Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CEP Installation Help

elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Howdy peeps. Unfortunately, a few weeks back I lost everything on my pc when I had to do a new re-installation. Now... in the past I have had no problems installing TS2UC, or any of the extra bits of software. But this time I just cannot get CEP to install.

I read up on it and it seems that it has trouble installing due to the new set up of the UC and where files are located, so there is a manual installation one available. Trouble is, the instructions for putting all the bits in all of the places are wrong for me - I do not have the folders listed and therefore don't know where to put the bits.

Is anyone able to help please? I am on Windows 7, I installed the game through Origin and it is the Ultimate Collection.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi @elanorbreton

I have only just reinstalled CEP today on UC after a reinstall but thankfully the auto program worked for me if it had not I was going to follow the manual instructions for UC on the link below which is also the download link for CEP. If you have read this already what folders are missing/changed? I have just checked where mine auto installed in my folders and its the following path

To see what needs to be done I have downloaded CEP again as if I am going to add it manually and follow the install instructions to see if my auto install CEP files are in the same place and they are. :)

When you download and unzip the CEP folder there are the following 2 files:

EnableColorOptionsGMND.package

This file must be copied into your Downloads folder (overwriting any older version you might already have in there).
    so I just looked in my own my documents/ the sims 2 ultimate collection/ downloads folder and that package file is there

next file is

EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package

This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).

computer/program files (86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Double Deluxe/Base/TSdata/Res/ Sims3D
    the file needs placing in the Sims3D folder and I can also confirm that file is in the same folder from my auto download

Extras" folder:

Open it and you will find 2 subfolders, "MyDocuments" and "ProgramFiles".

click into the my documents folder and you will see a zCEP-EXTRA file and inside that file the top package file reads
    CEP EXTRA automatic angel lamp so you know you are in the right folder.

copy this ZCEP-EXTRA folder and place it in my document/the sims 2 ultimate collection folder, again I can confirm this is where the auto install put mine.

next the program files folder

you will see another folder names zCEP -EXTRA

the first file so you know you are in the right place is CEP EXTRA 2 storeyOFBcolumn package

copy the zCEP -EXTRA folder and place this in the following

computer/program files (86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Double Deluxe/Base/TSdata/Res/catalog and place the folder in catalog again I can confirm from my auto install those files are in that folder.

Further info for manually installing is the same link as the download, however I have faithfully followed all the manual instructions from this link and the info from downloading the manual CEP files and everything was where it was supposed to be.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541

I hope that can help you in some way as I know from past experience with UC the file paths are not the same as when the disc version of the game was used.

EDIT: just remembered to add I am on windows 7 OS as well..
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @elanorbreton

This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).

computer/program files (86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Double Deluxe/Base/TSdata/Res/ Sims3D
    the file needs placing in the Sims3D folder and I can also confirm that file is in the same folder from my auto download

copy the zCEP -EXTRA folder and place this in the following

computer/program files (86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Double Deluxe/Base/TSdata/Res/catalog and place the folder in catalog again I can confirm from my auto install those files are in that folder.
    Thank you SO much!

You are very kind to have typed all that out, it must have taken a while. The folders I have quoted from your instructions are the ones that were different, as when I opened the notepad instructions it gave C:\PROGRAM FILES\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D and, for the life of me, I couldn't think where else to look!

It all seems to be set up now, I loaded up my game and CEP was listed in the CC start-up thing.

Thanks once again, you're a star <3
    @elanorbreton

You are very welcome I am glad to be of help I know what its like trying to set everything back up :)
    MEH!!!!! More problems! I think CEP is not actually working. I might be wrong but I thought there were a number of colours available for the toilet stall (community one) - and I only have green... should there be more or am I going round the bend?
    @elanorbreton

I have to confess right from the start of playing 2 and downloading CEP the recolor CC I have added to my game sometimes does not show up for reasons I will never know why so I started downloading one set of creator re-colors at a time then testing in game to see if they were there so perhaps remove those and try something else to test..

try something you know worked before and see if that works other than that I am almost positive your manual download of CEP is correct as it was in every folder the same as my auto install download...
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @elanorbreton @SPARKY1922

