This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Statement about toddlers

Comments

  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Hyeion wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Honestly I don't even expect EA to announce anything I just wait for other people to leak things lol....

    "Because we will lose money. At least you'll be paying attention looking for your desired feature, and might buy the Packs we release along the way"

    Who are you talking for? I don't understand?

    Sorry for not making it clear,
    I wrote that as how I see their way of thinking might be.
    That's kinda how I see it.
    mfCdivN.gif

    Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Hyeion wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Hyeion wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Honestly I don't even expect EA to announce anything I just wait for other people to leak things lol....

    "Because we will lose money. At least you'll be paying attention looking for your desired feature, and might buy the Packs we release along the way"

    Who are you talking for? I don't understand?

    Sorry for not making it clear,
    I wrote that as how I see their way of thinking might be.
    That's kinda how I see it.

    Okay I understand
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I stand by what I have said all along; if we get pets before toddlers I'm going to be angry and consider that confirmation that toddlers won't ever be released. Because pets are the only things that are as animation-heavy and take as much coding as toddlers would. Obviously I could be missing something, but I don't see how it would be possible to implement pets if it would be impossible to implement toddlers.
    I think they would be about the same too. Both need new animations, need to be made to work with CAS, voice acting, working with multitasking, new objects for them, made carry-able, etc. Unless we either get some really bland pets or don't get them at all.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.

    Good, then reach your own conclusions about the statement. I've just reached mine and shared them in case anyone found them useful.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.

    Idk if I'm just stupid or something but if I say I think pets are gonna be in the game that does not make me sound neutral right? Because I'm basically saying I think they will be in the game? Is that what you mean?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    I stand by what I have said all along; if we get pets before toddlers I'm going to be angry and consider that confirmation that toddlers won't ever be released. Because pets are the only things that are as animation-heavy and take as much coding as toddlers would. Obviously I could be missing something, but I don't see how it would be possible to implement pets if it would be impossible to implement toddlers.
    I think they would be about the same too. Both need new animations, need to be made to work with CAS, voice acting, working with multitasking, new objects for them, made carry-able, etc. Unless we either get some really bland pets or don't get them at all.

    I don't think pets needs voice acting lol. Do you imagine hiring Tara Strong to do dog and cat sounds? Ahahaha (I don't think she does voice work for EA but you get the deal)

    Maybe a guru brings their dog and their cat to the recording session XD or the most logical they use pre-made ones.

    But toddlers are only one lifestate, cats and dogs would need their version of a baby/toddler, the puppies so there's a little more work there.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    This just sounds like more of the same imo. There should be no reason why they don't know if toddlers are going to be in the game by now or not. I'm betting they know the answer and it's one that most simmers aren't going to like, hence the silence. But that's just my two cents... *goes back to work*
    So even when a statement is made about Toddlers, it's just a repeat of what they've been saying for the past 2 years. just tell us if you're working on them or not. I don't care if you hear us, or you're listening to our feedback, how about tell us what your plan is for once.
    It is sad they ask us to be even more patient than 2 years to make a life-stage which will probably not even have much content when released. :/ Really Maxis?
    I don't even give a plum about toddlers (always found that stage to be such a grind), but I find it interesting that they don't just outright say whether they're doing it one way or the other, which is what the community clearly wants.

    We know Maxis is listening. What people want to know, is whether they've made a decision or not.
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    Honestly, I think the REAL issue is, the Developers want to put Toddlers in the game, but EA are the ones who have to green light it.
    EA are the ones who have to invest in the project, which is why Maxis can't say "yes" or "no" because probably everything we ask about is on their "list" but whether EA provides the funding for that to come to fruition, is a totally different story.

    The only time we got major gameplay for Toddlers in 3, was when The Sims Store team was able to squeeze it into sets.
    EA obviously think Toddlers aren't profitable, for whatever reason, as they were the most neglected life stage in 3. Even babies got more stuff.

    I think Toddlers is something Maxis is pushing for, but EA are reluctant to green light it, simply because they either cannot see us paying for Toddlers, and they also don't see the audience growing enough if patched in for free, for it to be a well paid investment.

    ---

    We have to remember, EA are the ones who send out the Survey's regarding what packs people would like.
    We also have to remember, the Into The Future presentation that leaked, which was EA pitching the concept TO the Devs.
    Meaning the Devs were being presented by EA of what they had decided the pack should be.

    EA were also the ones that wouldn't green light The Sims 4 (originally) unless it was online.

