March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this some sort of a joke?

2...Next

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Dude I feel your pain but we can now change the skin color of our Sims phone. Ain't that awesome.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    Don't you know you can't speak for everyone? I don't care how much engineering knowledge you have, their product does not work perfectly. Not even close. The last two points are your opinion and don't depend on your 'engineering knowledge' anyway.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation (claiming bugs are nonexistent and the result of 'user incompetence' is insulting and not constructive) then you should avoid posting. That level of ignorance matches that of some other posters who use hateful speech to try and prove their points.

I'm not stating that there is no problem to be solved however the majority of those failures can be prevented with basic user education and calling the developers liars daily certainly isn't constructive in any way. I've never stated that I was speaking for everyone and my assertions are objective:
    • The product meets specifications.
    • The developers have not lied about their intentions or the capabilities of the product.
    • The product is technologically superior to the offerings of competitors.
    • The product is not 'broken' by any definition.
    • The product is as functional and stable as previous iterations.
    • The majority of reported failures are directly resultant of user error or lack of technical support.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Don't you know you can't speak for everyone? I don't care how much engineering knowledge you have, their product does not work perfectly. Not even close. The last two points are your opinion and don't depend on your 'engineering knowledge' anyway.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation (claiming bugs are nonexistent and the result of 'user incompetence' is insulting and not constructive) then you should avoid posting. That level of ignorance matches that of some other posters who use hateful speech to try and prove their points.

I'm not stating that there is no problem to be solved however the majority of those failures can be prevented with basic user education and calling the developers liars daily certainly isn't constructive in any way. I've never stated that I was speaking for everyone and my assertions are objective:
    • The product meets specifications.
    • The developers have not lied about their intentions or the capabilities of the product.
    • The product is technologically superior to the offerings of competitors.
    • The product is not 'broken' by any definition.
    • The product is as functional and stable as previous iterations.
    • The majority of reported failures are directly resultant of user error or lack of technical support.

They haven't been truthful with us, either. They never said ANYTHING about culling before launch, or after when sims started vanishing and nobody knew why. Same story with relationship culling, they snuck that in under the radar, too. Ditto relationship decay.

One offhand comment from SGNick does not a docs file make. They are NOT telling us the truth, about a LOT of what's going on with this game.

Who really knows what else they may be lying by omission to us about?

I guess we'll find out when the next "big" piece lands, what they'll have to take away from us that WE ALREADY BOUGHT to make room for their new junk. The capabilities of the product seem to be very limited. Give and take. Give us lights and cell phone covers, and take away our people and our stories. Pretty lousy trade off, and they NEVER warn us BEFORE they drop these game-destroyers on us.

Please, will somebody SHOW ME where there's actual EA-produced documentation on ANY of the culling, relationship culling, or relationship decay routines?

I'm not talking about random forum comments, I'm talking about real, user-level, game FAQ type documentation. (Like the booklets they put in with store copies... I miss those!)

Can anybody?

As for the last statement, this would be the first Sims game EVER where it seems they possibly should have added "Engineering experience" to the Minimum Requirements.

People who do not have a coding background shouldn't feel forced to pick up a whole new skill set just to have a working copy of a game THEY PAID FOR expecting to be able to PLAY.

• MyndrunnerMyndrunner Posts: 86 Member
    I have none of those issues, my restaurants work fine. Sometimes an employee will miss work, that's normal even in real life. It would be nice if we could call in a temp worker but the game lacks that option.

Yeah, I figured this was part of running the restaurant. I would like to see the option (or maybe a perk that can be earned) where you can create a schedule for your employees. Also, it would be cool if you were able to hire a mixologist and schedule employees.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure that a lot goes into fixing bugs that is way over my head. If they were easy fixes, IMO, they would be fixed by now.....so maybe they aren't that easy to fix, especially stuff that is base game related.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Myndrunner wrote: »
    I have none of those issues, my restaurants work fine. Sometimes an employee will miss work, that's normal even in real life. It would be nice if we could call in a temp worker but the game lacks that option.

Yeah, I figured this was part of running the restaurant. I would like to see the option (or maybe a perk that can be earned) where you can create a schedule for your employees. Also, it would be cool if you were able to hire a mixologist and schedule employees.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure that a lot goes into fixing bugs that is way over my head. If they were easy fixes, IMO, they would be fixed by now.....so maybe they aren't that easy to fix, especially stuff that is base game related.