When you install CEP there will be a box that pops up that lists what items recolors will show up for. Make sure that everything is checked off, because sometimes they are not, especially if whatever recolors you downloaded added a CEP extra to it. (they added the item into CEP and therefore was not there as a default to be checked off automatically) Ya I learned that after much confusion why things were not showing up. I think there is a way to get to that item list through the files, but it has been a while since I tried. I will see if I can figure it out again. Reinstalling also works (no need to uninstall just override) just watch for that box to pop up and scroll down to make sure everything is checked off to show in game.
    @JULES1111

Thanks for that info I never knew that I just used to keep deleting recolors that never worked so if I could find a way to check those boxes without reinstalling I would try but at this point I am not reinstalling anything because almost every time I have it has gone wrong :) Lets not temp fate I keep telling myself-)
    It seems I did not fully install it. Well, I did, but then I uninstalled the game to try and fix my initial crashes which deleted the program folders but kept the game folder. So when I reinstalled it I saw CEP in the game folder but didn't think about the program folder. That's a lot of folders :D

Anyway, I put the bits and pieces back into the program folders and - hey presto - I have my toilet stall colours back.

Thanks for your replies gals (guys?) xx
    @elanorbreton

do you know where i could find that box to check if things are not ticked as I really don't want to reinstall the program and I am not sure where to look..
    @SPARKY1922 The tick box appears when you are installing it with the CEP auto installer... but it never worked for me, I had to do it manually like you described in your first post above.

What did you mean about recolours that don't work? Do you have an example you could tell us about?
    @elanorbreton

It was with @JULES1111 mentioning that some recolors don't show up in game because not enough boxes were ticked on initial install of CEP so I was trying to find a way to possibly be able to tick any of those boxes now its installed as right now I am not prepared to reinstall the program again as I would not be able to bear it if anything goes wrong :)

edited August 2016
    @elanorbreton Glad you got yours figured out. :)

@SPARKY1922 Sorry I was looking in the files and can't find the box. It seems your only option is to reinstall to see if everything is checked off. If you wanted, and I tested this, you could begin the reinstalling process, when the box comes up check it out and see if everything is ticked. If it is..then you can just abort the process, no harm done. If not I guess you will have to decide if it is worth it or not for you. I have reinstalled and overwritten mine myself before, and no harm came from it at all. :)

Edit: Do you have a example of one of the recolors you could not get to work? I would go in and test it in my game if you did.
    @JULES1111

I have not tried anything yet since the reinstall as I am working my way through all my folders trying to arrange them better and get rid of things I don't want anymore however the daunting thought of going through the recolor folder has me running for the hills almost so for now I will start to test one recolor at a time and then if something does not work I may ask you if you mind testing it for me and if it works for you I will know its not checked all the boxes on the install.

I know I sound paranoid re not wanting to download again but I just want to get everything else finished first and not give anything else even a smigen chance to go wrong :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @JULES1111

I have not tried anything yet since the reinstall as I am working my way through all my folders trying to arrange them better and get rid of things I don't want anymore however the daunting thought of going through the recolor folder has me running for the hills almost so for now I will start to test one recolor at a time and then if something does not work I may ask you if you mind testing it for me and if it works for you I will know its not checked all the boxes on the install.

I know I sound paranoid re not wanting to download again but I just want to get everything else finished first and not give anything else even a smigen chance to go wrong :)

That's ok, get things arranged first. I hear ya about the recolors folder! :o Ya if you find something that doesn't work post it I will give it a try. Remember you do not need to uninstall it first if you should choose to try. Override.
  • MissM0582MissM0582 Posts: 1 New Member
    I cannot get certain item recolors to show up. I have installed CEP both automatic and manuel, I followed the instructions. But still the AquaPlus Shower Stall, Toddler Potty, Children's Toy Box, Wabbit Head, and a few others do not show up no matter what I do...it is very frustrating! They always showed up before, but I recently had to do a full factory reset on my laptop and reinstalled the game and all of my CC etc, now no matter what I do these items refuse to show their recolors!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top