Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 is listening to us!

Comments

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Having a game that just runs without any real good features just do not sit well with me. It is like taking BF series and saying here is your game without the weapons but it runs very well. Sims 4 just lacks in areas that it shouldn't be lacking in. Why sit around and wait for EA/Maxis to create neighborhoods and seeing how far and between one is made, The lots are static and the neighborhoods are small but it runs. The game even if it supposedly sold 5 million did not even make PC Gamer's top 100 or GI top 50 game list ( maybe EA/Maxis forgot to send the memo.). I can talk positively and I can also talk negatively about Sims 4 and my comments can go back and forth as needed. The reason for so much division EA/Maxis opened a box and then closed it but they knew there was going to be flack over that because some people do not forget. Sims 4 concept is not bad, it just was not addressed correctly.

I find some good and bad features with all the sims games. I enjoy this one because I can play it. I can play sims 2 and sims 4 so why would I not like the game? That could be the reason others like it also. It is just like life, nothing is assured, nothing is perfect, it just is and you can choose to enjoy what you have or you can choose to not enjoy it. That is your choice.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Having a game that just runs without any real good features just do not sit well with me. It is like taking BF series and saying here is your game without the weapons but it runs very well. Sims 4 just lacks in areas that it shouldn't be lacking in. Why sit around and wait for EA/Maxis to create neighborhoods and seeing how far and between one is made, The lots are static and the neighborhoods are small but it runs. The game even if it supposedly sold 5 million did not even make PC Gamer's top 100 or GI top 50 game list ( maybe EA/Maxis forgot to send the memo.). I can talk positively and I can also talk negatively about Sims 4 and my comments can go back and forth as needed. The reason for so much division EA/Maxis opened a box and then closed it but they knew there was going to be flack over that because some people do not forget. Sims 4 concept is not bad, it just was not addressed correctly.

I find some good and bad features with all the sims games. I enjoy this one because I can play it. I can play sims 2 and sims 4 so why would I not like the game? That could be the reason others like it also. It is just like life, nothing is assured, nothing is perfect, it just is and you can choose to enjoy what you have or you can choose to not enjoy it. That is your choice.
    But is not just about you or me it is about other simmers, it fine you enjoy your game but that doesn't necessarily mean others feel the same. The negatively surrounding Sims 4 is not going to necessarily end. Finding bad or good features is subjective and all games have good and not so good points however if there are features or points that can make the game more enjoyable than to me I am with it. A lot of people brought this game for various reasons as you did with Sims 3 and you found it to be trash well the same here for others who feel Sims 4 is trash and it does go both ways.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    People who are happy with the game, don't post, they don't feel the need to. Just because there may seem like more are unhappy because they are vocal, doesn't mean they are the majority.
    Goes both ways.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

But is not just about you or me it is about other simmers, it fine you enjoy your game but that doesn't necessarily mean others feel the same. The negatively surrounding Sims 4 is not going to necessarily end. Finding bad or good features is subjective and all games have good and not so good points however if there are features or points that can make the game more enjoyable than to me I am with it. A lot of people brought this game for various reasons as you did with Sims 3 and you found it to be trash well the same here for others who feel Sims 4 is trash and it does go both ways.

I agree it goes both ways. I think you are referring to my other post where I said the sims 3 was trash, it is trash to me as it does not play. Maybe they will learn how to address it correctly in future expansions etc. I play for enjoyment, it is not my life. I now play to get through the effects of radiation and chemo, so as long as I can forget about the treatments, then I am happy with whatever, I do not need the frustration of not being able to play the game. I know the game needs work, but I am willing to wait and see what the game develops into, it may take longer than the other games to reach it's potential, and it may never, who knows, I am just living in the moment.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited August 2016
    People who are happy with the game, don't post, they don't feel the need to. Just because there may seem like more are unhappy because they are vocal, doesn't mean they are the majority.

Possibly.... or it could be a mixed bag. But for me, I feel more are displeased than pleased. *again my opinion, not a fact*
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    heres to the sims 4 edd50860b71a57dbc6c4ed6a3d3fa739_zpsywwq9ccq.jpg

Cute picture ;)

It is true though, TS4 is still here hanging on. We do not know how long for but it will be around for a while yet.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Yes there is a happy thread. But there are a lot more threads on unhappy players, what needs to be fix, what needs to be added. What can make the game better, etc. So should they be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it?

But, then is it ok that you ignore the people that are happy with the game or put them down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways!

