Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's still playing the Sims 1 from time to time?

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Goldbear86

I will have to check some further interactions tomorrow for them all going out together..No I do not play in windowed mode but often when playing other series I will pause and hit the windows key on my keyboard to take me back to desktop so I can search google for something however the very first time I installed 1 whenever I tried to do this the game would shut down so I have not tried it this time yet...

so do you think you are going to buy city life then? How long have we waited to be able to sell out own art and not just stuff from buy/build mode.. I hope sims will be able to sell anything they make themselves. I love the idea of artists being able to set up their own little stands.. I also like the idea of those tables to sell things on and the fact kids can sell as well.. Also I really do like those food stands as although they are not quite the same as the ones I love in 2 it does bring that vibe back and the fact you can have all these things on your home lot if you want to as well..

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Do you remember this trick?

When you get a promotion, immediately spend about half of your bonus on decorating the home. Try and boost the environment score for one of the rooms. (although it's not always neccesary)
    The first time the phone rings after leaving buld/buy mode answer it...it's almost always a cash reward that excedes the amount you spent. :)
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @Uzone27 I've never had that happen! I'm going to try that!

@SPARKY1922 I've never tried what you are describing because imwould worry it would just close the game. I'm hopefully going to get to The Sims today and I will double check the interaction. I actually checked the Prima Guide I have and it says you just ask them too. (I'm going to try some of the cc for the sims 3 you recommended too)

I have CL pre ordered! I have done for a while, it's the first time I've ever pre ordered. I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad we will have neighbours in apartments, I love the idea of selling your art and selling your stuff. I love that sims can sell their stuff even on a house lot and I'm really glad to hear that even if Sims aren't living in the city they will get a notification about upcoming festivals as I didn't want only sims living in San Myshuno to be told about it.

Im excited I must admit.
    @Uzone27

No I have not heard of that before either I will try that in due course when I play without money cheats :)

@Goldbear86

It does bug me if I keep having to close the game to go to a google search but as I get more used to the series it will become less..

yes I am looking forward to trying CL and like you and most other players I hope that aside from the artist stand those seller tables can be used for all sorts of stuff sims make themselves and not just from build/buy. I also like the idea of being informed from outside the world when festivals will be happening. Another small but invaluable feature is the way you can look inside buildings from neigborhood view without having to physically go inside the building.. The city reminds me quite a lot of the 3 ITF though lol
    Really? I will be honest I've never looked at into the future in TS3. I'm not sure why, I have it. I guess I've just spent more time in Ts1,2 and 4.

How are you finding TS1(graphic disappointment aside) Are you playing with all the EPs?
    @Goldbear86

The hood graphics are fine it's the sims graphics that leave a lot to be desired however I would rather put up with that than not be able to play so I am not unhappy-) Yes I have the full complete collection so its learning a whole new series at once a bit like how I experienced learning about 2 lol

Today I have made up my mind to start fiddling around with screen program apps to try and be able to take better quality pics..
    I'm used to the graphics I guess. I do wince sometimes. Mostly what frustrates me is the camera angle! But I do love the gameplay. Theres just something about the original...
    @Goldbear86

yeah the camera angles lol I keep trying to play as if I am playing another series I intend to look for a camera mod if there was such a thing-)
    @SPARKY1922 I do that with the camera. When I played the sims 4 with the sims 4 style camera I got used to that and when I played 2 and 3 I kept holding down the mouse button. I've since changed it to the sims 3 camera, so much easier.
    @Goldbear86

do you know if there is any camera mod for sims 1 at all?
    I've never found one:-( I actually went looking for one earlier. If I find one I will let you know!
    @Goldbear86

Thanks I will also take a look today I only asked because I thought you said you had one already for 1 my bad apologies... :)
  • DuskeynDuskeyn Posts: 200 Member
    I miss this game now! I think I have a few of them in my room somewhere, may have to go have a look ;) I loved the one where the celebrities would pop out of nowhere and start chilling with you all casually lol
    DIXON.png
    You don't have to apologise @SPARKY1922.
    I don't have any cc in my sims 1 game. I suppose it's just because I'm used to the look of the game.

