Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Party-ish EP3! Yay.....

City Life....hmmm what happens in the city? Shopping, but In The Sims 4? Nah...unlikely. Work n stuff, but we already had that so I don't think so...... Wait...what's left...PARTYING??? IN THE SIMS 4? :O WOHOOOOO!!! It isn't like we already had partying-themed packs right? RIGHT? Right.....? Yea...same :sleeping:
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Vampires?! Zombie Apocalypse?! ... Rundown and Gritty?!

NOoo... you will not get me excited. :mask:
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    sims 4 get robbed ?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    City Life....hmmm what happens in the city? Shopping, but In The Sims 4? Nah...unlikely. Work n stuff, but we already had that so I don't think so...... Wait...what's left...PARTYING??? IN THE SIMS 4? :O WOHOOOOO!!! It isn't like we already had partying-themed packs right? RIGHT? Right.....? Yea...same :sleeping:

They only thing we know about the expansion is the brazilian name and you already start to complain...

There is no such thing as brazillian. The language is called Portuguese though it has major differences from the Portuguese spoken in Portugal. Think of it like England, Australia and America's way of speaking or Spain and South America countries that speak spanish. The original version, the European one, I guess you could say that, is different than the one in the Americas.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There are plenty of things about City Life that don't surround parties or entertainment -- just because previous city expansions have focused on that aspect doesn't mean that's all there is. In fact, since we've already got most of the traditional "nightlife" venues in the base game (bars, nightclubs, lounges), a City Life EP would have to focus on city life from a different direction.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I hope there is (since it is already done no sense speculating, but I can hope) poverty, and places where you can put graffiti. I hope there are sections for the very rich, the very poor. I hope there are shelters and food pantries. I also hope there are gardens that have a pigeon lady, or where you can feed the birds and squirrels, where there are quirky sims, and I hope for a Ms Crumblebottom. That's what I am hoping for. I am a little tired of all the nice nice in the game I want some hard core stuff.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Apartments,movie theaters,bowling,cars and possibly drive ins.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Maybe this new EP will bring back vehicles, possible weather, apartments, food carts/trucks. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2016

What happens in the city? Um... everything?? I live in a city - have raised my family in one; my particular city ward is one of the densest in my country. Even farming happens here, just on a smaller scale. (There are rooftop apiaries, for honey, right downtown.) Cities are a difference of scale and density, not all work and parties and nothing else. The fact that we already have "partying" (indeed, finally got some nightlife in the base game instead of having to wait for that) means that maybe this city pack can not stereotype cities as a party zone.

@catloverplayer I wouldn't imagine drive-ins in a city pack. You need to drive waaaaay out of a city before you hit land that's still being used for a drive-in. Though in my city you can go to a movie in one of the downtown squares in the summer (they put seats out), and on some commercial-building rooftops, and in some parks.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2016
    TheSimer wrote: »

They only thing we know about the expansion is the brazilian name and you already start to complain...

The "english" name as well. Surprise surprise there is such thing called translation. Also I am pretty sure by the name you can guess the theme and theme doesn't suit me so I can't complain?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    Wow..if people hate this game so much? Please just stop playing it and then stop complaining about it! Life is too short to play a game you don't like! I cannot wait for City Life!

Stop complaining about complainers! Life is too short to keep telling us what to do! I can't wait to see a good expansion pack after spending $200 on the game!

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Apartments,movie theaters,bowling,cars and possibly drive ins.

Ooooh those are actually good.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    edited August 2016
    Let's hope. I don't know why but the name "City Life" and a world similar to Bridgeport screamed more partying.
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    We will see, but I hope this EP will focus more on life in the city, not about partying at night.

But I don't see how they can make this about party again, since we basically have everything in game already. Nightclubs, DJ booth, Dance Floor etc.. so I don't know, they might take a different approach with this thing.

Maybe it's best not to compare it to Nightlife or Late night by the title, since they were focused on Party/Nightlife. ''City Life' or 'Living in the city' sounds more like city during the day, but with EA you NEVER know.

I am not a fan of the theme though, but will see.. maybe it's good. I at least hope for proper S2 style apartments.
  • rmonkeysonrmonkeyson Posts: 22 Member
    Everyone needs to chill out and wait until we find out what this is actually going to be
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    There could be street festivals, kick the can type games for kids, Metro Trans looking portals for teleporting, maybe protests groups, parades are also something I could see in "city life" and of course the ability to pass laws and define the city, including changing public jogging area enhancements and the like as was mentioned in one of their surveys. I mean, quite frankly and honestly, I'm trying to NOT get my hopes to high but also honestly for all the talk of "partying" in the Sims 4 the only parties I ever throw are birthdays. I guess there's other like costume, black and white and so on but I'm usually doing other stuff and don't want to bother with them.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    sims 4 get robbed ?

The Sims 4: Get Some Laxative With That Coffee?!?
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Construction.
    Lots of it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    I'm really hoping it's not party based, we already have WAY too much of that...thanks EA...
    Anyways, what I would want are APARTMENTS. And while I'm at it, maybe pets? So apartment life won't feel lonely? ;) Just hoping :D And if it included apartments, pets, AND toddlers that would be an auto-sale for me and I wouldn't even wait for it to be reduced at least 50% like usual :D I know whatever I'm jabbering about has nothing to do with this thread, but just saying my dream expansion which will never happen because EA and maxis want money (who doesn't, really :D ) would be Pets, Apartments, Seasons, and Toddlers. Again, never going to happen and this is all off-topic but oh well, I've already posted it :D
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    It's refreshing to see openly baseless complaining and over-exaggeration on literally nothing but a name being shown. :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    edited August 2016
    It's refreshing to see openly baseless complaining and over-exaggeration on literally nothing but a name being shown. :D

No need to be sarcastic about me being over-cautious and not getting over-hyped about much stuff before seeing them to prevent disappointment. But thanks man, that was really apprecitaed coming into my thread, joking about me and then leave.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member

No need to be sarcastic about me being over-cautious and nkt getting over-hyped about much stuff before seeing them to prevent disappointment. But thanks man, that was realky apprecitaed coming into the thread, joking about me and leaving.

I agree it's not like they haven't disappointed us before so I'm joining the overly cautious based on the track history oand also expecting the worse
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    No more parties man it's chill time now.

HOPEFULLY!!!

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?