Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phone??

Good Afternoon,

I apologize in advance for the long post but I need help please,

Since the last patched update my sims are able to take selfies but when choosing the option of " Take the photo with" and choosing the sim and actions reset and nothing happens. I also try through the Friendly interaction "Take a picture together" but it also reset.

I believe all the mods that I use are updated and I have already repair the game three times. I also made a copy of my options.ini, tray, saves, and mods to my desktop and proceeded to delete the electronic arts/thesims4 folder. Started a new game/exited and than replaced the new folders with the ones I saved.

I don't know what else to do to fix it.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

Thank you Rosemow, I will give it a try :)
    edited August 2016
    The UI Cheats mod has been broken by the latest patch and is causing issues with the phone.
    There has been an updated version of the mod now released since the patch.If you have that mod in your game, it would be best to remove the old version and download the updated version
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
    @Rosemow

I'm getting a Last Exception but I wouldn't even know where to start or how to read it?

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>357dcdf815daaa0157b9f283</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-08-21 14:44:29</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.22.22.1020-1.200.000.231.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>state.py:1885</categoryid><desyncid>357dcdf815daaa0157b9f283</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (KeyError: Phone_Color_States) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 373, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 652, in do_begin File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 792, in request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 485, in _pre_request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 366, in _get_prop File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 327, in _override_prop_states File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 414, in exported_func File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 1885, in get_state KeyError: Phone_Color_States </desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>357dcdf815daaa0157b9f283</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-08-21 14:44:33</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.22.22.1020-1.200.000.231.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>state.py:1885</categoryid><desyncid>357dcdf815daaa0157b9f283</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (KeyError: Phone_UseType_States) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 373, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 652, in do_begin File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 792, in request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 485, in _pre_request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 366, in _get_prop File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 327, in _override_prop_states File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 414, in exported_func File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 1885, in get_state KeyError: Phone_UseType_States </desyncdata></report>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>357dcdf815daaa0157b9f283</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-08-21 14:44:44</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.22.22.1020-1.200.000.231.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>state.py:1885</categoryid><desyncid>357dcdf815daaa0157b9f283</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (KeyError: Phone_Color_States) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 373, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 652, in do_begin File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 792, in request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 485, in _pre_request File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 366, in _get_prop File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\__init__.py", line 327, in _override_prop_states File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 414, in exported_func File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 1885, in get_state KeyError: Phone_Color_States </desyncdata></report>
    </root>

edited August 2016
    Hello
    When you removed the mods folder and tested the game, was the issue still there?

If it was , try also starting a new save game with random sims and test to see if the same issue occurs in that game.
    edited August 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    When you removed the mods folder and tested the game, was the issue still there?

If it was , try also starting a new save game with random sims and test to see if the same issue occurs in that game.

I just finished finally of trying all the mods one by one and found the culprit.

(HollyRidge_Max_Interactions Mod) as soon as I removed it the ability of taking a picture with another sim went back to normal :)

Thank you so much for your help and time Rosemow :)