Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
*Deleted*
tenor.gif
Post edited by XopaxPax on

Comments

• Options
    Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    Metropolis - Move to a bustling, modern city. Live in apartments or penthouses, eat at food carts and shop in supermarkets. Deepen your Sims in different cultures of the city exploring various and diverse neighborhoods.

That's what it will include according to the description. Nothing very exciting or game changing according to that description, more or less of the same fake worlds and personality-less sims.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    No because I have lost all faith in their ability to do anything related to a play style I play. However, I would consider all of the stuff you listed pretty minor additions. I think what most generational players want are is more activities and things for kids and teens to do. More social interactions between kids, teens, and adults. Things like community centers would be more up the alley than bunk beds. While I want bunk beds I would also really like more stuff for sims to do with their families so a community center would be perfect for that. Roller skating, more playground activities (sandbox, swings, slides, etc etc), sports, ballet, skateboarding, things to add to pool experiences (slides, floaties, sunbathing), picnics, mini golf, carnival stuff, etc etc.

I mean there is like a million things they could add to make family players happy while also making other people happy too. Clubs desperately need more activities and things to do too. My problem is that with the idea of "city life" it is very likely we will not get much anything except more night life and apartments. Expansions seem to have half the content I expect from them so unless they surprise me this time....I just have a feeling this is going to be a far bigger let down than get to work was. Get together was the only pack I have been semi-excited for and that was short lived since I knew there wasn't enough activities to warrant it yet. :neutral:
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Metropolis - Move to a bustling, modern city. Live in apartments or penthouses, eat at food carts and shop in supermarkets. Deepen your Sims in different cultures of the city exploring various and diverse neighborhoods.

That's what it will include according to the description. Nothing very exciting or game changing according to that description, more or less of the same fake worlds and personality-less sims.
    None of this has been confirmed by a SimGuru yet. So we don't know what this EP is, if it even is that. And we don't know what's in it.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Reading your post gave me chills, I would love this! A beautiful new city world with apartments and new venues (like cinemas and bowling alleys) and lots of new game play objects for hobbies and skills, and plenty of new styles for kids and adults!
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

None of this has been confirmed by a SimGuru yet. So we don't know what this EP is, if it even is that. And we don't know what's in it.

This, and the survey descriptions are usually way off, i recall the GTW one mentioning being able to be a maid and i think they didn't even mentioned retail.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    No because I have lost all faith in their ability to do anything related to a play style I play. However, I would consider all of the stuff you listed pretty minor additions. I think what most generational players want are is more activities and things for kids and teens to do. More social interactions between kids, teens, and adults. Things like community centers would be more up the alley than bunk beds. While I want bunk beds I would also really like more stuff for sims to do with their families so a community center would be perfect for that. Roller skating, more playground activities (sandbox, swings, slides, etc etc), sports, ballet, skateboarding, things to add to pool experiences (slides, floaties, sunbathing), picnics, mini golf, carnival stuff, etc etc.

I mean there is like a million things they could add to make family players happy while also making other people happy too. Clubs desperately need more activities and things to do too. My problem is that with the idea of "city life" it is very likely we will not get much anything except more night life and apartments. Expansions seem to have half the content I expect from them so unless they surprise me this time....I just have a feeling this is going to be a far bigger let down than get to work was. Get together was the only pack I have been semi-excited for and that was short lived since I knew there wasn't enough activities to warrant it yet. :neutral:

Sorry to hear that you have lost all faith for this.
    Mm, they could surprise us? I know that for some their content so far has been disappointing, but they could turn this around and actually make it an awesome Expansion pack. Maybe all along they HAVE been reading our suggestions.. and this EP could turn this game around. Who knows?
    The things you've listed in your post.. it would be awesome to see that in the future though. It would make this game way more exciting honestly.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2016
    You forgot the elevator! No city is complete without one.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    actress8252actress8252 Posts: 4 New Member
    Schools would be awesome, though I have a slight hunch ea will turn them into a whole new expansion or game pack. A market is reasonable, though, and would be soooo useful!
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Doubt it
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    No. ..
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    I hope not, because that would be bad. I want Expansion Pack fully dedicated to the generations, not as some addiction to something else.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No. I pray they don't shove other ideas into this EP and take up space for the city EP.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Lol no.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe it has a playable daycare center for those toddlers. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    From the title "Vida na Cidade" (City Life), I do think this EP will focus more on life in the city during the day rather than night. I mean, it makes sense considering GT was the last EP and has a lot of partying and night life going on, plus EA's surveys about cities were focused more on day activities "street market, food carts, laundromats, community events). So yes, I can see them adding playground objects for kids to make parks look more full. It would go well with the theme, in my opinion, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. And other than that, I don't really see any family play added in this EP. I see them going for apartments and/or penthouses as the main feature and a new world obviously, which will be hyped as much as Windenburg was. Everything else will probably be minor things. That is, if GT's content is anything to go by...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    From the title "Vida na Cidade" (City Life), I do think this EP will focus more on life in the city during the day rather than night. I mean, it makes sense considering GT was the last EP and has a lot of partying and night life going on, plus EA's surveys about cities were focused more on day activities "street market, food carts, laundromats, community events). So yes, I can see them adding playground objects for kids to make parks look more full. It would go well with the theme, in my opinion, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. And other than that, I don't really see any family play added in this EP. I see them going for apartments and/or penthouses as the main feature and a new world obviously, which will be hyped as much as Windenburg was. Everything else will probably be minor things. That is, if GT's content is anything to go by...

Too late.

I love this idea so much and when you put it like that it actually would make a lot of sense... but these are dangerous signs for possible future disappointment ;)

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    City Life would mean both day and night...it wouldn't close...because it says city life meaning both....a city would have a day life and a night life...
  • Options
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

This, and the survey descriptions are usually way off, i recall the GTW one mentioning being able to be a maid and i think they didn't even mentioned retail.
    Sometimes things don't go according to plan when making this game or a part of it. That's why there are so many bugs in this game.

• Options
    City Life would mean both day and night...it wouldn't close...because it says city life meaning both....a city would have a day life and a night life...
    City Life is not how I would have put it to describe both day and night in the city. I would have worded it as [A city that never sleeps] to describe day and night in the life of a city.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2016
    Uh, no. I expect it to be superhero pack mixed with some sort of apartment building.

ETA: Or more than not, a Mayor job where you have ten to do list, and no superhero. I expect it to be a place you travel to perform these duties. GTW.2.0
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Apartments, a big city, superheros, and Humans? Sounds a Superman and Louis Lane in an apartment moment to me. :p
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    a city structure is one of the things this iteration needs

but as this game is set up, disected into "worlds" with inaccessible & unchangeable backdrops, connected not from those backdrops but from a panel with giant circles advertising destinations to buy i don't own, it's still nothing but an app

& why are those destinations called "worlds" ?

i have meantime no expectations whatsoever
    i am rather surprised TS4 is developed further at all :tongue:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Are you saying that you would rather have "bits" of generations but no generations pack?
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    This sounds great! I loved TS2 apartments.
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif