Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Question

That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
I just received the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin and I already have a retail copy of Double Deluxe installed. Will I have to uninstall my retail copy to install the Origin version, or will it just install the expansions I don't have in my game?

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    It is recommended you uninstall the old one first. If you wanted to carry a neighborhood(s) over, copy the neighborhood files you want to save to some place safe. Desktop is good. Then after installing the UC you can delete the fresh neighborhoods it came with, and replace them with your copies. Some people don't have success trying, but many other people do. :)

**note if you delete the ones that come with UC and your replacements do not work for some reason, you can delete the ENTIRE folder called neighborhoods, and the game will make a new one when the game is next launched.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    You'll have to uninstall the version of the game you already have on your computer first. Just back up your current Sims 2 folder when you do so that you can transfer your saves, custom music, and custom content when you do and you're set. ^_^
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    Alright, thanks!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Actually, no you don't. I remember having two The Sims 2 games in my computer when I installed Ultimate Collection. I didn't need to uninstall it.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Actually, no you don't. I remember having two The Sims 2 games in my computer when I installed Ultimate Collection. I didn't need to uninstall it.

I'm not sure how you managed that. Perhaps it was downloaded but not actually installed, or only partially installed.... UC shouldn't install if there is already a Sims 2 game installed. If it even allowed it, it would cause conflicts because it's essentially the same game.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I just received the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin and I already have a retail copy of Double Deluxe installed. Will I have to uninstall my retail copy to install the Origin version, or will it just install the expansions I don't have in my game?

Neither. When Ultimate Collection is installed, the copy already installed is saved as a subfolder to the new Sims 2 folder.
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

I'm not sure how you managed that. Perhaps it was downloaded but not actually installed, or only partially installed.... UC shouldn't install if there is already a Sims 2 game installed. If it even allowed it, it would cause conflicts because it's essentially the same game.

No, it installed perfectly. There wasn't Veronaville neighborhood, but every other thing was in game.
    Maybe it was because of the fact, that I didn't register any The Sims 2 games in Origin. Or because the fact that I accidentally corrupted my whole game. I don't know then how that happend then.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    So weird. I'm glad your game is working for you though. I think I'd go through withdrawal if my games stopped working. :)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    So weird. I'm glad your game is working for you though. I think I'd go through withdrawal if my games stopped working. :)

Actually, I talked about the past. My previous computer broke down, so I got a new one. After all, I wasn't playing that Non-Ultimate Collection version after installed The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, so Non-Ultimate Collection neighborhoods are now gone forever (That's a very long time...).