The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inventors make AMAZING gardeners.

So, I sent my current inventor sim Arthur Wells, to Stones Throw Greenhouse last night, thinking he could pick up some fruit for pancakes. While I was throwing some stuff in the composter I realized the Harvester was usable, so I figured why not see what he picks up. OMG, he starts vacuuming away, his gardening was going up like crazy! He vacuumed up all the harvestables and the seeds too. I don't know why, but I never suspected you could garden with an invention.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've tried using the harvester before on gardens, but never had good luck with it. Maybe it picked up 20% of the harvest. After having my sim use it a few times I just gave up on it. I found it easier to click Tend Garden and then go focus on another sim. Maybe I'll try it again someday.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Hm, I think my sim got more than 20% of it, but then again, at the Stones Throw Greenhouse, you can just pick up some sunflower stuff and make all the plants bear fruit again right away.
    I usually don't try and get sims who aren't into gardening, to garden, and this sim in particular mostly only leaves the house for inventing/adventure related stuff, he doesn't have time for traditional gardening! :D