Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 is listening to us!

12346...Next

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    d
    There will always be upsets. I know the loading screen being improved is not a game development in any way. I just meant they listened to that specific thing. Nothing big, just something I appreciated, that is all.
    I hope they fix many things, but I also hope that not every thread beats its head against a wall. That doesn't get any of us anywhere. Complaints don't have to stop, or feedback or whatever. People should feel free to voice how they feel. I just think there are different ways to look at the game and the same things don't need to be said in almost every thread.

The Topic is that they're listening to us... In what way would that NOT bring up all the same things of feeling Not being listened to? :)

The beginning of replies was, to me, from people who shared their experience with support and in a kind manner to remind, who some feel might be a young player but I have no idea, to not read too much into anything until Maxis gives more info.

I think it was a fine bunch of replies without any negativity at all. Might want to see the nice people around here, there are So many. :)

Well, I didn't think my post deserved a snide remark about "nice people" I should want to see.... I am sorry I expected more from you than that, I guess. My apologies, as I thought we'd had a nice "sims relationship" for a long time. Very surprised.

Sorry, you miss read me. :)

.... that means it's on another topic than your quote and why it's separate. The :) means it's in a friendly reply to you.

**Fixed it. -cause I was being too lazy today.

Are you saying this is my fault? I am now the one who stirred up the problem above or can you explain what is going on here?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited August 2016
    @jimmysnan wrote: »

Are you saying this is my fault? I am now the one who stirred up the problem above or can you explain what is going on here?

Is that what you read in it? I want to show you how nice I see those comments. I want to share my opinion, my other opinion, with you. Isn't that what you see? People helping them to stay calm and wait for Maxis to share a little more? We really don't want someone to be heart broken if they get their hopes up and then they're crushed. Hope is a very delicate thing, don't you agree?

I see you want everyone to get along, right?
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Well, as for me, I am going to drink some ginger tea when it gets done steeping and leave this thread alone, at least for awhile!

Is that what you read in it? I want to show you how nice I see those comments. I want to share my opinion, my other opinion, with you. Isn't that what you see? People helping them to stay calm and wait for Maxis to share a little more? We really don't want someone to be heart broken if they get their hopes up and then they're crushed. Hope is a very delicate thing, don't you agree?

There seems to be some discussion with another simmer on here, and then you changed your post after the simmer called you on the misunderstanding, but you changed what the other simmer was referring to as being insulting to her, to it being me. I found that hard to understand. I do not understand why it is my fault, and why you would change the post that was insulting to someone else to be insulting to me. Sometimes as I said above you say things that mean something else and they are sometimes hard to understand, if you mean them as a comment or are being other. I do want us to get along but the way the forums have been that is not the case and everyone is sensitive.
    jimmysnan wrote: »

There seems to be some discussion with another simmer on here, and then you changed your post after the simmer called you on the misunderstanding, but you changed what the other simmer was referring to as being insulting to her, to it being me. I found that hard to understand. I do not understand why it is my fault, and why you would change the post that was insulting to someone else to be insulting to me. Sometimes as I said above you say things that mean something else and they are sometimes hard to understand, if you mean them as a comment or are being other. I do want us to get along but the way the forums have been that is not the case and everyone is sensitive.

Oh, la... O.o I didn't' change the text or comment in any way but to add you to it. Please don't try and do that. I've never been intentionally mean to someone here. There's no reason to feel all insulted and to take insult, I only point out the nicer way to view some comments.

Did I change the text of the post, @applefeather2 :(

Oh, la... O.o I didn't' change the text or comment in any way but to add you to it. Please don't try and do that. I've never been intentionally mean to someone here. There's no reason to feel all insulted and to take insult, I only point out the nicer way to view some comments.

Did I change the text of the post, @applefeather2 :(

I do not think you are intentionally mean. Basically what you are saying here is how I felt you were sending the "love" back to me. To it being my fault that the discussion was taken wrong. I had no part in that discussion. I also do not intentionally cause problems on here, so I think for me this is done. Maybe we both misunderstood.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes there is a happy thread. But there are a lot more threads on unhappy players, what needs to be fix, what needs to be added. What can make the game better, etc. So should they be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it?

But, then is it ok that you ignore the people that are happy with the game or put them down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways!

Hmmm, who said I put them down? Please show me. Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something that I haven't. I put no one down. If a person is enjoying this game I'm honestly happy for them! I wouldn't put them down for liking or even loving the game.

I should have phrased that differently. But then it is ok that people are ignored that are happy with the game or are put down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways! I will edit my original post. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

Again, who said ignore the happy players? Did I say that? No. Because I would never suggest that. Don't ignore the happy players, but on the same note, don't ignore the unhappy players either. :) That's all I'm saying.

I know sometimes for those who are enjoying the game to hear what they consider the same old complaints can get tiresome. But then they don't have to come into the topics where players are discussing their dissatisfaction with the game.

