Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning about photos - please read

2...Next

Comments

• plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Ah, OK then, cheers for telling me that!
  • SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    You should never delete TravelDB if you do travel, because it also stores information on any foreigners, uni students or future Sims you met.

And for the same reason you should never import TravelDB from one save to another.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Something others probably already know, but new to me and tangental to the discussion:

You can lose your Sim's paintings if you use Edit Town to move the house to a new lot. Workaround seems to be taking down art your Sim created and putting it in personal or family inventory before making the change. I learned this the hard way, swiping the "Beautiful Vista" lot on Sunlit Tides from a less-deserving family.

It can make a difference if they are framed or not. I forget the details now - but in some circumstances you can lose your framed paintings but the unframed ones are not lost.
    I can't say I recognize the problem and that probably is because I never frame them then. I don't like the frames because they're grey and too big for my taste and uncustomizable. It's a pity really you can't unframe them (I understand you do want to frame them when you want to make them part of an exposition), the way you can display gems and undisplay them again of you want to.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2016
    Deleting files in the WorldCaches folder broke one of my mods. It took me a while to figure out the problem until I restored those files from the recycle bin and it worked again.

This isn't totally related to the topic but I wanted to post about it. I wonder if others have experienced the same thing. This is the mod it "broke" until I restored the files... http://modthesims.info/d/358262
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    World caches shouldn't be deleted if you are using a Mac as well.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Thank you so much for this! I just noticed that the frames in the home I set them up in are all blank and couldn't figure out why.
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Karritz, thanks! I have a PC so that helps Mac users too :)

@MadIris, no problem :) I hope you can get your TravelDB back!
  • TurtleShroomTurtleShroom Posts: 16 Member
    You think THAT is bad? I learned that if you upgrade your computer phone to the Future Sim Holo-Phone, [B][I]IT PURGES ITS INVENTORY AND YOU CANNOT GET YOUR PICTURES BACK[/I][/B].

Don't be like me. Don't end up having to go back to an older saved game!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited December 2020
    @coco, thanks! That's a really useful link and it shows how the save file can become bloated. I had to disabled memories because in my first save file, the loading time had increased to 30 minutes! That's long even for somebody like me who grew up with loading games from cassettes :p

@nickibitsward, that's still a shame though, I'm sorry you're having that problem. I'll post up every time I find glitches/ways to solve glitches, so hopefully I can help more people that way too.
    In before thread gets locked down for getting necro'd.

@plushtrap_107 @coco oh god... I remember those...
    maxresdefault.jpg
    2bbabtumzod11.jpg

Proof for the "youngsters" 25 and under that think we're joking. :smirk:;)
    @plushtrap_107 - BTW Spacesnake was my favorite on the Vic20

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    And locked, as you guessed it, for necroposting.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top