This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Statement about toddlers

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,455 Member
    Toddlers will come when the time is right. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    That's a better answer than the ones we received so far, @SimGuruDrake should really stick her post in the General Discussion with the title "Read before making a toddler thread"
    There was actually a lot surrounding this statement that'd better not be stickied.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Thanks for this! Hopefully when all this is done it goes the way most people want it :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    We know they know for a long time, but that doesn't mean anything, they still went with everything but toddlers in the first two years of TS4 and I don't think they'll care much to add them in the future as their priorities are far from that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Um that statement is from here in the forums?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

I think it's a blog post, either way it's on SimsVIP like always...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    So even when a statement is made about Toddlers, it's just a repeat of what they've been saying for the past 2 years. just tell us if you're working on them or not. I don't care if you hear us, or you're listening to our feedback, how about tell us what your plan is for once.
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I think they do have intentions of adding toddlers to the game (which is why I'm still here and haven't given up yet) what annoys me is that they clearly aren't on their priority list. They know how important toddlers are to family players and that many of us are starting to give up on the game because there's still no word if they will ever come. So how long will we have to "be patient"? How many years do you need to make a lifestage that was supposed to be in the base game? My patience only goes so far...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

I think it's a blog post, either way it's on SimsVIP like always...
    No, it's part of this post.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Do I need a magnifying glass to read this. Jeez, could someone write what is written, I am not an ant to be able to read dots on my screen
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Do I need a magnifying glass to read this. Jeez, could someone write what is written, I am not an ant to be able to read dots on my screen

If your on mobile zoom in
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    That they listen is all good and well, but some action would be more important, now. It's been two years or so, it's time to not only listen and talk, but to do something more substantial.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    "We absolutely hear you" how many times have we heard this in the last two years?

That's why she said that they can't repeat the same answer because it'll get you frustrated, but that's because it's the only answer they've got right now that they can say to us on the subject. People will be upset if they don't respond about something they can't talk about, people will be upset if they do respond about a thing they can't talk about in the only way they can. There's no middle ground for them, so rather than saying these words and frustrating people like you who don't want the same answer, the only thing they can say is to be patient until they can actually have something so say about the subject besides the one answer they've given.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    My two cents:

This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they talk about them in the office every day?). People have been begging EA to at least tell us if they are working on toddlers. So here we are. This is as close as we are going to get to a confirmation. But I think this statement should be read together with what was said at the Gamescom panel:

"Of course we as simmers want all the information at once – when will we finally get toddlers, seasons and pets, huh? But after this panel, I’ve realised it’s not that easy. Especially with the team wanting to keep things interesting with new ideas rather than just warm up the usual expansions. But in terms of announcing here are a few key points that show why they don’t announce a pack as soon as it goes into planning.

Things might not work out. If the team realises they have to change important things in the pack due to technical reasons or add other stuff to replace it, many fans might be disappointed. Retracting statements is never good. So they decide to show a pack when it’s clear that no considerable changes have to be made and that things work out the way they are supposed to
    ."

(Source: https://julyvee94.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/the-sims-panel-and-my-experience-at-gamescom-2016/)

So I think they are working on toddlers but I also think they are still not ready to announce them. They may have run into problems or they may be still unsure how to circumvent certain issues (eg multitasking) so they may not even be sure they will be able to implement toddlers the way we want them (or implement them at all). They want to avoid a "retracting statement".

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @halimali1980 here you go. It was in another thread but it's better if you just read this statement specifically without having to look through all of it page by page.
    CqVL6LVWYAAVb6H.jpg:large
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2016
    Honestly, "We hear you" means nothing.

They could easily listen and throw it in the brain's Trash Bin.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    My two cents:

This statement pretty much confirms they are working on toddlers (otherwise why would they tak about them in the office every day?).

ya for the next version maybe
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    "We absolutely hear you" how many times have we heard this in the last two years?

That's why she said that they can't repeat the same answer because it'll get you frustrated, but that's because it's the only answer they've got right now that they can say to us on the subject. People will be upset if they don't respond about something they can't talk about, people will be upset if they do respond about a thing they can't talk about in the only way they can. There's no middle ground for them, so rather than saying these words and frustrating people like you who don't want the same answer, the only thing they can say is to be patient until they can actually have something so say about the subject besides the one answer they've given.

I'm not frustrated idk where your getting that from and no it's same old excuse even with things that they can talk about its the exact same thing.
    giphy_1.gif