And, yes, on both sides of the fence it can get heated. Players who aren't happy feel that players who are happy are dismissive of their feels, and vice versa. But in the end - at least for me - all of us players just want a game that we all came enjoy and play. Am I right?

I do not mean to be argumentative, but I was just rephrasing what you said So they should be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it. I just sent it back to you in the words you used. This thread was about a positive so I came in it turned negative because of posters turning it that way. It did not have to be, the OP just wanted others to share in his/her excitement, not to cut down everything that was said by him/her. He/She even said in answer to my post that he/she did not know what they had done wrong. Have we come that far that we want to make everyone think they are wrong and we are the only ones right (this is not necessarily directed to you, but you seem to think my post was). So take it for what it is worth, this is just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.

I though your post was in response to me since you use my post as a quote in your reply. If it was not directed at me then you should have made that clear. ;) Not that I mind. And there is no argument. But again, OPs post is open to interpretation. Personally I don't feel that EA/Maxis is listening to us, or have been when it comes to this version of the game. It's like they are trying to play damage control because they know they made a goof. But like you have reminded me, OP was looking to share in his/her happiness because they truly believe that EA is listening to the players. And I'm glad that they do have other players who share in that feeling with them!

Not saying they do not have things that need to be worked on, but, it just seems in my opinion that every time there is a positive thread, there are others who just come in and say why that person should not be positive. Just seems there is no support for the other person. No support for their feelings, unless those feelings are negative then there is a whole bunch of people who jump in. Once the post turned into what it is now, then there were more posts that got worse, and even the OP felt that he/she had done something wrong. I felt really bad that it had to feel that way. This could be a new simmer, who has not played the other games. Could be a young simmer wanting some feedback on a game he/she enjoys.

You could be talking to anyone, you do not know the circumstances, just like you the assumption was that I was somehow being negative to you, I was just pointing out that things could be reversed and that it goes both ways. How things are written does not necessarily mean that they are what is meant by the post, instead of jumping to conclusions that, I came into the topic looking for an argument. (see I could have taken it that way but did not). The part that I am referring to is "Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something that I haven't. I put no one down."

I simply pointed out that the opinions can go both ways, and they often do, but you came after me with that I made accusations, and I agreed that my post could have been posted differently, I fixed it. I was just giving back what came. I was supporting the OP who I think just could not contain their excitement over something in their game and wanted to share it.

I think they were scared away they have not come back!

But you still put words in my mouth, because again, I did not put anyone down for sharing their opinion. But like I said earlier, the title of the topic could be interpreted either way. Because EA/Maxis is not listening. And circumstances or not, everyone has the right to express how they feel. And regardless of the topic title, anyone else can post if they agree or not with the OP. So again, where's the problem? When you come on social media you run the risk of finding supporters and those who don't share your view. This is an open forum, and many thoughts will be shared, have been shared, and will continue to be shared, no matter how the OP opened or started the conversation.

Stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. - Then again, I could have misunderstood your words.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *applefeather is drinking tea That is all. Please see her secretary if you are bringing munchies!*
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Well, as for me, I am going to drink some ginger tea when it gets done steeping and leave this thread alone, at least for awhile!

Mmm, ginger tea!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Yes there is a happy thread. But there are a lot more threads on unhappy players, what needs to be fix, what needs to be added. What can make the game better, etc. So should they be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it?

But, then is it ok that you ignore the people that are happy with the game or put them down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways!

Hmmm, who said I put them down? Please show me. Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something that I haven't. I put no one down. If a person is enjoying this game I'm honestly happy for them! I wouldn't put them down for liking or even loving the game.

I should have phrased that differently. But then it is ok that people are ignored that are happy with the game or are put down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways! I will edit my original post. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

Again, who said ignore the happy players? Did I say that? No. Because I would never suggest that. Don't ignore the happy players, but on the same note, don't ignore the unhappy players either. :) That's all I'm saying.

I know sometimes for those who are enjoying the game to hear what they consider the same old complaints can get tiresome. But then they don't have to come into the topics where players are discussing their dissatisfaction with the game.

And, yes, on both sides of the fence it can get heated. Players who aren't happy feel that players who are happy are dismissive of their feels, and vice versa. But in the end - at least for me - all of us players just want a game that we all came enjoy and play. Am I right?

I do not mean to be argumentative, but I was just rephrasing what you said So they should be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it. I just sent it back to you in the words you used. This thread was about a positive so I came in it turned negative because of posters turning it that way. It did not have to be, the OP just wanted others to share in his/her excitement, not to cut down everything that was said by him/her. He/She even said in answer to my post that he/she did not know what they had done wrong. Have we come that far that we want to make everyone think they are wrong and we are the only ones right (this is not necessarily directed to you, but you seem to think my post was). So take it for what it is worth, this is just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.

