Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG... NEW EXPANSION PACK (EP3) REVEALED.

simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
Next expansion pack is.... The Sims 4: City Life.
Probably about apartments & street markets. Hmm.
Please no more clubbing... night clubbing stuff.... bored already! :(
If they could add cars & vehicles, it would be worth it.

simscommunity.info/2016/08/17/the-sims-4-life-in-the-city-is-expansion-pack-3-theme/

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    AP in EP section
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think there will be cars, and you can drive around the city in first person mode. The mini-quest that will come with the EP will be whether you can have your sim drive from one side of the city to the other quickly enough to prevent him peeing himself.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I think there will be cars, and you can drive around the city in first person mode. The mini-quest that will come with the EP will be whether you can have your sim drive from one side of the city to the other quickly enough to prevent him peeing himself.

That would be a better fit for a smaller town. Unless they're not actually going to do high-rises and density but call it a city anyway? Cities = gridlock and public transit, not driving fast anywhere.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Exactly my point :D Gridlocked driving challenge = many puddles!
  • Options
    NelsalieNelsalie Posts: 20 New Member
    OOOHH I really hope that my dream is going to come true! I hope they also include a singing, acting and YouTubing carrier!!!!!
  • Options
    SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    There's already a thread about it has gotten moved to Expansion Pack check it out.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    This is like the 6th or 7th thread about this subject, :).
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    There's already a thread about it has gotten moved to Expansion Pack check it out.

A few threads in fact. I'm new here so I'd like to know - is it always like that? One rumor = dozens of new threads? It tooks like five seconds to check Expansion Pack section to see that this article was already linked. Or this is more like 'i don't care that it was, all I want is to create threads, a lot of them'? I'm just curious.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    Nelsalie wrote: »
    OOOHH I really hope that my dream is going to come true! I hope they also include a singing, acting and YouTubing carrier!!!!!

PLEASE NO!
  • Options
    Shakuahi wrote: »

A few threads in fact. I'm new here so I'd like to know - is it always like that? One rumor = dozens of new threads? It tooks like five seconds to check Expansion Pack section to see that this article was already linked. Or this is more like 'i don't care that it was, all I want is to create threads, a lot of them'? I'm just curious.

It's because the staff of the forums keep moving the threads to where people can't see them easily, so they think there isn't one already, I created a post to let people know to post here as there are several threads already but I don't see my post any more. I think it got deleted rather than stickied, which might have been more useful
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

It's because the staff of the forums keep moving the threads to where people can't see them easily, so they think there isn't one already, I created a post to let people know to post here as there are several threads already but I don't see my post any more. I think it got deleted rather than stickied, which might have been more useful

Exactly.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

FWIW, for every category you don't hit "Hide" for in Categories view, the topics turn up when you select "Discussions". Nobody's making anyone go only to General Discussion.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    No, you're correct. But one has to work with what actually happens rather than what should happen. Big news from community members (rather than official guru news) always goes into the main discussion forum, so it's not surprising that people seeing nothing about some major rumour there will think it must not have been posted yet.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Yes, always like that. :D Some people just aren't aware that there are other threads, but it's often because they don't take time to look.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This is like the 6th or 7th thread about this subject, :).

The more the better. I read them all.
  • Options
    MazsheenoMazsheeno Posts: 1 New Member
    Sounds awesome!
    Would really like to see a return of university/proms. I find teenagers are so boring in this sims as there is nothing to aim towards.
    Just a personal preference :)
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm not gonna believe anything to be true until it's been officially announced. Having said that, I like the idea of street markets, have done for a while now, but the whole city/apartment thing? meh - I'm not bothered either way tbh.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2016
    Like I said in another tread if this is true I will be saving my money... EA you lost a veteran player. Probably to late now but I would like a full refund for the game packs and expansions I bought!!! One good thing is I only bought a few and not all of them... Very unsatisfied customer. :( My only hope is that someday Will Wright comes back and finshes what he started...
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    djebay2djebay2 Posts: 36 Member
    City life sounds cool. I hope they add a lot of features, game play, city that will be worth the cost. I hope you can prank your neighbors! When I lived in a apartment as a teen, my friends and I would steal door mats and place them at other apartments!!! LMBO!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i hope it will also includes the option to do laundry and to add to or sims homes washers and dryers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Metropolis nice but yes the more people talk about the more nice it is but I'm still excited for this.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Oooh looks like it's going down!!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2016
    I wonder if they will wait until the next quarter to officially announce it. Since it was leaked on a rating site, it must be true, right? I'm not sure how these things work lol. When does the new quarter begin, September or October?
    Post edited by Evenstar606 on
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2016
    I wonder if they will wait until the next quarter to officially announce it. Since it was leaked on a rating site, it must be true, right? I'm not sure how these things work lol. When does the new quarter begin, September or October?

I thought October?

I think, especially after the Gamescom, that the announcement and the release will be in the same month. The Forum showed them, that we Simmers looove to speculate if we have too much time and too less info xD Right now there are about 8 Threads about City Life? It already started. They still might wanna change some things. It would be amazing if the EP3 comes in September, but I think we can look forward to another Patch Update with new content and the EP3 will be released in October/November.
    Do you remember the the Poll from Backyard Stuff? The Forum clearly showed, that we like Trailers, that include Infos, more than a Gifs... Something substantial.
    And City life was not mentioned in the last Quarterly Teaser, so I think they will do one in October but pretty close to a City Life Trailer.
    I hope I'm not mistaken with the quarter... but I think they started in April o.o And did one in July.

i hope it will also includes the option to do laundry and to add to or sims homes washers and dryers
    I thought of that too! I really miss that T_T