely :) Definitely agree that it is a gem of a starter! Lovely on the outside (pretty red colour!) and lovely on the inside :)

The Dotson's look like a fun family to play! Love the way you've showcased them and their outfits; loving the jewel theme!

That is one of the cutest and most whimsical cottages I have ever seen, wow! It's so cute and colourful inside and and out, and that fencing; neat idea! I love the well that's outside too; nice touch :)

All rec'd! :)