    It's fair to say the Devs know what we want, but EA is the one that decides. Which is why the Devs sound so frustrated around certain topics.
    Which is why Drake's statement almost feels like they are waiting on an answer.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    most people i know IRL who play sims4 doesn't care that much about toddlers... they are casual players,and yea im sure they would be happy if toddlers came back, but it isn't a must for them to buy future packs. and they don't really seek out a community, just play a little in their spare time. and aren't most players casual? atleast i would imagine so, so the profit of adding them prolly wouldn't be that much
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.

    Idk if I'm just plum or something but if I say I think pets are gonna be in the game that does not make me sound neutral right? Because I'm basically saying I think they will be in the game? Is that what you mean?

    What I meant is I tried to be neutral and analytical in the way I reached my conclusions. This means I didn't reach this conclusion (i.e. That I think they are working on them) because I love the game or EA or because I think EA is the devil and Ts4 is the worst game ever.

    I reached this conclusion because I read the statement, read what was said in Gamescom and have an idea about how business works.

    You're of course welcome to have a different opinion based on your experiences or reach a different conclusion.

    ETA: I never said I think toddlers will be in the game; I just stated the reasons why I think they are still not in the game after all this time
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @jackjack_k OMG you always slay my soul with your posts! Speaking the voice of reason. :star::heart:

    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.

    Idk if I'm just plum or something but if I say I think pets are gonna be in the game that does not make me sound neutral right? Because I'm basically saying I think they will be in the game? Is that what you mean?

    What I meant is I tried to be neutral and analytical in the way I reached my conclusions. This means I didn't reach this conclusion (i.e. That I think they are working on them) because I love the game or EA or because I think EA is the devil and Ts4 is the worst game ever.

    I reached this conclusion because I read the statement, read what was said in Gamescom and have an idea about how business works.

    Your confusing me, you said your trying to be neutral but you said that it "confirms them" I'm literally lost
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I bet this thread will be closed when i wake up tomorrow xD
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    giphy.gif
    ......
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.

    Idk if I'm just plum or something but if I say I think pets are gonna be in the game that does not make me sound neutral right? Because I'm basically saying I think they will be in the game? Is that what you mean?

    What I meant is I tried to be neutral and analytical in the way I reached my conclusions. This means I didn't reach this conclusion (i.e. That I think they are working on them) because I love the game or EA or because I think EA is the devil and Ts4 is the worst game ever.

    I reached this conclusion because I read the statement, read what was said in Gamescom and have an idea about how business works.

    Your confusing me, you said your trying to be neutral but you said that it "confirms them" I'm literally lost

    I never said this confirms they are coming. I said this confirms they are working on them. I tried to be neutral in the way I reached this conclusion (by analyzing the information we have and by understating how a big business work instead of just jumping to a conclusion because I hate the game or because I love it). Anyway, I'm not going to give you any more explanations. If you don't agree with my conclusions or think they are biased, reach your own conclusions. I don't need you or anyone to agree with me.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    @jackjack_k Dingdingdingding! We have a winner.
    This is almost definitely the problem (didn't know that about Into the Future though, it really brings everything into perspective).

    The project lead/director/whatever doesn't pitch ideas to EA, EA tells the project lead what to tell the team. If EA wants to focus on a particular pack, as determined by their focus groups, then that's what the team's gonna make.

    If EA doesn't want toddlers (because their TS3 and TS2 telemetry, taken directly from gamer's saves, shows that it was an unpopular life stage), then Maxis isn't going to be in a position to make toddlers.

    Who knows, maybe that toddler render they made for the CEO was a sneaky way to get him on board with the idea? As in, "look how cute your kid is? Who wouldn't want to play that in The Sims?"
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Dingdingdingding! We have a winner.
    This is almost definitely the problem (didn't know that about Into the Future though, it really brings everything into perspective).

    The project lead/director/whatever doesn't pitch ideas to EA, EA tells the project lead what to tell the team. If EA wants to focus on a particular pack, as determined by their focus groups, then that's what the team's gonna make.

    If EA doesn't want toddlers (because their TS3 and TS2 telemetry, taken directly from gamer's saves, shows that it was an unpopular life stage), then Maxis isn't going to be in a position to make toddlers.

    Who knows, maybe that toddler render they made for the CEO was a sneaky way to get him on board with the idea? As in, "look how cute your kid is? Who wouldn't want to play that in The Sims?"

