Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is Your Favorite Life State/Creature From The Sims 3?

Out of all of the permanent life states from The Sims 3 and its expansion packs, which one(s) do you use the most? Which one(s) do you have yet to explore? Which one(s) can be the most underwhelming? Which one(s) do you consider your favorite?

Here is a list of all of them:
- Human (Base game)
- Ghost (Base Game/Supernatural)
- Mummy (World Adventures)
- SimBot (Ambitions)
- Vampire (Late Night/Supernatural)
- Imaginary Friend (Generations)
- Cat (Pets)
- Dog (Pets)
- Horse (Pets)
- Unicorn (Pets)
- Genie (Showtime)
- Fairy (Supernatural)
- Werewolf (Supernatural)
- Witch (Supernatural)
- Alien (Seasons)
- PlantSim (University Life)
- Mermaid (Island Paradise)
- Plumbot (Into the Future)

I love all of them for different reasons, but I think my favorite life state has to be either the Alien or the Plumbot!

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love all the supernaturals, except mermaid. I tried one... kind of. Once. It was somewhat boring. And unicorns. Don't like them either.
    Not played a genie much though they seem okay.

I surprised myself after moaning about how childish fairies were when SN was announced - I played one once, and now I really like them! They have some very useful abilities.
    I love my witches and werewolves though.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited August 2016
    Human. My game is rigidly realistic, as much as I can make it. That's what appeals to me. I honestly tried to play with supernaturals, but I just don't like that style of play. Humans and pets. Things that exist in real life. There's no way I've found to get rid of ghosts or aliens, so I just tend to ignore them. I did get a mod for no alien abductions, which makes that easier.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    I love all of them it's too hard to choose! I haven't played with all of them that much though. The ones that stick out to me as favorites would be: Ghost, I love the different colors depending on how they died, Vampire, Cat (I'm a cat person but I love all animals!), Fairy, Witch, Alien, Plantsim, Mermaid....
    Ok that's way too many favorites, I can't choose! <3 I love them all for different reasons as well. :) I love having Supernaturals in my game and un-realistic things. Of course I also love having my Sims earn money, have a family, do laundry...so I love the realistic side as well.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I use aliens the most, but really enjoyed fairies and witches in the past.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My avatar image aside, I have to go with Fairies. :D

xixcp6I.jpg
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    My most used is the witch, but that said I couldn't live without all of them. All, I want it all...lol
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Human toddler.

You don't see those much in TS4.
  • GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    Mermaids
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    I am always playing with witches. The summoned apples are so practical to save them from starvation :)
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I don't really like playing supernaturals much. I bought the ep mostly for the furniture and world. I LOVE that style of furniture. I guess if I had to pick a supernatural i'd pick a fairy. I've never played a werewolf because they are so ugly to me. Sorry or people who like them!

I would probably just pick human. LOL i'm boring I guess.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I like the realistic aspect of my games so I don't ever play with supernaturals. I should though. Witches look like fun to me! I play with pets sometimes but they get a bit boring. So lol... human it is :tongue:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I can't decide. I play humans most but I currently have a household of witches plus a blue skinned bejewelled fairy genie hybrid who will soon also be a witch. One of my witches has 5 babies or toddlers. They are alien witch hybrid plus 3 witches and a plant sim. I'm planning for him to have another baby that is a witch fairy genie hybrid.

