Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    edited August 2016
    It is all rumor and false until Maxis says it is real. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member

Its posted on sims community why is it false?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Because it isn't an official outlet. A fan site.
    edited August 2016

Sims Community is not owned by Maxis. :)
    @Colton147147
    @OEII1001

Did you bother to read the link?
    @Colton147147
    @OEII1001

Yes I did. I especially read this part:

Sims Community is one of the largest Community websites for The Sims Series. We offer up-to-date news, unique articles, helpful tutorials and more!

We are not affiliated with Electronic Arts or its licensors. Trademarks mentioned on this website are the property of their respective owners.
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2016
    True, we don't know for 100% if this is just a simple rumor or if this is actually being worked on. I guess we just need to wait until they announce it themselves.

But I really hope it's not a rumor! It sounds cool.

Ministero de Justiça is not owned by Maxis.
    aww was hoping it is true :s:(
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited August 2016
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Actually, it was posted on the website for video game classifications in Brazil, an organization akin to the ESRB or PEGI. Sims Community just linked to that. The fact that it was posted on the official website of the organization responsible for rating video games in Brazil is much more credible than it being posted on some fansite.

Organizations like the ESRB, PEGI or Brazil's Ministério da Justiça get their information directly from EA and other game companies and then they give the games a rating based on the standards for their locales. There's little chance that this isn't the real deal.
    Actually, it was posted on the website for video game classifications in Brazil, an organization akin to the ESRB or PEGI. Sims Community just linked to that. The fact that it was posted on the official website of the organization responsible for rating video games in Brazil is much more credible than it being posted on some fansite.

Organizations like the ESRB, PEGI or Brazil's Ministério da Justiça get their information directly from EA and other game companies and then they give the games a rating based on the stands for their locales.

I'd still deem it as a rumor until proven by Maxis. :)

Organizations like the ESRB, PEGI or Brazil's Ministério da Justiça get their information directly from EA and other game companies and then they give the games a rating based on the stands for their locales.

Uh huh. And until there is word from Maxis itself then it is just conjecture. Besides, there's a big ol' thread that got moved to the Expansion Forum with all the speculation one's little heart may desire. But that's all it is. Speculation.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    there's another thread about this EP over in the EP area-it was oringally here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The last two leaks that were taken down just shortly after they went up turned out to be true. So this leak about Live In The City could very well be another one of those cases.

sunman502 wrote: »
    The last two leaks that were taken down just shortly after they went up turned out to be true. So this leak about Live In The City could very well be another one of those cases.

I really hope so.. I think it is real lol
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2016
    So far its just a rumor, but getting elevators and apartment functionality would be nice, as well as mixed residential/business lots. Escalators would be fun too, and they haven't done that in any prior EP or stuff pack. Here in Seattle, it isn't unusual to have a business on the ground floor, and condos in the stories above. I miss SimTower, by the way. Also, if they add a venue for a movie theater, and a ticket taking functionality to the game that can be added to community lots, that would add a lot to the game. A sports stadium, even as a rabbithole, would be nice too.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    Uh huh. And until there is word from Maxis itself then it is just conjecture. Besides, there's a big ol' thread that got moved to the Expansion Forum with all the speculation one's little heart may desire. But that's all it is. Speculation.

How is it conjecture? These are high-level associations that are government entities in some cases with a listing for a video game. You can't argue with a source like that. The only thing that's arguable is whether the Ministério da Justiça updated their site too early.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Have you read the thread in EP bit about this? It's the same. And there is evidence suggesting it's true though
    giphy_1.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    What could be some other careers besides a Political career in a city?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

Garbage collection?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Hows about performing live shows in the city as a new career?

• ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    All my pretty posts deleted. Don't like specuations anymore. :(
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Shakuahi wrote: »

Your posts in the other topic are still there. It was moved to the Expansion Packs section. You can find them by clicking on your Profile, then Comments.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    Shakuahi wrote: »

Your posts in the other topic are still there. It was moved to the Expansion Packs section. You can find them by clicking on your Profile, then Comments.

Oh, you're right... :) 🐸🐸🐸🐸, now everyone knows that they weren't that pretty after all. ;) Sorry about that, people were all mad saying that 'EA will start cleaning' and stuff so when I saw now speculations topic I simply assumed that it was deleted. Thanks!
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't know how to feel about that.

If it's true, I'm looking forward to a city world... but it also depends how it's mapped out.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif