This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Simguru Daniels response about oceans in sims 4

Comments

  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Well he's right about the terrain. If sims were able to walk into bodies of water surely they'd hardcore clip through the ground and possibly fall out of the world. There is literally no actual ocean terrain in water, it's a really low definition grass texture. Go into free-cam mode and see for yourself. (Windenburg, specifically)
    [/list]

    Exactly the case, but of course, everyone wants a Sims 4 Pity party, so comments with reason like this, are going to be ignored.

    The Sims 3 has an advantage of world aspects, there's no disputing that. But the Sims 4 was never about the "worlds". Neither was The Sims 1 and 2.

    It was a selling point of 3.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm not at all surprised. The way the game's worlds work would simply not allow for it. If anything, TS4 may be lucky to get TS2 styled beaches. They were very specific lots where your Sim would only be able to swim in a VERY small, confined area. It was nothing more than a glorified pool.

    MTS_Irma-704432-DC_Back_1.jpg

    Then Sims 3 came along and completely blew the beach experience out of the water (pun intended). Take a look -- this entire area you are able to swim in. You could swim to far off islands, take a boat and quickly navigate around, ride a houseboat, go deep-sea diving, etc. And this is only a tiny portion of this world. The Sims 4 is simply not capable of this.

    670?cb=20130405145520

    All in all, this game is INCREDIBLY limited when put next to both of its predecessors, The Sims 2, and especially The Sims 3. EA is better at coming up with excuse Tweets than creating a fun life simulation that truly innovates upon its predecessors.

    This is what I was afraid of for TS4. We may not even get to scuba dive. What about mermaids? The kraken? Boating? What would be the point of houseboats then? Will we even need a lifeguard? So we may just get a lot with a "pool" and call it a beach? :(

    As gorgeous as IP was, I still couldn't scuba dive. Could barely swim. The routing issues in that EP were horrific. We actually have no idea what they will end up doing for this game, at this point.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm not at all surprised. The way the game's worlds work would simply not allow for it. If anything, TS4 may be lucky to get TS2 styled beaches. They were very specific lots where your Sim would only be able to swim in a VERY small, confined area. It was nothing more than a glorified pool.

    MTS_Irma-704432-DC_Back_1.jpg

    Then Sims 3 came along and completely blew the beach experience out of the water (pun intended). Take a look -- this entire area you are able to swim in. You could swim to far off islands, take a boat and quickly navigate around, ride a houseboat, go deep-sea diving, etc. And this is only a tiny portion of this world. The Sims 4 is simply not capable of this.

    670?cb=20130405145520

    All in all, this game is INCREDIBLY limited when put next to both of its predecessors, The Sims 2, and especially The Sims 3. EA is better at coming up with excuse Tweets than creating a fun life simulation that truly innovates upon its predecessors.

    This is what I was afraid of for TS4. We may not even get to scuba dive. What about mermaids? The kraken? Boating? What would be the point of houseboats then? Will we even need a lifeguard? So we may just get a lot with a "pool" and call it a beach? :(

    As gorgeous as IP was, I still couldn't scuba dive. Could barely swim. The routing issues in that EP were horrific. We actually have no idea what they will end up doing for this game, at this point.

    No, the issues were all centred in the world that came with the EP not it's features, for the most part. Most worked well outside of that world, so if you had a custom world with underwater lots well made it would be fine, or even if you fixed Isla Paradiso like I was able to do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    edited August 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    What happened to being capable of making our dreams and desires come true?

    They can, in deep water. Which we don't have yet.

    If your dreams and desires are Sims swimming in a glorified puddle, then sorry for quoting xD
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    well... that's disappointing. ts3 was ahead of its time, apparently.

    How does that mean anything? All it means it that they had different focuses.

    Yes, one focuses on being a sims game and a life simulation (aka TS3), the other doesn't (aka TS4).

    Actually, The Sims was never about the world. The Sims 3 had the least focus on Life Simulation, seeing as the majority of the game focuses on the world aspect, and "adventures" and "quests".

    Most of the "life simulator" content in The Sims 3 isn't new and is just taken from The Sims 2.
    The Sims 3's new content had very little to do with Life Simulation, compared to 1,2 or 4.
    For me if I was to believe Sims 3 was less about life simulation and more about others things I say it was great because I had fun and Sims 4 has yet to show me that level of fun to be had, another thing Sims series was never serious life simulation.

    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    well... that's disappointing. ts3 was ahead of its time, apparently.

    How does that mean anything? All it means it that they had different focuses.

