August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Sims 3 Household Exchange

1235...Next

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,670 Member
    edited January 2018
    @EA_Mage , sorry to bother you but it looks like the sticky tape has come off this thread again :s I just found it on page 4
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,496 Member
    Did anyone else get notified by "system"?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 14,183 Member
    edited January 2018
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get notified by "system"?

@Simtown15,
    It's probably the management team doing some things to fix the Notifications as they seem to be broken for some of the members over here. I had received a PM by EA_Mage stating that they're going to do some testing to the Notifications system, so we may see some strange @ mentions from them since I'm one of the members who don't get all of their notifications when being mentioned by other forum members.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 3,922 Member
    I just shared this base game (+Seasons outerwear and umbrellas)-only family to the Exchange:

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9255696

1XmDssZ.jpgSrjOX33.jpg

SZu0bHD.jpg

5n4RLpz.jpg
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,585 Member
    I've just found this thread! XD

@PalmArrow I've downloaded the Wilsons. I'm looking for families to add to my Sunset Valley in the future.

Here's my contribution:

original.jpg

Smugglers Household

They've got inspiration from The Elder Scrolls.

original.jpg

Hatch Household

He's a nice blend between Emma Hatch and Cyclone Sword.

original.jpg

Reynolds Household

After three days, Dhalia has a little surprise for your town.

Just sims:

headshot_original.jpg

Aidan McGraw is the child of Molly Bluejay and Styles McGraw.

headshot_original.jpg

Colby Frio is a witch whose parents are Agnes Crumplebotton and Connor Frio.

headshot_original.jpg

Andreas Draconis was the very first sim I uploaded. Now he's known as Ethan in my current game and he's also Fenris from the Smugglers household above. I added him here in case anyone wants a stand-alone version of him.
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 100 Member

After three days, Dhalia has a little surprise for your town.

Surprise is an understatement! LOL :D

giphy.gif
  • Sunfisher0Sunfisher0 Posts: 209 Member
    edited May 2019
    This is such an awesome thread! (even if I'm late to the party...)

I downloaded the Lawson family. They're enjoying retirement in my save and through the miracle of modern science have engineered two girls named Emma and Naomi!

Screenshot-5.jpg

Despite being elderly, and constantly tired from being awoken by babies, they keep rolling wants for more children. :D

Screenshot-9.jpg

Oh WOW that is absolutely adorable @Sunfisher0 <3
    I am so pleased that they have such an awesome life in your game. Thank you :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • blueamberblueamber Posts: 32 Member
    I'm about to create another town, does anyone have any recommendations for a good story?
    I've made and uploaded a Sims 3 version of Makoa Kealoha from TS4 Island Living. I used a store hair, and clothes from various EPs, but no CC. He should have the IP sailboat shown in the screenshot in his inventory.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9324530

LnTA8uk.jpg

zXx2ONX.jpg

syT5KEo.jpg

8qaI6K2.jpg
  • iFluxiFlux Posts: 8 New Member
    I enjoy populating my neighborhoods with sims that don't have generic faces. I like all of the households shared here. Perhaps I will start creating some, as well, to share!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 20,274 Member
    edited October 2019
  • sweetgirl12178sweetgirl12178 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi I figured something out that might help people who are like me I was having a hard time getting my sims to get all of their career goals completing cuz whenever they get pregnant they give them time off for maternity leave and by time they go back to work they age up and they dont pass their career goal before they are an elder is u make they a workaholic they work from home and they get promoted faster I created my sim family this afternoon and built their house and both sims are already up to level 4 and have 2 celebrity stars
  • animexlifeanimexlife Posts: 36 Member
    Does anyone have any familys with teens and or kids? I have all expansions, and some stuff packs. I love filling my towns with kids and teens, let the chaos ensue!
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 344 Member
    edited December 2019
    animexlife wrote: »
    Does anyone have any familys with teens and or kids? I have all expansions, and some stuff packs. I love filling my towns with kids and teens, let the chaos ensue!

I have one family with fraternal twin (boy/girl) teens and a female alien child with their house: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9352872
    Post edited by carlystur03 on
  • animexlifeanimexlife Posts: 36 Member
    Thank you Carlystur03 I'll give them a try!
  • BobbiliciousBobbilicious Posts: 25 Member
    This is such a fun idea! I personally use a fair bit of sliders (and cc). I won't use cc for households I'll be sharing here, but if I use sliders would they show up if the person who downloads it doesn't have sliders? If so, will it give problems?
    If you use sliders to create your sims, and the person who downloads them doesn't have the same sliders, your sim will show up in the other person's game as intended, but if the downloader without the sliders tries to edit the sims features, they will simply snap back to the original shape.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • BobbiliciousBobbilicious Posts: 25 Member
    That's very good to know! I don't want to be responsible for any kind of problems in someones game. Thank you! :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 4,894 Member
    edited July 3
    Pary wrote: »
    If you use sliders to create your sims, and the person who downloads them doesn't have the same sliders, your sim will show up in the other person's game as intended, but if the downloader without the sliders tries to edit the sims features, they will simply snap back to the original shape.

@Pary Is there something specific to do to get this to work? Like installing the sim as an S3P instead of a sim file? Just wondering cause I've never been able to make this work. When I put sims into my game without their custom sliders they look deformed. Or if I take the custom sliders out of my game and have used them on sims or have sims they were used on they then look deformed. I would love to be able to get my game to work like you said if there's a trick to it. Or maybe I have a mod that conflicts?

P.S. I came here looking for Tricky Sweet. She's lovely. :blush:
    The Sequel: Part 9

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 6,700 Member
    CarterWilkinson.png
    Carter is a young man with a penchant for business. When he's not working at the office, he can usually be found at the gym honing his body into that of Adonis himself. Although he is dedicated to his work, he's also a social butterfly which doesn't help him with relationships. His lack of commitment has turned off many a potential mate. If not at the gym, he can be found at the park enjoying the great outdoors.
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    Screenshot-85.jpg
    Screenshot-86.jpg

Lifetime Wish - CEO of a megacorporation,

Favorite Color: Yellow
    Favorite Music: Pop,
    Favorite Food: Peanut Butter and Jelly

Zodiac: Cancer

Traits: Athletic, Commitment Issues, Loves the Outdoors, Schmoozer, Workaholic

Download Carter Wilkinson
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

"The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf
    The Darling family

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9408507

I made this household in order to move them into a town I'm populating, and decided to share it here too.
    Agnes Crumplebottom is one of my favourite premades, and I wanted to create an alternate universe version of her with no tragedy in her life: She and Eric are happily married and have two children. Consequently, she never developed the "grumpy" trait (I replaced it with "couch potato"), and she wears bright colours (but still in her signature retro style).
    I started with EA versions of Agnes and Eric and edited Agnes's face just a little bit, and Eric's a little bit more. The family's clothes are base game, with outerwear and umbrellas from Seasons.

gnzo88b.jpg

f8JXw92.jpg