I though your post was in response to me since you use my post as a quote in your reply. If it was not directed at me then you should have made that clear. ;) Not that I mind. And there is no argument. But again, OPs post is open to interpretation. Personally I don't feel that EA/Maxis is listening to us, or have been when it comes to this version of the game. It's like they are trying to play damage control because they know they made a goof. But like you have reminded me, OP was looking to share in his/her happiness because they truly believe that EA is listening to the players. And I'm glad that they do have other players who share in that feeling with them!

Not saying they do not have things that need to be worked on, but, it just seems in my opinion that every time there is a positive thread, there are others who just come in and say why that person should not be positive. Just seems there is no support for the other person. No support for their feelings, unless those feelings are negative then there is a whole bunch of people who jump in. Once the post turned into what it is now, then there were more posts that got worse, and even the OP felt that he/she had done something wrong. I felt really bad that it had to feel that way. This could be a new simmer, who has not played the other games. Could be a young simmer wanting some feedback on a game he/she enjoys.

You could be talking to anyone, you do not know the circumstances, just like you the assumption was that I was somehow being negative to you, I was just pointing out that things could be reversed and that it goes both ways. How things are written does not necessarily mean that they are what is meant by the post, instead of jumping to conclusions that, I came into the topic looking for an argument. (see I could have taken it that way but did not). The part that I am referring to is "Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something that I haven't. I put no one down."

I simply pointed out that the opinions can go both ways, and they often do, but you came after me with that I made accusations, and I agreed that my post could have been posted differently, I fixed it. I was just giving back what came. I was supporting the OP who I think just could not contain their excitement over something in their game and wanted to share it.

I think they were scared away they have not come back!

But you still put words in my mouth, because again, I did not put anyone down for sharing their opinion. But like I said earlier, the title of the topic could be interpreted either way. Because EA/Maxis is not listening. And circumstances or not, everyone has the right to express how they feel. And regardless of the topic title, anyone else can post if they agree or not with the OP. So again, where's the problem? When you come on social media you run the risk of finding supporters and those who don't share your view. This is an open forum, and many thoughts will be shared, have been shared, and will continue to be shared, no matter how the OP opened or started the conversation.

Stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. - Then again, I could have misunderstood your words.

I have stopped at the bottom of the mountain. I am done.
    edited August 2016
    *applefeather is drinking tea That is all. Please see her secretary if you are bringing munchies!*

Is she okay with Store bought, Secretary person? :blush:
    2343851_orig.jpg

Is she okay with Store bought, Secretary person? :blush:
    2343851_orig.jpg

I would be you are making me hungry. Cookies are my weakness.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    simgame wrote: »
    "They've listened to us"? Just because you wanted something does mean anyone else does.
    What about toddlers or generations what everyone has been asking for?
    giphy.gif
    They said they are talking everyday about toddlers what means that they are not ignoring it. And there are a lot of simmers including me that said that they wanted an expansion pack. And a lot of builders wanted this as well. So it doesn't mean that you wanted something else that everybody wanted that

Where did you hear that then?

It's been all over the forum - where you been?

I for one do not take that as a good thing. Talking about what every day? Can't be toddlers because they still don't have an answer. Are they coming? Are they not? Are they even on the table at all? Are they testing the idea? We'll never know at this rate.

Pfft.

--T

Well, they could be talking about toddlers every day, they could be saying stuff like; did you get a load of these idiots who keep asking for something that we have been refusing to answer, hee hee, and stuff like; I know, you would think by now they would have moved on, I mean isn't it obvious and then maybe something like; yeah we'll give you toddlers, when hell freezes over, hey why don't you sticky a thread and let's see if we can keep them busy with their pipe dreams!
    I hope that's not what they are talking about but............could be........
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    simgame wrote: »
    "They've listened to us"? Just because you wanted something does mean anyone else does.
    What about toddlers or generations what everyone has been asking for?
    giphy.gif
    They said they are talking everyday about toddlers what means that they are not ignoring it. And there are a lot of simmers including me that said that they wanted an expansion pack. And a lot of builders wanted this as well. So it doesn't mean that you wanted something else that everybody wanted that

Where did you hear that then?

It's been all over the forum - where you been?

I for one do not take that as a good thing. Talking about what every day? Can't be toddlers because they still don't have an answer. Are they coming? Are they not? Are they even on the table at all? Are they testing the idea? We'll never know at this rate.

Pfft.

--T

Well, they could be talking about toddlers every day, they could be saying stuff like; did you get a load of these plum who keep asking for something that we have been refusing to answer, hee hee, and stuff like; I know, you would think by now they would have moved on, I mean isn't it obvious and then maybe something like; yeah we'll give you toddlers, when plum freezes over, hey why don't you sticky a thread and let's see if we can keep them busy with their pipe dreams!
    I hope that's not what they are talking about but............could be........

I was thinking the same thing, that they're just talking about how much they wish we'd shut up.