This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Statement about toddlers

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

ya for the next version maybe

If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    My two cents:

This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

If you read my whole post, I said that this confirms they are working on them, but not that we are going to get them.

Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    My two cents:

everything she said is the standard generic answer
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I don't even give a crap about toddlers (always found that stage to be such a grind), but I find it interesting that they don't just outright say whether they're doing it one way or the other, which is what the community clearly wants.

We know Maxis is listening. What people want to know, is whether they've made a decision or not.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    My two cents:

Not trying sound sarcastic or rude or anything but what's the point of working on them if we ain't gonna get them?

As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,178 Member
    edited August 2016
    Well, I don't know if toddlers are in production right now, but it would be a waste for them not to work on them with such high demand for them, so I'm sure they won't pass this chance... It's bascially become the same as pets and seasons (though I don't know if toddlers will come in an EP or not), being very demanded features in The Sims games.
  • Options
    My two cents:

As I said, in a perfect world they would just work on them and release them and every one would be happy. But things are complicated in real life, particularly in business. They may have run into problems or may be discussing if it will be profitable to implement them (or when would be the perfect moment to release them) etc.

Not that I'm defending EA, but in my opinion this means they are working on them. However, I think they haven't yet reached the point they are comfortable confirming toddlers are coming. Can you imagine the fan reaction if they confirmed that toddlers are coming and a few weeks later they told us that the developers have run into unsolvable problems and they cannot be implemented in the end?

Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I don't even give a plum about toddlers (always found that stage to be such a grind), but I find it interesting that they don't just outright say whether they're doing it one way or the other, which is what the community clearly wants.

to say they are not gonna be added would be bad press...
  • Options
    My two cents:

Yeah I understand your point but they've had two years to discuss this, do they need another two?

I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Basically PR jargon for nope we aren't workingon them and probably won't but we aren't twlling you no yet.
  • Options
    My two cents:

I don't know really. In my opinion they have had plenty of time and I'm the first one that is critical about this whole situation. The fact that confirmation is taking so long is what worries me: if they have been working on toddlers since day 1 (and they should) they must have encountered some pretty big issues if they are still not comfortable giving us a final answer.

I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Honestly I don't even expect EA to announce anything I just wait for other people to leak things lol....
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    Um that statement is from here in the forums?

I think it's a blog post, either way it's on SimsVIP like always...

No, I was meaning I knew it was from here on the forums so I didn't understand why it needed its own thread.
  • Options
    My two cents:

I don't even think they're working on them let alone day 1... They're probably not telling us anything due to EAs famous hush hush policy....

Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.
  • Options
    My two cents:

Well they are (at least impliedly) telling us they are working on them. So if what you say is true (and time will tell) then these kinds of statements would be misleading customers, which would be borderline false advertising.

This is the company that once said the sims 4 would feature all life stages
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    My two cents:

The right moment to release them? Spare me the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, the right moment was when the family players were still interested in TS4. Never the less, nothing about that comment says they are working on them, it's your speculation.

In the end, we still don't have them, we don't know if we will, it's just as it was, or worse, because now TS4 is going to be 2 years old time is no longer an excuse. Their amazing foundation though, maybe.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2016
    Honestly I don't even expect EA to announce anything I just wait for other people to leak things lol....

Maxis:

"Because we will lose money. At least you'll be paying attention looking for your desired feature, and might buy the Packs we release along the way"
    Post edited by Hyeion on
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited August 2016
    The thing is, @SimGuruDrake wants us to trust the team. And to be honest, I do. I know a little about the ins and outs of game development and working with a publisher, and sometimes you just can't make what you want when you want to make it.

I believe the Sims team knows that toddlers are a priority for a very vocal section of the community. To outright ignore that community would be a PR nightmare.

But I do also see the frustration of the community. Knowing that they're listening isn't enough. It's been 2 years since release, and we've already gone one year without an expansion pack. Development looks like it's winding down. It's probably not, mind you, but there's a definite dry spell looming over us. And for toddler fans, that's worrying.

So, yeah. Something more than "we're still listening" would definitely be appreciated. Not just by the toddler crowd. I'd love to know what's in the works, too. We don't even need a screenshot, or an animated teaser, or even a full-on trailer.
    Just a "we have a toddler prototype working, but we can't say when we'll be able to polish it and release it" would be amazing.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Um that statement is from here in the forums?

I think it's a blog post, either way it's on SimsVIP like always...

No, I was meaning I knew it was from here on the forums so I didn't understand why it needed its own thread.

I wasn't following the old one, I saw it on SimsVIP and I came here because this one was on top XD I didn't knew it was from the forums that's why I said *I think*.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    My two cents:

I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.
  • Options
    My two cents:

I'm not saying they are not capable of false advertising. I'm just trying to analyze the situation and be as neutral as possible. In my opinion this statement at least impliedly confirms they are working on toddlers (or at least they say they are). So now one has the option to either believe them or not.

1.- If you think this is false adverising, good, you'll probably not be disappointed in the future.

2.- If you believe they are really working on them, I say beware. Don't get your hopes up. The fact that they haven't given us an official confirmation that toddlers will be back means they are not ready and they may have run into problems. If they are not capable of circumventing these issues, we may never see toddlers in this game. But I guess it's a good thing they are still trying.

How is saying "I think they are working on toddlers" being neutral?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Hyeion wrote: »

"Because we will lose money. At least you'll be paying attention looking for your desired feature, and might buy the Packs we release along the way"

Who are you talking for? I don't understand?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I wish they'd say something too. I know, law, rules, future content, quarters, etc and whatnot...but they're really setting themselves up for a train wreck if they steadily say "we hear you" in regards to toddlers (and many other things really) and then never release them.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't think this means they're actually working on Toddlers. It sounds like (at least to me) that they're talking about them but have not taken any steps one way or the other. Basically "We understand that this is an incredibly popular request but because we are not sure if wether or not we're actually going to go through with it, we need for you all to be patient for us until we make a decision and then go from there."
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I stand by what I have said all along; if we get pets before toddlers I'm going to be angry and consider that confirmation that toddlers won't ever be released. Because pets are the only things that are as animation-heavy and take as much coding as toddlers would. Obviously I could be missing something, but I don't see how it would be possible to implement pets if it would be impossible to implement toddlers.