Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Rodeo Gifts for XxHannelorexX

Hi @XxHannelorexX!! Guess what? That's right, I'm your secret buddy for this exchange!!

I was so happy when I was reading through your letter, because a lot of my likes align with yours. My muse came up with a whole bunch of ideas and I started looking up some inspiration. Unfortunately, real life threw a monkey wrench in my plans for this exchange, but with the help of the wonderful @tanubanue and encouragement from @ADWilson I still have gifts for you, which I hope you will enjoy. I'll be presenting them one at a time over the next few days, so without further ado...

Comments

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited August 2016
    I would like to introduce you to

Clover Ayers

Free-spirited and fun-loving, Clover just recently left home and struck out on her own to find her fortune. She loves to travel and collect memorabilia from all the places she visits so she never forgets about them. Though she will never stop exploring, she hopes to someday have a special place and family of her own to come home to.

CloverAyers.png
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Clover is cute in face (freckles!) and personality (excitable is fun to play!). Will be an enjoyable sim to have in one's game!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    She's very cute, Kaytay! I love the swimwear you chose. Almost looks like a one-piece with a pair of shorts underneath. :)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I love the color scheme you picked for her outfits! I am so impressed that some people can do that so well. You are obviously one of those people.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    That's a really good idea to show the outfits on the Sim! I didn't do that with mine, and now I'm wishing I had.

She is very cute, and ADWilson is right - those freckles are adorable! Just a hint of country charm. :)
  • XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @KaytayRoall Oh my goodness, fairy <3

Fairy! :smiley: Clover (I love that name, by the way :blush: ) is so cute! What an adorable face!

Also, those outfits are gorgeous and look so suitable for a sim like Clover :smile: Love those colours! They match so nicely! And you've used some of my absolute favorite hairstyles <3

She looks like a really fun sim to play! Those traits make her look like she's be a nice friend so many of my simmies :smile: And I love the LTW you chose for her; I don't think I've ever tried out that one before; it will be so much fun to try it out!

Thank you so much for making her <3 I'm looking forward to getting her into my game; I can relax a bit after my presentation tomorrow so I expect I'll get to spend some of the weekend simming :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    What a darling sim! I love playing an adventurous sim and she looks like she's up for anything.
    @ADWilson Thank you! I didn't plan on her having freckles, but I was mostly done with her face and was actually checking if I wanted to give her a beauty mark, but wasn't paying attention and clicked the freckles instead. They were just too cute and suited her perfectly, so they ended up staying. :D Excitable is one of my favorite traits to play with because it's so fun. I know it's not the most beneficial, but I love seeing my sims get excited about simple stuff and I thought it would be a fun match with adventurous. Will she jump up and down every time she finds a secret door or sneaks past a trap? I don't actually know, but that's how I picture her.

@MsPrissy88 Thanks! Her swimwear was the quickest outfit I came up with, actually. I didn't even try any others on her, I just knew that one was perfect.

@ciane Thank you so much! I love playing around with colors and I'm always happy when a color scheme works out well. Hopefully it makes up a bit for my lack of fashion sense. :sweat_smile: I used to just pick a single color for each sim I made and based their wardrobe around that, but I found it got boring. Now I like doing color schemes, because it still has a nice unified feel (and is easier than coming up with a new color scheme for each outfit), but is also a bit more interesting.

@MiaSkywalker Thank you! I can't take credit for the showcase idea. I definitely stole it from somewhere (although I don't remember where anymore lol) and have seen it done much fancier, but I'm a little lazy...

@XxHannelorexX Yay! I'm so glad you like her! Cute is exactly what I was going for. I hope she brings a lot of fun to your game, whether you are playing her and trying out a new LTW or just put her in as a friendly neighbor. :) Stay tuned, if all goes well your second gift will be up later today!

@Kgaff Thanks. I love adventurous sims, too. She might not be the toughest explorer, but I think she'll certainly have some fun and exciting adventures! :D
    @KaytayRoall I love the excitable trait :) Sims look so happy when they have it! And I agree; I think it fits an adventurous sim perfectly!
    edited August 2016
    Hi @XxHannelorexX! Sorry to keep you waiting! I got a bit caught up in last minute details for this next gift yesterday and today was my first day of classes. I think the outcome is well worth the extra time I spent on it, though, and I hope you will, too!