    I don't know how true that is. I don't think EA has any word on the content they release as long as it makes money, they are just the publisher but I guess no one knows for certain.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Dingdingdingding! We have a winner.
    This is almost definitely the problem (didn't know that about Into the Future though, it really brings everything into perspective).

    The project lead/director/whatever doesn't pitch ideas to EA, EA tells the project lead what to tell the team. If EA wants to focus on a particular pack, as determined by their focus groups, then that's what the team's gonna make.

    If EA doesn't want toddlers (because their TS3 and TS2 telemetry, taken directly from gamer's saves, shows that it was an unpopular life stage), then Maxis isn't going to be in a position to make toddlers.

    Who knows, maybe that toddler render they made for the CEO was a sneaky way to get him on board with the idea? As in, "look how cute your kid is? Who wouldn't want to play that in The Sims?"

    Another awesome post!
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.

    Idk if I'm just plum or something but if I say I think pets are gonna be in the game that does not make me sound neutral right? Because I'm basically saying I think they will be in the game? Is that what you mean?

    What I meant is I tried to be neutral and analytical in the way I reached my conclusions. This means I didn't reach this conclusion (i.e. That I think they are working on them) because I love the game or EA or because I think EA is the devil and Ts4 is the worst game ever.

    I reached this conclusion because I read the statement, read what was said in Gamescom and have an idea about how business works.

    Your confusing me, you said your trying to be neutral but you said that it "confirms them" I'm literally lost

    They have a neutral opinion on the game itself, but also believe that they are at least trying to work on toddlers, based on what they interpret from the statements.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited August 2016
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

    I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

    Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

    This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages

    I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

    1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

    2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

    How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?

    This forum drains my energy, really. I'm not even defending EA and I feel like I have to justify every word I say.

    I said I think, emphasis on THINK. So yes, it's an opinion but I try to remain neutral, unlike most people here who are blinded by love or hate for this game. Since I don't love the game nor hate it (I just feel indifference towards it lately) I think I'm in a good position to analyze things neutrally.

    I refer "think" in my quote it still doesn't make you neutral.

    Idk if I'm just plum or something but if I say I think pets are gonna be in the game that does not make me sound neutral right? Because I'm basically saying I think they will be in the game? Is that what you mean?

    What I meant is I tried to be neutral and analytical in the way I reached my conclusions. This means I didn't reach this conclusion (i.e. That I think they are working on them) because I love the game or EA or because I think EA is the devil and Ts4 is the worst game ever.

    I reached this conclusion because I read the statement, read what was said in Gamescom and have an idea about how business works.

    Your confusing me, you said your trying to be neutral but you said that it "confirms them" I'm literally lost

    I never said this confirms they are coming. I said this confirms they are working on them. I tried to be neutral in the way I reached this conclusion (by analyzing the information we have and by understating how a big business work instead of just jumping to a conclusion because I hate the game or because I love it).

    Not trying to argue just genuinely confused. "I said this confirms they are working on them" you said they are working on them
    Quote Google says neutral means
    "neutral
    ˈnjuːtr(ə)l/
    adjective
    1.
    not supporting or helping either side in a conflict, disagreement, etc.; impartial."
    But you've just said that confirmed they are so your basically supporting the idea of them in development which is not neutral?!?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    This just sounds like more of the same imo. There should be no reason why they don't know if toddlers are going to be in the game by now or not. I'm betting they know the answer and it's one that most simmers aren't going to like, hence the silence. But that's just my two cents... *goes back to work*
    So even when a statement is made about Toddlers, it's just a repeat of what they've been saying for the past 2 years. just tell us if you're working on them or not. I don't care if you hear us, or you're listening to our feedback, how about tell us what your plan is for once.
    It is sad they ask us to be even more patient than 2 years to make a life-stage which will probably not even have much content when released. :/ Really Maxis?
    I don't even give a plum about toddlers (always found that stage to be such a grind), but I find it interesting that they don't just outright say whether they're doing it one way or the other, which is what the community clearly wants.

    We know Maxis is listening. What people want to know, is whether they've made a decision or not.
    QDog wrote: »
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

    This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

    ya for the next version maybe

    If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

    Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

    As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

    Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

    Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

    Honestly, I think the REAL issue is, the Developers want to put Toddlers in the game, but EA are the ones who have to green light it.
    EA are the ones who have to invest in the project, which is why Maxis can't say "yes" or "no" because probably everything we ask about is on their "list" but whether EA provides the funding for that to come to fruition, is a totally different story.