Hmmm, who said I put them down? Please show me. Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something that I haven't. I put no one down. If a person is enjoying this game I'm honestly happy for them! I wouldn't put them down for liking or even loving the game.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

edited August 2016
    Yes there is a happy thread. But there are a lot more threads on unhappy players, what needs to be fix, what needs to be added. What can make the game better, etc. So should they be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it?

But, then is it ok that you ignore the people that are happy with the game or put them down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways!

Hmmm, who said I put them down? Please show me. Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something that I haven't. I put no one down. If a person is enjoying this game I'm honestly happy for them! I wouldn't put them down for liking or even loving the game.

I should have phrased that differently. But then it is ok that people are ignored that are happy with the game or are put down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways! I will edit my original post. Thanks for calling it to my attention.
    edited August 2016

I agree it goes both ways. I think you are referring to my other post where I said the sims 3 was trash, it is trash to me as it does not play. Maybe they will learn how to address it correctly in future expansions etc. I play for enjoyment, it is not my life. I now play to get through the effects of radiation and chemo, so as long as I can forget about the treatments, then I am happy with whatever, I do not need the frustration of not being able to play the game. I know the game needs work, but I am willing to wait and see what the game develops into, it may take longer than the other games to reach it's potential, and it may never, who knows, I am just living in the moment.
    I partly blame the dev for some of the woes some players have because EA/Maxis does not tweak the game as they should. I feel for you that you could not enjoy Sims 3 even with what you had but to me cutting features and regressing is not the path to take because with the proper handling Sims 4 could be so much more.

I should have phrased that differently. But then it is ok that people are ignored that are happy with the game or are put down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways! I will edit my original post. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

Again, who said ignore the happy players? Did I say that? No. Because I would never suggest that. Don't ignore the happy players, but on the same note, don't ignore the unhappy players either. :) That's all I'm saying.

I know sometimes for those who are enjoying the game to hear what they consider the same old complaints can get tiresome. But then they don't have to come into the topics where players are discussing their dissatisfaction with the game.

And, yes, on both sides of the fence it can get heated. Players who aren't happy feel that players who are happy are dismissive of their feels, and vice versa. But in the end - at least for me - all of us players just want a game that we all came enjoy and play. Am I right?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I partly blame the dev for some of the woes some players have because EA/Maxis does not tweak the game as you they should. I feel for you that you could not enjoy Sims 3 even with what you had but to me cutting features and regressing is not the path to take because with the proper handling Sims 4 could be so much more.

Good points.

I did not agree with a few of the shortcuts made as it was a step backwards. Personally I think that they should have delayed the game for another year so it could be tweaked a bit more.

However they do seem to be taking more time with the EPs now so maybe they are at least taking into account that a rushed game never makes a good game...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I have it on good authority that I should tell you this. :wink: (Trust me, she's a winner.)
    I do know they listen. Whenever I load the game I see the nice, lovely, thankyouverymuch grey plumbobs they added. I griped that it was killing my eyes to see the stark white screen.
    NOW, small though it may be to some, every time Sims 4 loads it tells me they listened to my cry of woe and turned down the in-my-face white painfulness.

Again, who said ignore the happy players? Did I say that? No. Because I would never suggest that. Don't ignore the happy players, but on the same note, don't ignore the unhappy players either. :) That's all I'm saying.

I know sometimes for those who are enjoying the game to hear what they consider the same old complaints can get tiresome. But then they don't have to come into the topics where players are discussing their dissatisfaction with the game.

And, yes, on both sides of the fence it can get heated. Players who aren't happy feel that players who are happy are dismissive of their feels, and vice versa. But in the end - at least for me - all of us players just want a game that we all came enjoy and play. Am I right?

I do not mean to be argumentative, but I was just rephrasing what you said So they should be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it. I just sent it back to you in the words you used. This thread was about a positive so I came in it turned negative because of posters turning it that way. It did not have to be, the OP just wanted others to share in his/her excitement, not to cut down everything that was said by him/her. He/She even said in answer to my post that he/she did not know what they had done wrong. Have we come that far that we want to make everyone think they are wrong and we are the only ones right (this is not necessarily directed to you, but you seem to think my post was). So take it for what it is worth, this is just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Goes both ways.