Maybe, but I have to think they just aren't working on what WE would like to see them fixing. Their priorities are not the same as ours. Some things we've been begging for *shouldn't* be taking them this long to pull together.

I've seen how long it takes Deaderpool to add something new to MC, to counter some new fireball EA has lobbed at us. Not long, usually. If he can fix some of their wonky routines in a timely manner, in his spare time... why can't they seem to make some things work at all, 2 years later, when they've been getting paid all along to work on improving the game?

• QuickThingsQuickThings Posts: 20 New Member
    Forest_Ninja - I think the major ask here based off the comments submitted by users after your posts is that you stop offending others via your replies which btw, are unfortunately not on point and without merit as none of your statements is true: none of us called the developers liars here or the product being 'broken' (we all love and play the game, we buy new packs etc. - we would not be if your claims were correct to any extent) - please kindly read EA's ToS (Terms of Service) and T&C (Terms and Conditions) to understand what we are talking about, or any of your other claims/statements. It would be mature of you to upgrade the language you are using and the comments you are posting here just a tiny notch ;-)

Thanks for your compliance ;-)

Back to the on point discussion, egwarhammer and ebuchala - it is definitely a matter of prioritization and resources in place and as you wrote hence our frustration and surprise e.g., Stuff Packs (tons of fixes over the past two months) over Game Packs (close to none). Can anyone add a Guru here so that they can provide more context maybe on why it looks the way it does?

Thank you!
    Forest_Ninja - I think the major ask here based off the comments submitted by users after your posts is that you stop offending others via your replies which btw, are unfortunately not on point and without merit as none of your statements is true: none of us called the developers liars here or the product being 'broken' (we all love and play the game, we buy new packs etc. - we would not be if your claims were correct to any extent) - please kindly read EA's ToS (Terms of Service) and T&C (Terms and Conditions) to understand what we are talking about, or any of your other claims/statements. It would be mature of you to upgrade the language you are using and the comments you are posting here just a tiny notch ;-)

Thanks for your compliance ;-)

Back to the on point discussion, egwarhammer and ebuchala - it is definitely a matter of prioritization and resources in place and as you wrote hence our frustration and surprise e.g., Stuff Packs (tons of fixes over the past two months) over Game Packs (close to none). Can anyone add a Guru here so that they can provide more context maybe on why it looks the way it does?

Thank you!

I can quote those exact statements in fact: "They lied" and "The Sims 4 is broken" even from those who are responding to the support threads.

Regardless, I can see that there's no need for defense so good luck and I will expect correction of any real issues that I encounter - I've reported a fairly large list myself. It's time to stop presenting this as a community and actually support the product.

Thank you for your compliance. :D
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Sorry that you are having those issues. I am currently not having any. I am loving it. Hope you can get your game fixed.
    edited August 2016
    They haven't been truthful with us, either. They never said ANYTHING about culling before launch, or after when sims started vanishing and nobody knew why. Same story with relationship culling, they snuck that in under the radar, too. Ditto relationship decay.

One offhand comment from SGNick does not a docs file make. They are NOT telling us the truth, about a LOT of what's going on with this game.

Who really knows what else they may be lying by omission to us about?

I guess we'll find out when the next "big" piece lands, what they'll have to take away from us that WE ALREADY BOUGHT to make room for their new junk. The capabilities of the product seem to be very limited. Give and take. Give us lights and cell phone covers, and take away our people and our stories. Pretty lousy trade off, and they NEVER warn us BEFORE they drop these game-destroyers on us.

Please, will somebody SHOW ME where there's actual EA-produced documentation on ANY of the culling, relationship culling, or relationship decay routines?

I'm not talking about random forum comments, I'm talking about real, user-level, game FAQ type documentation. (Like the booklets they put in with store copies... I miss those!)

Can anybody?

As for the last statement, this would be the first Sims game EVER where it seems they possibly should have added "Engineering experience" to the Minimum Requirements.

People who do not have a coding background shouldn't feel forced to pick up a whole new skill set just to have a working copy of a game THEY PAID FOR expecting to be able to PLAY.

The dishonest practices are clearly visible and I don't really care what they're hiding since I don't believe that they're obligated to provide progress notifications. Regarding documentation, I'd like to know which part of the user agreement authorizes EA, Maxis, or whoever manages their deployment system to remove or disable assets which I've paid for, or force updates and modifications which I have no interest in. I can see that most players don't care for the 'challenges' since they obviously don't find them challenging and I personally would rather not even see any of the content.