Even a wanderer like Clover needs a place to call home. So I present to you...

The Cozy Tudor Starter

Screenshot-11.jpg

A cozy little Tudor cottage with rustic charm, this home has all the basics. The first floor is an open living area with fireplace to keep you toasty on even the coldest winter days. The kitchen and bathroom are updated with modern appliances and plumbing. Upstairs is the single bedroom with double bed. All for just under $16,000.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-17.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

Screenshot-18.jpg

Screenshot-19.jpg

Screenshot-21.jpg

Screenshot-22.jpg

Screenshot-23.jpg

Screenshot-24.jpg

You may notice a fair number of photos hanging on the walls of this home. I originally just wanted a couple for above the bed that showed all the travel locations, but then I went on a picture-taking spree and... well, that's why I'm a little late posting this. :s I ended up liking so many of the pictures I took, I searched for places all over the house to hang them to include as many as I could. I thought it would be a nice personal touch, too, for Clover to have travel photos everywhere. So I hope you like them and will forgive me for the delay. :)
    The Cozy Tudor Starter might be small (20 x 15 lot) but it packs plenty of charm and appeal from the curb to inside! LOVE the cabinets and colors used in the kitchen; the personalized photographs; the wood and stone brickwork. Still can't believe this is a starter home... it has so much stuff in it.
    Addy - Right? When I first saw the "list" of the store items Kaytay had used, I fell in love with the overhead cabinets!

Kaytay -- Your color scheme is AWESOME! The bedspread....... I must download this!!! Very cute little house. *claps hands*
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What a cute little tudor starter! And it's only 20x15. That will fit nicely into so many places!
    Oh my goodness, @KaytayRoall !

This is the cutest little starter home! I'm hopeless at sticking to a budget so I'm always so impressed with anyone that can make lovely starter homes!

Tudor is such a gorgeous style :) Perfectly fitting for Clover but I think many of my other sims will want it too...

It is sooooo cute! I love all the small decor pieces around, like the piggy bank and the books on top of the fireplace :smile: Speaking of the fireplace, is that brick recoloured to match the rest of the house? How did you do that? I thought it was impossible!

And the furniture matches so perfectly. I'm so jealous of my sims haha! I wish I could live in a house with this sort of style :wink: Maybe one day!

Those counters in the kitchen are recoloured beautifully, wow! O.O It even matches the light! Such amazing attention to detail!

Love the patterns on the sofa and bed too; such a cozy feeling!

And all those photographs; oh my! Lovely :blush: It is a very nice touch, and especially perfect for an adventurous sim like Clover

Thank you so much <3 It is amazingly beautiful and I can't wait to get it in game and start an adventure with Clover :smile:
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    ...somehow, I missed Clover earlier. No idea how that happened, cause she's adorable! Love the color choices for her wardrobe...it suits her. And the freckles...those are always adorable. ;)

Cozy Tudor Starter is wonderful! Love it! Perfect place for a fairy to start out! Love how you combined the storybook and happily ever after cottage sets, they look great together!
    @ADWilson Thank you :) There is very much a knack to building starters, it's something I've learned slowly over a long time. Being clever with recolors is an important part of it, since I usually use a lot of the same (cheapest) items over and over again. The photographs are also a tremendous addition. Each is worth only $2-5, because I'm careful to make sure they don't have an actual "subject" so the game gives them a very low value. They make great, cheap decor! :D

@MsPrissy88 Thanks. :) Those cabinets just happen to be some of the cheapest, which is why I used them here. I usually find them hard to match anything with, but I was very happy that they suited this build so well.

@MiaSkywalker Thank you! I think you might even be able to fit it on a 20x20 and have it still be starter price, but I like starting my builds out on the smallest possible lot size to give people as many options as possible.

@XxHannelorexX :D Again, so happy you like it! I'm a stickler about starter homes and budget in my own games, so I have a lot of experience with them. I swear they get better each time. This is definitely one of, if not the, best I've made so far. I'm a fan of the Tudor style and when I saw it on your letter, I knew what I would be building for you. I did my best to give it the cluttered, lived-in feel you talked about in your letter. Haha, I often feel jealous of my sims and the homes they get to live in, too!

