Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yay ep3

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    So far its just a rumor, but getting elevators and apartment functionality would be nice, as well as mixed residential/business lots. Escalators would be fun too, and they haven't done that in any prior EP or stuff pack. Here in Seattle, it isn't unusual to have a business on the ground floor, and condos in the stories above. I miss SimTower, by the way. Also, if they add a venue for a movie theater, and a ticket taking functionality to the game that can be added to community lots, that would add a lot to the game. A sports stadium, even as a rabbithole, would be nice too.
    They could add in an option of having two sims race against each other on escalators that are going in the opposite direction that they are racing in. Say like two sim racing against each other down the escalators that are going up to the next floor. That would be funny to see since both sims won't be going anywhere. They would be running in place as if they were running on a treadmill. :D

• Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Hm if this EP is true, I'd love me a city world. Problem is I get the feeling this will about partying social life again...
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I so hope this is true I loved the city ep in ts3
  • Options
    There's just one problem with that. The city world in Sims 3 Late Night was an open world. The city world in Live In The City would have to be like the world in Sims 2 Night Life, a closed world. Since Sims 4 doesn't have open worlds in it.

• Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    There's just one problem with that. The city world in Sims 3 Late Night was an open world. The city world in Live In The City would have to be like the world in Sims 2 Night Life, a closed world. Since Sims 4 doesn't have open worlds in it.

oh yeah I didn't think about that..I was just excited about getting new content lol
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It is all rumor and false until Maxis says it is real. :)

Its posted on sims community why is it false?

Because it isn't an official outlet. A fan site.

Actually, it was posted on the website for video game classifications in Brazil, an organization akin to the ESRB or PEGI. Sims Community just linked to that. The fact that it was posted on the official website of the organization responsible for rating video games in Brazil is much more credible than it being posted on some fansite.

Organizations like the ESRB, PEGI or Brazil's Ministério da Justiça get their information directly from EA and other game companies and then they give the games a rating based on the standards for their locales. There's little chance that this isn't the real deal.

• Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    What could be some other careers besides a Political career in a city?

• Options
    aww was hoping it is true :s:(
    The last two leaks that were taken down just shortly after they went up turned out to be true. So this leak about Live In The City could very well be another one of those cases.

it has to be true!!
  • Options

oh yeah I didn't think about that..I was just excited about getting new content lol
    That's understandable! :wink:

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Actually, it was posted on the website for video game classifications in Brazil, an organization akin to the ESRB or PEGI. Sims Community just linked to that. The fact that it was posted on the official website of the organization responsible for rating video games in Brazil is much more credible than it being posted on some fansite.

Organizations like the ESRB, PEGI or Brazil's Ministério da Justiça get their information directly from EA and other game companies and then they give the games a rating based on the stands for their locales.

I'd still deem it as a rumor until proven by Maxis. :)

It was a leak, and I don't think that Maxis wants it known, but that does not make it fake. I don't think that video game classifications in Brazil would have posted it, if it did not come from a reliable source. So this just might be true.
    Don't forget how the FBI oh sorry meant Maxis is very secretive. We get nothing around her but speculation and they still say nothing. Glad someone leaked something.

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Only hope that the apts are like sims 2 and not sims 3. Loved the apts in Sims 2. I will be looking forward to Life in the City until it is proven fake and not by simmers. I
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I hope this is fake I do not want cities I want beaches and seasons and dare I said T
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    Evalen wrote: »

Organizations like the ESRB, PEGI or Brazil's Ministério da Justiça get their information directly from EA and other game companies and then they give the games a rating based on the stands for their locales.

It was a leak, and I don't think that Maxis wants it known, but that does not make it fake. I don't think that video game classifications in Brazil would have posted it, if it did not come from a reliable source. So this just might be true.
    Don't forget how the FBI oh sorry meant Maxis is very secretive. We get nothing around her but speculation and they still say nothing. Glad someone leaked something.
    I have to agree with Evalen on this.
    I love the FBI bit. That bit about how Maxis seems to be like The FBI when it comes to being secretive, that was funny and is making me laugh.
    Nice one Evalen! :D<3

• Options
    Only hope that the apts are like sims 2 and not sims 3. Loved the apts in Sims 2. I will be looking forward to Life in the City until it is proven fake and not by simmers. I
    I just hope that they don't add a loading screen when a sim is traveling to another apt that's on the same lot that they live on. That would be entirely ridiculous to have in a game where the loading screen is only triggered when sim is traveling from one lot to another in my opinion.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

I have to agree with Evalen on this.
    I love the FBI bit. That bit about how Maxis seems to be like The FBI when it comes to being secretive, that was funny and is making me laugh.
    Nice one Evalen! :D<3

I got a good laugh from that also. :smile:
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm excited if this is real, this is a really good opportunity to bring bicycles back into the game, even if sims just ride off the screen into a loading screen. Stationary bikes too, since it's basically the same animation and we need more fitness equipment.

Traits like "vegetarian" and "vegan" will work really well with the theme. They also better bring back firefighters, burglars and police npcs as well as the politician, education and law careers.

Finally, I mentioned this elsewhere but hopefully they increase the food diversity by bringing back things like chinese takeout and sushi.
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I'm excited if this is real, this is a really good opportunity to bring bicycles back into the game, even if sims just ride off the screen into a loading screen. Stationary bikes too, since it's basically the same animation and we need more fitness equipment.

Traits like "vegetarian" and "vegan" will work really well with the theme. They also better bring back firefighters, burglars and police npcs as well as the politician, education and law careers.

Finally, I mentioned this elsewhere but hopefully they increase the food diversity by bringing back things like chinese takeout and sushi.
    I like that, bicycles can be added and used to increase a sim's fitness skill.