    Yes, one focuses on being a sims game and a life simulation (aka TS3), the other doesn't (aka TS4).

    Actually they're both Sims games (shocking, I know. It's not like it's in the title) And they just have different focuses on life.

    One is a simulator for many different kind of players and the other is a barely finished simulator that only appeals to a small group of its former fans. So in my humble opinion s4 should've been named differently, it's not worthy of being a full Sims game. Maybe they could've named it Sims Community like Sims 3 had Sims Medieval. That might've worked way better...

    Only appeals to a small group of fans? The game has surpassed 5 million copies sold. And even if only half of those like it, I'd hardly call that small.

    They're both games for many different types of players, just because they don't appeal to the same ones don't make it more or less of a Sims games.

    I'm glad you like it, but all I see is universal disappointment in this game. Many bought it and stopped playing all together. Others went back to Sims 3 because the game bored them so much. Figures don't always show the truth. I'm a Sims collector so I had to have the game and seriously try it.

    I bet Sims 1, 2 and 3 did better and they kept doing good as long as they lived (except that EA/Maxis already failed at fixing bugs in their previous games...)

    If Sims 4 was the first game in the series without the great predecessors it would never have sold so many copies.

    Mad or disappointed players are almost always the most vocal on social media, so don't let them fool you. The game continues to have dozens of thousands of players on at a time almost 2 years after release, most games don't even come close to reaching TS4's in their entire lifetime. Comparing TS4's numbers to Steam's. We can see that TS4 remains one of the largest PC games out there.

    Yep, but those mad and disappointed players don't want to hear this. They don't want to hear a game they don't like is doing well, so they pretend it's doing bad and it's worse than it is.

    They want a game that's exactly how they want a Sims game, despite the fact no Sims game is the same and all of them are very different.

    The Sims 2 is praised as the best Sims game ever. And yet The Sims 4 has the potential to offer more than what The Sims 2 has (with beach worlds) and people stick their nose up.

    It's typical on this site that people dissatisfied with the game, over-do the game's limitations, because it;s more entertaining than playing another Sims game.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    What happened to being capable of making our dreams and desires come true?

    They can, in deep water. Which we don't have yet.

    If your dreams and desires are Sims swimming in a glorified puddle, then sorry for quoting xD
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    well... that's disappointing. ts3 was ahead of its time, apparently.

    How does that mean anything? All it means it that they had different focuses.

    Yes, one focuses on being a sims game and a life simulation (aka TS3), the other doesn't (aka TS4).

    Actually, The Sims was never about the world. The Sims 3 had the least focus on Life Simulation, seeing as the majority of the game focuses on the world aspect, and "adventures" and "quests".

    Most of the "life simulator" content in The Sims 3 isn't new and is just taken from The Sims 2.
    The Sims 3's new content had very little to do with Life Simulation, compared to 1,2 or 4.
    For me if I was to believe Sims 3 was less about life simulation and more about others things I say it was great because I had fun and Sims 4 has yet to show me that level of fun to be had.

    Hear, hear!

    (I agree :#)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm not at all surprised. The way the game's worlds work would simply not allow for it. If anything, TS4 may be lucky to get TS2 styled beaches. They were very specific lots where your Sim would only be able to swim in a VERY small, confined area. It was nothing more than a glorified pool.

    MTS_Irma-704432-DC_Back_1.jpg

    Then Sims 3 came along and completely blew the beach experience out of the water (pun intended). Take a look -- this entire area you are able to swim in. You could swim to far off islands, take a boat and quickly navigate around, ride a houseboat, go deep-sea diving, etc. And this is only a tiny portion of this world. The Sims 4 is simply not capable of this.

    670?cb=20130405145520

    All in all, this game is INCREDIBLY limited when put next to both of its predecessors, The Sims 2, and especially The Sims 3. EA is better at coming up with excuse Tweets than creating a fun life simulation that truly innovates upon its predecessors.

    This is what I was afraid of for TS4. We may not even get to scuba dive. What about mermaids? The kraken? Boating? What would be the point of houseboats then? Will we even need a lifeguard? So we may just get a lot with a "pool" and call it a beach? :(

    Maybe, like in TS1:

    51395_full.jpg

    In a 2014-2016 game, I have to say: "Oh..the joy!"

    If they made a beach world, it would be more capable than The Sims 2, which is universally declared the best Sims game ever.

    Another example of people not actually reading what a developer says and just assuming the worst.

    Nowhere did SimGuruDaniel say any of this wasn't possible, he said they would have to make a world designed for it, as the existing worlds wouldn't support it.