    The only time we got major gameplay for Toddlers in 3, was when The Sims Store team was able to squeeze it into sets.
    EA obviously think Toddlers aren't profitable, for whatever reason, as they were the most neglected life stage in 3. Even babies got more stuff.

    I think Toddlers is something Maxis is pushing for, but EA are reluctant to green light it, simply because they either cannot see us paying for Toddlers, and they also don't see the audience growing enough if patched in for free, for it to be a well paid investment.

    ---

    We have to remember, EA are the ones who send out the Survey's regarding what packs people would like.
    We also have to remember, the Into The Future presentation that leaked, which was EA pitching the concept TO the Devs.
    Meaning the Devs were being presented by EA of what they had decided the pack should be.

    EA were also the ones that wouldn't green light The Sims 4 (originally) unless it was online.

    It's fair to say the Devs know what we want, but EA is the one that decides. Which is why the Devs sound so frustrated around certain topics.
    Which is why Drake's statement almost feels like they are waiting on an answer.

    This so much!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Dingdingdingding! We have a winner.
    This is almost definitely the problem (didn't know that about Into the Future though, it really brings everything into perspective).

    The project lead/director/whatever doesn't pitch ideas to EA, EA tells the project lead what to tell the team. If EA wants to focus on a particular pack, as determined by their focus groups, then that's what the team's gonna make.

    If EA doesn't want toddlers (because their TS3 and TS2 telemetry, taken directly from gamer's saves, shows that it was an unpopular life stage), then Maxis isn't going to be in a position to make toddlers.

    Who knows, maybe that toddler render they made for the CEO was a sneaky way to get him on board with the idea? As in, "look how cute your kid is? Who wouldn't want to play that in The Sims?"

    I don't know how true that is. I don't think EA has any word on the content they release as long as it makes money, they are just the publisher but I guess no one knows for certain.

    Maxis isn't an indie studio that makes a game and then finds a publisher to distribute it. Maxis is directly owned by EA, meaning EA has a vested interest in what their money is spent on.

    You don't say "here's a million dollars for this quarter, make whatever you want" and stay in business for very long.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Dingdingdingding! We have a winner.
    This is almost definitely the problem (didn't know that about Into the Future though, it really brings everything into perspective).

    The project lead/director/whatever doesn't pitch ideas to EA, EA tells the project lead what to tell the team. If EA wants to focus on a particular pack, as determined by their focus groups, then that's what the team's gonna make.

    If EA doesn't want toddlers (because their TS3 and TS2 telemetry, taken directly from gamer's saves, shows that it was an unpopular life stage), then Maxis isn't going to be in a position to make toddlers.

    Who knows, maybe that toddler render they made for the CEO was a sneaky way to get him on board with the idea? As in, "look how cute your kid is? Who wouldn't want to play that in The Sims?"

    I don't know how true that is. I don't think EA has any word on the content they release as long as it makes money, they are just the publisher but I guess no one knows for certain.

    Maxis isn't an indie studio that makes a game and then finds a publisher to distribute it. Maxis is directly owned by EA, meaning EA has a vested interest in what their money is spent on.

    You don't say "here's a million dollars for this quarter, make whatever you want" and stay in business for very long.

    Trust me if they released generations they would
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    @jackjack_k Dingdingdingding! We have a winner.
    This is almost definitely the problem (didn't know that about Into the Future though, it really brings everything into perspective).

    The project lead/director/whatever doesn't pitch ideas to EA, EA tells the project lead what to tell the team. If EA wants to focus on a particular pack, as determined by their focus groups, then that's what the team's gonna make.

    If EA doesn't want toddlers (because their TS3 and TS2 telemetry, taken directly from gamer's saves, shows that it was an unpopular life stage), then Maxis isn't going to be in a position to make toddlers.

    Who knows, maybe that toddler render they made for the CEO was a sneaky way to get him on board with the idea? As in, "look how cute your kid is? Who wouldn't want to play that in The Sims?"

    I don't know how true that is. I don't think EA has any word on the content they release as long as it makes money, they are just the publisher but I guess no one knows for certain.

    Maxis isn't an indie studio that makes a game and then finds a publisher to distribute it. Maxis is directly owned by EA, meaning EA has a vested interest in what their money is spent on.

    You don't say "here's a million dollars for this quarter, make whatever you want" and stay in business for very long.

    And then again, you don't know if that happens with certainty. So your *opinion* is just as redundant as mine.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top