Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is sims freeplay multiplayer?

IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
As title. Are there realtime interactions between players? What is the recommended minimum age to play the game "safely" without coming across unsuitable company?

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No. There are no realtime interactions between the players. The only way to interact with other players is if the other players are added through Facebook because then the players can talk about the game via Facebook.

But it is multiplayer in the sense that you can visit a town played by your friend. The towns are regularly uploaded to the cloud by the game. So when you "visit" your friend's town it is actually the latest uploaded copy of your friend's town that you download and visit. You will therefore never even see it when your friends "visit" your own town.

The game is rated 12+ by the app stores even though other ratings have occurred earlier. An exception is Australia who as usually regard the Sims games as mature games. So Australia recommends the game to be played only by simmers who are at least 17 yrs old as you can see on http://childrenandmedia.org.au/app-reviews/apps/the-sims-freeplay
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Thanks. I might recommend this to my sims-loving granddaughter who doesn't have good enough internet connection to install the Sims game itself. I bought her TS4 on DVD but she accidentally clicked the download button and ever since then it will NOT agree to install from the DVDs. So that was a waste of money.