So many comments on the bedspread! I do want to mention that it uses a store item pattern, from the Bohemian Dress. So you will have to have that item installed for it to show up correctly. I love all of the floral patterns that dress comes with and use them constantly!

Oh, as for the chimney/fireplace, I used the pieces from the old mill set, which are re-colorable chimney pieces. They can be found under "columns" and a couple other spots, I think. They can take some fiddling to get them to work, but the effect is well worth it!

@Bookworm742 Thank you! :D Adorable is exactly what I wanted for Clover. As for the house, I actually had the inspiration for that first and knew I wanted there to be a fairy sim to possibly live in it, which is where the idea for Clover came from.
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    D'aaawww, clover is adorable! I love her so much! And that house....

You sure it's a starter? ;) It looks amazing for being the price it is! *downloads*

rec'd!
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Wow, that house is amazing! It looks so nice and in theme! And your simmie is very cute as well :) I rec'd both for you!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Hi @XxHannelorexX :)

Kay had asked me awhile ago to help her out with a gift for you. While doing so I was inspired to keep going and Kay and I together created this gift for you. She asked me to upload it for you today since her launcher is giving her issues and she is going to be kept away most of the day.

I would like you to meet Mathew and Kristy Bentley ~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970563

Mathew was quite happy fiddling around with his inventions and saving a penny everywhere he could. When not inventing he enjoyed whipping up something in the kitchen or endlessly working away becoming overjoyed with the smallest accomplishments. Then he met Kristy's Mom.

He wasn't prepared for a child and then when Kristy's Mom disappeared he was really not ready for sudden single parent hood but here he was with a toddler who was curious about everything. But one thing he didn't understand was why did her toys keep disappearing and then reappearing seemingly out of thin air? Her Mom had never told him of her secret.

Screenshot-26_zpsghgq3yv4.jpg

Screenshot-24_zpsba4vbotd.jpg

Screenshot-29_zpsmweypsly.jpg

Screenshot-30_zpsezwzbbh2.jpg

Screenshot-31_zpsubo6f646.jpg

Screenshot-32_zpsr7zpfjhd.jpg

Screenshot-28_zpsglvodz0k.jpg

Kay and I hope you like these two and that they add a lot of fun to your game :)
    Mathew and Kristy are an adorable pair who look like they would be tons of fun to play!
    Awwwwwww..... this is cute. Love their backstory, Tanu. Already rec'd and downloaded!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Lovely little family! Matthew looks so good :) his traits make him seem like an interesting sim to play! I also wonder about why the toys keep disappearing, is she supernatural, or do I have to find out myself? ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Oww, love the two families and the house!

@XxHannelorexX :D Again, so happy you like it! I'm a stickler about starter homes and budget in my own games, so I have a lot of experience with them. I swear they get better each time. This is definitely one of, if not the, best I've made so far. I'm a fan of the Tudor style and when I saw it on your letter, I knew what I would be building for you. I did my best to give it the cluttered, lived-in feel you talked about in your letter. Haha, I often feel jealous of my sims and the homes they get to live in, too!

So many comments on the bedspread! I do want to mention that it uses a store item pattern, from the Bohemian Dress. So you will have to have that item installed for it to show up correctly. I love all of the floral patterns that dress comes with and use them constantly!

Oh, as for the chimney/fireplace, I used the pieces from the old mill set, which are re-colorable chimney pieces. They can be found under "columns" and a couple other spots, I think. They can take some fiddling to get them to work, but the effect is well worth it!

It really is gorgeous! <3 I think I'm going to start practicing starter homes; maybe I'll get the knack of it eventually, hehe :smile:

Oh, I didn't realise those old mill items were recolourable! I will definitely keep that in mind for future builds; thanks for the tip!
    @tanubanue @KaytayRoall

Ooh, Mathew and Kristy look like fun sims to play! Secrets and more secrets! :open_mouth:

"when Kristy's Mom disappeared" :cry:

" But one thing he didn't understand was why did her toys keep disappearing and then reappearing seemingly out of thin air? Her Mom had never told him of her secret" :worried: Whoa!

<3 the pic of Mathew holding Kristy on his shoulders, dawww! :smiley: Cuties!

I can hardly wait to get them in game; thank you so much for making and uploading them <3