Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Life In The City World?!

So it has been leaked that EP3 is Life In The City, however, we do not know if its true so keep that in mind!
Here is a description of what I think the world should be like in The Sims 4 Life In The City if it comes. Keep in mind it is just wishful thinking

MAIN THING: Much larger World! Since Sims 4 is closed world I think they should have more "districts" and more sims in each world.

Overview: The city is a metropolitan LA inspired city, however with some grunge

35 Total Lots 17 Total Families

1st District- City Center very clean and bright with trees and grass
- City Hall
- Park
- Mall

2nd District- Downtown
- High Rise Bar- A bar in the basement but a few different apartments in the very top
- Rooftop Nightclub- Party on the top of a skyscraper!
- High Rise Apartment- TS3 Styled
- High Rise Apartment
- Restaurant High Rise- Restaurant in basement but apartments towards the top
- Empty Lot

3rd District- Community Area
- Apartment- TS2 Styled
- Apartment
- Apartment
- Bar
- Lounge
- Empty Lot

4th District- Suburb- Very green area with fancy houses and a lake
- House
- House
- House
- House
- Empty Lot

5th District- Slum- Very grungy dirty area
- House
- House
- Apartment
- Apartment
- Empty Lot

6th District- Normal Residential
- House
- House
- House
- House
- Empty Lot

7th District- 2nd Community Area
- Gym
- Museum
- Park
- Grocery Store
- Nightclub
- Empty Lot

I think the world must be much larger! They could even make them bigger than ts3 worlds because TS3 was limited by its open world, well since Sims 4 is closed they can have even bigger worlds

Sims 3 Sunset Valley had 92 total lots and 86 total sims

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm kind of hoping not a lot of premades come with it though... because that's a lot of deleting in the long run, plus the townies.

Also hoping there's no traces of Willow Creek or Oasis in this world. maybe Windenburg... like the sky and the water way

and it all Depends on how it's set up I think there should be 3 districts

I would like a Town Square Neighborhood/District, containing:
    City Hall
    Bank
    Police Station
    Restaurant
    Gym
    Night Club
    Hotel/Apartment.
    the Park
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2016
    I think 7 Districts are a bit too much. I would be satisfied with 4-5, to be honest. But some of your ideas overlap with mine.
    It would also be great to have new job options and traits.

1st District - City Center (maybe new job options?)
    - City Hall
    - Bank
    2nd District- Downtown
    - High Rise Bar- A bar in the basement but a few different apartments in the very top
    - Rooftop Nightclub- Party on the top of a skyscraper!
    - High Rise Apartment- TS3 Styled
    - Restaurant High Rise- Restaurant in basement but apartments towards the top
    - Empty Lot

3rd Discrict - Living Area

- Lots for Apartments

4th District - Communty Area
    - Gym
    - Museum
    - Park
    - Cinema/Theater
    - Shopping options/Empty Lot/Grocery Store (But I don't think they will bring the Grocery Store back)

5th Disctrict - Villa Area (Outside of Downtown, similar to TS3)
    - Lots for Villas

• NelsalieNelsalie Posts: 20 New Member
    I REALLY hope they add a groccery store! I would love to have the option to shop for food instead of just having unlimited supplies of quick meals, which doesn't make sence...
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    edited August 2016
    Really cool ideas! If this also came with a new active career or a couple rabbit hole careers and Create a World, I'd be extatic!
  • PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    A area for the rich with big 50x50 and 64x64 lots
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'm kind of hoping not a lot of premades come with it though... because that's a lot of deleting in the long run, plus the townies.

Also hoping there's no traces of Willow Creek or Oasis in this world. maybe Windenburg... like the sky and the water way

City Hall
    Bank
    Police Station
    Restaurant
    Gym
    Night Club
    Hotel/Apartment.
    the Park

I actually disagree, I hope there are A LOT of premades, houses, sims, etc. However, I really think they need to add a way to delete families and buildings faster for people who do not want them.

Also, they really should add a way to save a world so that in future saves you can use. So I don't have to fill up Newcrest every time

Plus! I don't think we can have all of that stuff in 1 District, in Windenburg we have a District with 8 lots and they aren't that big, but it still causes issues on some PCs
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

City Hall
    Bank
    Police Station
    Restaurant
    Gym
    Night Club
    Hotel/Apartment.
    the Park

We already have restaurants with Dine Out unless they use popup restaurants.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

City Hall
    Bank
    Police Station
    Restaurant
    Gym
    Night Club
    Hotel/Apartment.
    the Park

I actually disagree, I hope there are A LOT of premades, houses, sims, etc. However, I really think they need to add a way to delete families and buildings faster for people who do not want them.