Superstar is a great pack. @Duskeyn. My sim is a one star celeb and met Marilyn Monroe :D
    edited October 2016
    duplicate post
    Post edited by MidnightAura on
    edited October 2016
    Duplicate post.
  • xKhaleesixKhaleesi Posts: 64 Member
    I had all of the expansions, but sadly I can only find the base game :( But yes, I do play it from time to time.
    Origin ID: Luxsurie
  • hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 921 Member
    I saw this thread and thought, "I miss Sims Original!" I can't get it to run on my current computer. I don't know what I did wrong, I install it, but it seems to uninstall itself. I have a 64 bit machine, and I think the game is for 32 or less. I have everything from Sims 1, all expansions, and lots of custom stuff. I miss the game so much! I have actually thought about finding an older, yet functional, machine and see if I can get it to run on there. Part of me wishes they would offer the Complete Collection for download through Origin or something. Then, likely as not, I'd be able to play again!
    Sims 2, 3 and 4 work fine on my current machine, just can't run Sims 1. :(
    My computer is about 3 years old, upgraded to Windows 10, Vid card old, and in desperate need of replacement. If anyone has suggestions on getting Sims 1 to run on my computer, let me know!
    @hummingbird41556

I have just installed 1 on my windows 7 64bit system and its running fine although I am just not too keen on the sim detail graphically.. At first it would not load up until I took the following 2 actions..

run the application as an administrator. Rick click the executable file, navigate down the menu to 'properties' and left click, switch to the compatibility tab and check the Run as Administrator box.

Further info on following website

http://modthesims.info/t/564118

second I uninstalled the Microsoft update KB3086255

Then my game loaded fine after this....so hopefully yours may too :)
  • WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    I love that the simplest questions about The Sims can turn into really interesting discussions on these forums. :) I'm also in the internet download camp. My Sims 2 discs wouldn't even install on my computer (I ended up getting UC from Origin). I shudder to think what would have happened with The Sims discs.

I love going back to look at everything and enjoy the nostalgia, but I have to admit that it does not fit my play style anymore. The Sims is amazing, but I got used to Sims 2 and 3, where one doesn't have to command five showers a day and plan routing extremely cautiously just to get by. I find it's just too stressful for me now. But I've gotten old. :D
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    I still play it just as much as I play the Sims 2! Out of all of the games the sims 1 is my absolute favorite; only because it's the game I remember most as a kid. And I fully agree with WestGhost, it's difficult to play for long hours at a time since the later games just spoil you with more things to do! and tbh not being able to see your neighbors and just a gray stcreen isnt very pleasant anymore.
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    WestGhost wrote: »
    I love going back to look at everything and enjoy the nostalgia, but I have to admit that it does not fit my play style anymore. The Sims is amazing, but I got used to Sims 2 and 3, where one doesn't have to command five showers a day and plan routing extremely cautiously just to get by. I find it's just too stressful for me now. But I've gotten old. :D

Same, it's not really in the same "camp" as the other 3 games :D it's like a totally different thing that transports you into a totally different time :D

Origin ID: Selxna
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    edited October 2016
    I saw this thread and thought, "I miss Sims Original!" I can't get it to run on my current computer. I don't know what I did wrong, I install it, but it seems to uninstall itself. I have a 64 bit machine, and I think the game is for 32 or less. I have everything from Sims 1, all expansions, and lots of custom stuff. I miss the game so much! I have actually thought about finding an older, yet functional, machine and see if I can get it to run on there. Part of me wishes they would offer the Complete Collection for download through Origin or something. Then, likely as not, I'd be able to play again!
    Sims 2, 3 and 4 work fine on my current machine, just can't run Sims 1. :(
    My computer is about 3 years old, upgraded to Windows 10, Vid card old, and in desperate need of replacement. If anyone has suggestions on getting Sims 1 to run on my computer, let me know!

You can download the whole collection that will run on modern computers from 3rd party websites online, sadly not anything official. But you probably don't have a good chance of getting it to work with the original disks, especially on Windows 10...
    I have 8.1 and it worked fine with just installing the downloaded complete collection and getting the shortcut for the .exe (so without any launchers) on my desktop. If you have 10 you might have to run as administrator and/or with compatibility mode, but I've seen it run fine on some Win10 users' PCs, so it's not impossible :)
    But again, if you're looking for an "official" way, I don't think there is one.. :/

edit: also sorry for double posting! i'll try to remember to have everything in one post next time :$
    Origin ID: Selxna
    I have the Sims 1 and all expansions working with Windows 10 so it's not impossible.
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I have the Sims 1 and all expansions working with Windows 10 so it's not impossible.

^ This, me too

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top