Conversely, many who are disappointed, don't even bother. Some of us, (like myself) feel by being vocal we can make sure that our voices are heard. most of those voices are Simmers of 15 years I think.
    edited August 2016

I partly blame the dev for some of the woes some players have because EA/Maxis does not tweak the game as you they should. I feel for you that you could not enjoy Sims 3 even with what you had but to me cutting features and regressing is not the path to take because with the proper handling Sims 4 could be so much more.

Good points.

I did not agree with a few of the shortcuts made as it was a step backwards. Personally I think that they should have delayed the game for another year so it could be tweaked a bit more.

However they do seem to be taking more time with the EPs now so maybe they are at least taking into account that a rushed game never makes a good game...
    I am not up in arms over the long time for an EP because as EA/Maxis said the way things worked for the previous version has now changed. I believe most are just wanting to know that with this long period that when the EP does rear it's head it was worth wait. I can wait being there are other games being released and when they release them have changed too(other dev's).

I do not mean to be argumentative, but I was just rephrasing what you said So they should be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it. I just sent it back to you in the words you used. This thread was about a positive so I came in it turned negative because of posters turning it that way. It did not have to be, the OP just wanted others to share in his/her excitement, not to cut down everything that was said by him/her. He/She even said in answer to my post that he/she did not know what they had done wrong. Have we come that far that we want to make everyone think they are wrong and we are the only ones right (this is not necessarily directed to you, but you seem to think my post was). So take it for what it is worth, this is just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.

I though your post was in response to me since you use my post as a quote in your reply. If it was not directed at me then you should have made that clear. ;) Not that I mind. And there is no argument. But again, OPs post is open to interpretation. Personally I don't feel that EA/Maxis is listening to us, or have been when it comes to this version of the game. It's like they are trying to play damage control because they know they made a goof. But like you have reminded me, OP was looking to share in his/her happiness because they truly believe that EA is listening to the players. And I'm glad that they do have other players who share in that feeling with them!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I ask myself sometimes if this game/ the world in the game is so small because of all the low end computers smh...

Considering we have loading screens and TS2 had bigger worlds that could be edited with less culling....not so sure.

Agreed. There are times I wonder if it has less to do with "low end computers" and much more to do with the possibility that the foundation isn't as strong as they claimed Summer 2014.
    I have it on good authority that I should tell you this. :wink: (Trust me, she's a winner.)
    I do know they listen. Whenever I load the game I see the nice, lovely, thankyouverymuch grey plumbobs they added. I griped that it was killing my eyes to see the stark white screen.
    NOW, small though it may be to some, every time Sims 4 loads it tells me they listened to my cry of woe and turned down the in-my-face white painfulness.

This is I think what the OP was hoping for, some good positive vibes that he/she could go on feeling great about their game. They listen.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2016

This is I think what the OP was hoping for, some good positive vibes that he/she could go on feeling great about their game. They listen.

Isn't that what Every reply or comment or sad feedback in the beginning whats? Something from Maxis to know they are listening?

I know there will be no CASt, I know there will be no CAW (pretty positive about it), I know the worlds will always be closed... so when' a little sun gonna shine on me?

And please, don't say I'm a hater, don't say I only give negative remarks,... am* I not hoping for some Positive Vibes from Maxis so I can go on feeling a little great about the game?

They can Listen, They hear... but can they deliver a game for Almost Everyone?

Listening doesn't mean doing. Changing a small screen in no way makes the game great, it does make the Intro better for a few. Woot! for them- in all truth. :)
    edited August 2016

I though your post was in response to me since you use my post as a quote in your reply. If it was not directed at me then you should have made that clear. ;) Not that I mind. And there is no argument. But again, OPs post is open to interpretation. Personally I don't feel that EA/Maxis is listening to us, or have been when it comes to this version of the game. It's like they are trying to play damage control because they know they made a goof. But like you have reminded me, OP was looking to share in his/her happiness because they truly believe that EA is listening to the players. And I'm glad that they do have other players who share in that feeling with them!

Not saying they do not have things that need to be worked on, but, it just seems in my opinion that every time there is a positive thread, there are others who just come in and say why that person should not be positive. Just seems there is no support for the other person. No support for their feelings, unless those feelings are negative then there is a whole bunch of people who jump in. Once the post turned into what it is now, then there were more posts that got worse, and even the OP felt that he/she had done something wrong. I felt really bad that it had to feel that way. This could be a new simmer, who has not played the other games. Could be a young simmer wanting some feedback on a game he/she enjoys.