I do however always make a point of avoiding to have vampires in my games. So I could say my least favourite life state in the game is vampire
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I love the supernaturals. I cannot pick a favorite as they all have something that makes them special so I usually have several varieties in my game at one time and use Nraas to have hybrids. My current sim family is two humans though. I do like playing normal sometimes. :) But, I want the choice in my games.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I don't play supernaturals much but when I do its usually a male vampire and female fairy

The vampire because I have some awesome mods that make them fun to play and the fairy well fairies are just cute and awesome lol

The mod I use allows vampires to feed without rejection or killing or feed and kill. My vamp can also completely mind control a sim for a specified amount of time during which I usually direct the mind controlled sim to behave outrageously in public until the mind control wears off and they run away :) Also able to mind control multiple sims at once so I usually do this somewhere like Waylons haunt as its so funny to watch sims running around with no control over themselves :)

• GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I don't play supernaturals much but when I do its usually a male vampire and female fairy

The vampire because I have some awesome mods that make them fun to play and the fairy well fairies are just cute and awesome lol

The mod I use allows vampires to feed without rejection or killing or feed and kill. My vamp can also completely mind control a sim for a specified amount of time during which I usually direct the mind controlled sim to behave outrageously in public until the mind control wears off and they run away :) Also able to mind control multiple sims at once so I usually do this somewhere like Waylons haunt as its so funny to watch sims running around with no control over themselves :)

Which mod?
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Humans. I only play with them, but I still want to explore the horses. And of course my sims have cats and dogs, but I really don't play as them. I just let them do their own thing.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I love the unrealistic side of the game and I've played them all. However I must be a traditionalist because I favor the classics....supernaturals like vamps, ghosts,witches and mummies. I've never been too fond of the bots and life states like fairies,mermaids or unicorns.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2016
    I love the witches best. :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

Which mod?

I'm also interested in the vampire mod since that is probably my favorite occult life state, since I've played it the most. :)

I generally play humans. When I play with horses I also usually play with unicorns, but not always. I've played a game with ghosts (Emily and the Ghost) and a werewolf (Girl who Cried Wolf) and had a sim get abducted by aliens, once. I got a mod to eliminate all aliens from my game, so no more. I plan to try genies, fairies and witches and maybe mermaids, but am not interested in the rest of them at this time. I have a mod to eliminate zombies from my game too and I tried IF once for a very short time and no more. I've got a mod to keep them from my game entirely.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Well not counting normal sims and pets,

Plumbots
    Ghosts
    Vampires
    Werewolves
    Mermaids
    Aliens
    Witches
    Ginies
    Unicorns
    Fairies
    Zombies
    Invisible Friend
    Simbots
    Plantsims
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @GITTE2001

@cwaddell

Give me some time to dig out my last backup sims 3 folder on one of my external drives before my recent upgrade and I will dig it out for you its a fab mod and I would not want to play Vampires without it myself now :)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Ghosts agree with @wickedjr89 They are just neat and so many death colors to choose from even when making them in CAS.Plus love several premade ghosts they are really good *Cough* Lotta Greaves :p Also love how they can float through walls and make creepy sounds.

And what other lifestate period other than human can you make a residential or community lot with and they are included in the lot.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @GITTE2001

@cwaddell

Found it lol its a good job I backed everything up logically and efficiently :)

Its actually 2 mods I use

Vampire attack but read the entire info because there are certain things you need to do before it will work such as the charisma for charm element and athletic skills for the attack and if you forget about these you will think the mod does not work. This is the drink from anyone mod or you can attack sims and kill them the choice is yours :)

Interactions are hidden until you reach level 1 for the required skill (Charisma for Charm, Athletic for Attack)

http://modthesims.info/d/441069

The second mod is the mind control mod and again read the info as there are some requirements for it to work with your sim such as Mind and Release Control also requires your sim to have the Genius trait.

Also I forget to mention this mod allows the teleportation of your vampire while surrounded by bats :)

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489366

I have used both these mods like forever and never had a problem using them, enjoy because it really adds great game-play to your vamps :)
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I've only played human so far. Never really been a fan of lifestates other than the witches, but I haven't tried them yet. Soon. Maybe.

I have to admit I kind of enjoy zombie night now that I know how to protect my gardens. I don't want to play one though. :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    @SPARKY1922 . Thank you so much. I have downloaded them but won't install them until I'm ready to start a new game featuring vampires. They look fantastic. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top