Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is Your Favorite Life State/Creature From The Sims 3?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @GITTE2001 Love your pictures :smile:

A vampire and mermaid hybrid? Not seen that before! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I love all lifestates, but genies are my favourite. They were especially designed for lazy me (and I love how they can take over a townie for 4 sim hours). I love that they are what they are. You don't have to teach them anything, they are born to rule. Also they are amazingly bugless.
    My favourite genie.

Silas_395_zpsea238cdd.png

He's an old man now.

Cameron_0028_zpsuuayws87.png

Second come witches.

Eacuteowyn_463b_zps75814148.jpg

Teaching his great-grandson the tricks of the trade.

Raven_1017_zps0604270f.png
    you praise Genies so often, if they are just half as good, they could become one of my TS3 favourites :smiley:

what i've read now about Genies <<< makes them really useful to clean the city from lots of unwanted things without using cheats & mods

The campus was a piece of cake with my genie student. He got rid of all the laundry and dirty dishes in one move of his hands. And the meals they 'cook'! And indeed, they never change a diaper in their life B) I must say that playing humans after five generations of supernaturals is fun too.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I think it will take some time before I play a mermaid, it's somewhere on the bottom of my to do list. :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2016
    jillbg wrote: »
    I think it will take some time before I play a mermaid, it's somewhere on the bottom of my to do list. :s
    I played a mermaid once, she ended up dying on me from drying out or something like that (even though she lived on a boat house in the middle of the sea). I'm thinking it might have been a very lethal glitch, because she was getting that negative moodlet while she was under the sea on one of those diving spots.
  • Options
    Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    I love having mermaids, but only really get around to it while playing in Isla Paradiso. That, however is unfourtunate since they have to swim everywhere and it takes forever to get places
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • Options
    I'd love to recommend this beautiful mermaid island by the way, Lair of the Sea Witch.

Cameron_0074_zpsbfbcymup.png

Screenshot-579_zpsbhqjr3yr.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I quite like mermaids but like someone else said, they only ever get played in my game if I'm in Isla Paradiso.
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    I play humans the most. But I do like witches and fairies, though.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @JoAnne65 , I must ask how you get your Genie's to look "normal"
    I've attempted to make several in CAS but they're always blue, and changing their skintone to anything else gives them a washed out , ashy looking skin shade.
    As such, I never played with one. Because I didn't want it to be limited to being blue.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 , I must ask how you get your Genie's to look "normal"
    I've attempted to make several in CAS but they're always blue, and changing their skintone to anything else gives them a washed out , ashy looking skin shade.
    As such, I never played with one. Because I didn't want it to be limited to being blue.

I'm not Jo-Anne but I have lots of experience with genies: that 'ashy' look is only in CAS. In the game they look perfectly normal.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ahh, awesome, thanks Gitte.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Yes, like Gitte says. I have no idea why it is like that in CAS, because it's quite confusing for people who create them there (mine are born in game).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    050840050840 Posts: 55 Member
    edited April 2019
    I like to play a big household and have many life states in it.

Tier S(Impressive ability with almost no disadvantage)
    - Witch (A lot of useful magic such as mood and motives buff/station,resurrection, repair and fix everything in lot,upgrade items,create apple, turn cheap collectible to valuable )
    - Fairy (Magic may buff mood,speed up learning)
    - Genie (create food, clean lot,curse cure,special but limit in appearance)
    - Alien (May do gem and metal collection anywhere with UFO,May make cheap gem or metal more valuable,meteor ability,never die while repairing an electrical object, look ugly )

Tier A (Useful life state with small disadvantage)
    - PlantSim (Not as op as sims 2 but still a great gardener, need to throw her into water frequently to prevent her dying)
    - Plumbot (It's great when it has good chips,never die in repairing. Only need a power station and regular maintenance.)
    - Vampire (Fast learner, may walk in sunshine after buying the lifetime reward, need to prepare Plasma fruit by buying/gardening)
    -Unicorn (Bless, teleport, bring u money in competition, may turn useful fruit into life fruit if u dun fence it, Motives drop really fast,need bigger lot)

Tier B(Normal)
    - Human (Nothing special)
    - Imaginary Friend (Have not try this as I hate to rise children after doing it in earlier version in sims 3,I guess it help to keep the child happy but cost u nothing?)
    - Cat ( They bring collectible like insect or fish automatically, not expensive to keep, can't swim.Motives drop really fast.Takes time to interact or give order.Better have a pet park near ur lot to reduce some effort.)
    - Dog (similar to cat,can swim, bring gem,bones, metal rather than living things)
    - Horse (Not as good as Unicorn as it can't cast magic.)
    - SimBot (Worse than a fully upgraded Plumbot. never die while repairing an electrical object,never on fire but they can't swim. making it a home boy in Island paradise and adventure)

Tier C( Below average)
    - Mummy (Great writer/artist as they dun sleep or pee, put him near a hot tub.Feed him and social him in hot tub when he need and he can work all day, but he can't go to work or adventure with his speed and inflammable property,family members may keep watching it and ignore ur command )

Tier D(bad)
    - Mermaid (May do teleport, can swim all day, do not need any dive training,sport skill may increase easily as she swim all day,may fishing in water and eat it fresh. Easy to dry,easy to die. If u forget to give command for a period, the grim may visit. My mermaid keep the record of dying in my home. Need to buy her a Hot tub ,swimming pool or lake if u dun live near beach.)

Tier E(I dun use)
    - Werewolf (Good collector but may ruin ur lot or city which costed u time and heart, rather keep pets.)
    - Ghost (Some of the family members keep screaming on them frequently, making the sims uncontrollable, making them late for work/to school, die as they dun recover their motives, annoying neighbor do not leave........ )
    - Zombie(Um.....)

Post edited by 050840 on
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey that's a really well thought out post, but please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2016, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top