Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Map coming with EP3?

I think that if EP03 Is based around city, I think that they should change the way the maps looks, here is what I think they should do.

Make the maps 3D! If any of you played Sims 2, I think the map should be like that 3D Map, but with better quality and detail.

Think if we get skyscrapers in an EP, we couldn't have a 2D map because a tall building would cover up a building behind it on a 2D map

Do you guys want a 3D map?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Agreed.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Do I want a 3d map? Yes.

Do I see them making one? No.

But would buildings they really cover up other buildings? I don't think so, perhaps you should try to put big tall buildings on your map.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I would at expect that because the city will be a world unto it's self.
    A 3D map sure, if they can make one and add it to the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I would at expect that because the city will be a world unto it's self.
    A 3D map sure, if they can make one and add it to the game.

Most likely if it happens it will be patched in like color maps were.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The maps aren't really that important to me. They are only there as a means to travel. They could just give us a list of places in each world instead.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    There was a map for the base game, that had City Buildings in it. And that was using the ugly blue map.
    So it's possible.

13939560_1245542692122528_4427302059487795343_n.jpg?oh=319737472038b7a7eec204a61ae97a8f&oe=584A335F&__gda__=1477958547_f602ffc053f5ccc9df72f91dfea87b3e
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Do I want a 3d map? Yes.

But would buildings they really cover up other buildings? I don't think so, perhaps you should try to put big tall buildings on your map.

Lbr, they will make it work. There's no way they are investing into a 3D map.
    They already said it was a stylistic choice, since they already had a 3D map and went to 2D.

Then again, they had a lot of "good ideas" for the base game, they ended up changing because they were crap.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    will wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I hope it's not a long wait.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    There was a map for the base game, that had City Buildings in it. And that was using the ugly blue map.
    So it's possible.

13939560_1245542692122528_4427302059487795343_n.jpg?oh=319737472038b7a7eec204a61ae97a8f&oe=584A335F&__gda__=1477958547_f602ffc053f5ccc9df72f91dfea87b3e
    Do I want a 3d map? Yes.

They already said it was a stylistic choice, since they already had a 3D map and went to 2D.

Then again, they had a lot of "good ideas" for the base game, they ended up changing because they were plum.

Do you have any more pictures like that one? Or know where I can get some of that map? I like seeing early dev of the game
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    So it's possible.

Do I want a 3d map? Yes.

Then again, they had a lot of "good ideas" for the base game, they ended up changing because they were plum.

Do you have any more pictures like that one? Or know where I can get some of that map? I like seeing early dev of the game
    That's what I had expected that the 3D map would look like, except it would be a little more colorful than that. And I expect that the new 3D map would be patched in.

They have already changed the looks of the maps once, I doubt they will do it again.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They have already changed the looks of the maps once, I doubt they will do it again.
    But there's nothing stopping them from making another change to the travel map though.

But there's nothing stopping them from making another change to the travel map though.
    Other than taking money, time and resources away from packs to do something that they have already done and don't need to do again?
    Other than taking money, time and resources away from packs to do something that they have already done and don't need to do again?
    True!

• MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member

By that logic, why did they do it the first time?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

They probably realized the colorless map screen looked like an unfinished prototype. It was influenced by data view from SimCity, which was only white to provide a better view of the data layer being shown.

Eliminating the color from the map didn't really serve a purpose beyond being a creative choice, and a nod to SimCity. They responded to criticism by introducing full color maps with Get Together. The process behind creating color maps probably wasn't that hard or labor intensive. The maps function and look exactly the same as they did before the update, they didn't create a brand new map view they colored the images.

Because people complained, so they changed it. That's not going to work every time. At some point, they will throw up their hands and say "we fixed it and you're still not happy".