You could be talking to anyone, you do not know the circumstances, just like you the assumption was that I was somehow being negative to you, I was just pointing out that things could be reversed and that it goes both ways. How things are written does not necessarily mean that they are what is meant by the post, instead of jumping to conclusions that, I came into the topic looking for an argument. (see I could have taken it that way but did not). The part that I am referring to is "Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of doing something that I haven't. I put no one down."

I simply pointed out that the opinions can go both ways, and they often do, but you came after me with that I made accusations, and I agreed that my post could have been posted differently, I fixed it. I was just giving back what came. I was supporting the OP who I think just could not contain their excitement over something in their game and wanted to share it.

I think they were scared away they have not come back!
    edited August 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Isn't that what Every reply or comment or sad feedback in the beginning whats? Something from Maxis to know they are listening?

I know there will be no CASt, I know there will be no CAW (pretty positive about it), I know the worlds will always be closed... so when' a little sun gonna shine on me?

And please, don't say I'm a hater, don't say I only give negative remarks,... am* I not hoping for some Positive Vibes from Maxis so I can go on feeling a little great about the game?

They can Listen, They hear... but can they deliver a game for Almost Everyone?

Listening doesn't mean doing. Changing a small screen in no way makes the game great, it does make the Intro better for a few. Woot! for them- in all truth. :)

I agree they can't deliver a game that will please everyone. but if you look back the poster was upset he/she thought he had done something wrong. We can disagree like you have above without thinking that others are against us. I have never said you were a hater or gave negative remarks, I have always felt that you give good positive feedback when it is warranted and when it's not you give good feedback as to why it is not, and you also give funny snarky barbs occasionally, which I find quite amusing. Even if sometimes they are directed at me! I feel we have to be able to laugh at ourselves.

I am sad there will be no CAW you are one great World creator, and they did not have routing issues like the other game worlds.

You want to feel a little great about the game, so did the OP and what happened? The poor poster felt he/she had done something wrong for posting. I just wanted them to continue to enjoy their moment, without so much to make them feel bad they posted. I do not understand why it has to be this way. Was it like this in the sims 3 forums. I only remember the forum being awful during the Sensert times, I did not find it awful before that or after, everyone seemed to want to help each other. Maybe I was in the wrong topics, LOL!
    There will always be upsets. I know the loading screen being improved is not a game development in any way. I just meant they listened to that specific thing. Nothing big, just something I appreciated, that is all.
    I hope they fix many things, but I also hope that not every thread beats its head against a wall. That doesn't get any of us anywhere. Complaints don't have to stop, or feedback or whatever. People should feel free to voice how they feel. I just think there are different ways to look at the game and the same things don't need to be said in almost every thread.
    edited August 2016
    d
    There will always be upsets. I know the loading screen being improved is not a game development in any way. I just meant they listened to that specific thing. Nothing big, just something I appreciated, that is all.
    I hope they fix many things, but I also hope that not every thread beats its head against a wall. That doesn't get any of us anywhere. Complaints don't have to stop, or feedback or whatever. People should feel free to voice how they feel. I just think there are different ways to look at the game and the same things don't need to be said in almost every thread.

The Topic is that they're listening to us... In what way would that NOT bring up all the same things of feeling Not being listened to? :)

@jimmysnan
    The beginning of replies was, to me, from people who shared their experience with support and in a kind manner to remind, who some feel might be a young player but I have no idea, to not read too much into anything until Maxis gives more info.

I think it was a fine bunch of replies without any negativity at all. Might want to see the nice people around here, there are So many. :)
    d

The Topic is that they're listening to us... In what way would that NOT bring up all the same things of feeling Not being listened to? :)

The beginning of replies was, to me, from people who shared their experience with support and in a kind manner to remind, who some feel might be a young player but I have no idea, to not read too much into anything until Maxis gives more info.

I think it was a fine bunch of replies without any negativity at all. Might want to see the nice people around here, there are So many. :)

Well, I didn't think my post deserved a snide remark about "nice people" I should want to see.... I am sorry I expected more from you than that, I guess. My apologies, as I thought we'd had a nice "sims relationship" for a long time. Very surprised.
    edited August 2016
    d

Well, I didn't think my post deserved a snide remark about "nice people" I should want to see.... I am sorry I expected more from you than that, I guess. My apologies, as I thought we'd had a nice "sims relationship" for a long time. Very surprised.

Sorry, you miss read me. :)

.... that means it's on another topic than your quote and why it's separate. The :) means it's in a friendly reply to you.

**Fixed it. -cause I was being too lazy today.