Also, they really should add a way to save a world so that in future saves you can use. So I don't have to fill up Newcrest every time

Plus! I don't think we can have all of that stuff in 1 District, in Windenburg we have a District with 8 lots and they aren't that big, but it still causes issues on some PCs

You can delete and add whatever you want then save as with a name you'll find again like "my base save". Then when you want to start a new save, load that one and do a Save As
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

City Hall
    Bank
    Police Station
    Restaurant
    Gym
    Night Club
    Hotel/Apartment.
    the Park

A Town life EP survey mentioned a restaurant type venue..hmm strange..we already have restaurants..is it possible to put that in another EP? I would be very glad since i didn't get dine out (i don't think that GP was worth it)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited August 2016
    graventhe wrote: »

City Hall
    Bank
    Police Station
    Restaurant
    Gym
    Night Club
    Hotel/Apartment.
    the Park

A Town life EP survey mentioned a restaurant type venue..hmm strange..we already have restaurants..is it possible to put that in another EP? I would be very glad since i didn't get dine out (i don't think that GP was worth it)

We still need soda fountains, and I still want to get Slurpee manchine 1e7310c15607b5b5ff1fe102a8c21651.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I loved the idea of banks! Also they should let us combine the lots, this way we could place a restaurant on the ground floor and apartments upstairs or add a bar on a rooftop. I hope this world is inspired by NYC.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited August 2016
    An LA inspired city doesn't scream "City Life" to me, given that it is often described as one massive sprawling car dependent suburb with a few skyscrapers in the centre. New York would be the obvious muse with skyscrapers, brownstones and lofts, as well a reputation for a 24 hour lifestyle, characterful neighbourhoods, and additionally have influences of Chicago, Boston, Detroit etc.

For a more international flair, I could see a Parisian style city with Hausmann style apartments, or even Tokyo.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had just read an official letter from Brazil's Ministry Of Justice stating that they have received, reviewed, and rated a Sims 4 EP called City Life today. So City Life is EP#3, and it's real. But it has not been confirmed yet by Maxis.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    An LA inspired city doesn't scream "City Life" to me, given that it is often described as one massive sprawling car dependent suburb with a few skyscrapers in the centre. New York would be the obvious muse with skyscrapers, brownstones and lofts, as well a reputation for a 24 hour lifestyle, characterful neighbourhoods, and additionally have influences of Chicago, Boston, Detroit etc.

For a more international flair, I could see a Parisian style city with Hausmann style apartments, or even Tokyo.
    What about DC, Philly, or Baltimore?

• Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    ill be fine with any thing long as we get vampires i honestly really really want vampires
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Glitter_bugGlitter_bug Posts: 70 Member
    Simmer_Ray wrote: »
    ill be fine with any thing long as we get vampires i honestly really really want vampires

I am so ready for some new supernaturals. I really want vampires in my game as well. I am really excited about this EP. Hopefully it's good info and turns out to be true. Bridgeport was a fave of mine in ts3.
    Check out my ISBI Legacy Challenge here: http://ts4-townie.tumblr.com/
  • HJF55555HJF55555 Posts: 16 New Member
    I'm only worried about one thing. The actual city. Which better be HUUGGEEE like these neighborhoods are a decent size now but this thing needs to have Apartments, Yes Apartments please please please. Also cafe's and clubs Cities have clubs. And also the celebrity ranking again
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited! And also not twilight vampires I want full on blood sucking vamps EEK! So excited
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I want market places with stalls, food trucks, new foods and items from different cultures. Multicultural neigborhoods, apartments, penthouses. I agree with those who say this pack probably won't be very focused on nightlife, but more on the busy, diverse life in the city.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Sorry if the image is huge, I'm on mobile but I want some houses like:
    nyc-townhouse-apartment-14.jpg
    apartment-complex-insurance.jpg
    house-town.jpg
    453_xy_1280_768.jpg
    heygateestate-500x375.jpg
    2193916_f33adbe1.jpg
    SkyHouse-Houston-High-Rise.jpg
    stock-photo-skyline-of-luxury-high-rise-apartments-on-south-beach-in-miami-florida-73290694.jpg
    original.jpg
    original.jpg
    giphy_1.gif
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Just thinking about it, is making me so hyped like I'm gonna play some ts2 apartment life now :p:D
    giphy_1.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope in the daytime there are markets and shopping stalls to visit and a large city park to relax in and at night the whole city lights up from lots of bright signs, flashing and glowing.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am hoping for 4 districts, some nice, some dirty and scary. Also, I am hoping for amazing premades with great backstories (I know.....lost cause)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    @Ciarassims A lot of those things (minus the high-rises unless they increase floors) can be built with a TS2 style apartment system. Blocks of flats, row/terraced houses, semi-detached/duplex lots etc.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I hope we can rent shop/restaurant spaces in buildings
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    What's the betting it's the city in the backdrop for Willow Creek/Newcrest?
    Gallery ID: babysquare