    But people don't read and instead think "oh so we can never swim outside the pool ever and ever!!111 what dhasdhasidnasldnhasioasiopdj"


    No wonder they don't bother talking about what can and can't be done.

    SimGuruDaniel said there would be no issues with Seasons, and yet people on this site still assume it cannot be done.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Well he's right about the terrain. If sims were able to walk into bodies of water surely they'd hardcore clip through the ground and possibly fall out of the world. There is literally no actual ocean terrain in water, it's a really low definition grass texture. Go into free-cam mode and see for yourself. (Windenburg, specifically)
    [/list]

    Exactly the case, but of course, everyone wants a Sims 4 Pity party, so comments with reason like this, are going to be ignored.

    The Sims 3 has an advantage of world aspects, there's no disputing that. But the Sims 4 was never about the "worlds". Neither was The Sims 1 and 2.

    It was a selling point of 3.

    Which makes s4 a downgraded game. Many great aspects from The Sims 2 and 3 disappeared but it didn't add much in my opinion. Yeahh silly walks... and emotions that are shallow in my humble opinion.

    No it doesn't. Not focusing on the world aspect, doesn't make it downgraded.
    The Sims 2 didn't focus on worlds at all, and it's regarded as the best Sims game ever.

    Devs have already said they have barely scratched the surface of what The Sims 4 has to offer.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    well... that's disappointing. ts3 was ahead of its time, apparently.

    How does that mean anything? All it means it that they had different focuses.

    Yes, one focuses on being a sims game and a life simulation (aka TS3), the other doesn't (aka TS4).

    Actually they're both Sims games (shocking, I know. It's not like it's in the title) And they just have different focuses on life.

    One is a simulator for many different kind of players and the other is a barely finished simulator that only appeals to a small group of its former fans. So in my humble opinion s4 should've been named differently, it's not worthy of being a full Sims game. Maybe they could've named it Sims Community like Sims 3 had Sims Medieval. That might've worked way better...

    Only appeals to a small group of fans? The game has surpassed 5 million copies sold. And even if only half of those like it, I'd hardly call that small.

    They're both games for many different types of players, just because they don't appeal to the same ones don't make it more or less of a Sims games.

    I'm glad you like it, but all I see is universal disappointment in this game. Many bought it and stopped playing all together. Others went back to Sims 3 because the game bored them so much. Figures don't always show the truth. I'm a Sims collector so I had to have the game and seriously try it.

    I bet Sims 1, 2 and 3 did better and they kept doing good as long as they lived (except that EA/Maxis already failed at fixing bugs in their previous games...)

    If Sims 4 was the first game in the series without the great predecessors it would never have sold so many copies.

    Mad or disappointed players are almost always the most vocal on social media, so don't let them fool you. The game continues to have dozens of thousands of players on at a time almost 2 years after release, most games don't even come close to reaching TS4's in their entire lifetime. Comparing TS4's numbers to Steam's. We can see that TS4 remains one of the largest PC games out there.

    I'm only interested in comparisons to it's predecessors. And then I still think this game is the biggest failure ever because I know Sims 3 was sold second handed many times, it was also a game that could be played by poorer gamers. So Sims 1, 2 and 3 sales are even way higher than what we see. Or things like sharing with siblings. My sister and I shared our Sims games. Later I shared with my other sister and after that I even shared with a friend of mine. Split the costs and both enjoy it.

    Come to the Netherlands see how many people try to get rid of their Sims 4 copy "got it for my Bday, played once, didn't like it." I know for sure that of those 5 million copies AT LEAST half ended up on a shelf to never be played again.

    But again, I'm glad you like it and even think it's a game worth to be defended.

    You know nothing for sure. Like I said, dissatisfied players are always the most vocal and basing your argument on a few thousand players out of millions is absurd. I'd extremely, highly doubt if even %5 of those at least 5 million refunded, not to even mention the absurd %50 you seem so bent on.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    well... that's disappointing. ts3 was ahead of its time, apparently.

    How does that mean anything? All it means it that they had different focuses.

    Yes, one focuses on being a sims game and a life simulation (aka TS3), the other doesn't (aka TS4).

    Actually they're both Sims games (shocking, I know. It's not like it's in the title) And they just have different focuses on life.

    One is a simulator for many different kind of players and the other is a barely finished simulator that only appeals to a small group of its former fans. So in my humble opinion s4 should've been named differently, it's not worthy of being a full Sims game. Maybe they could've named it Sims Community like Sims 3 had Sims Medieval. That might've worked way better...

    Only appeals to a small group of fans? The game has surpassed 5 million copies sold. And even if only half of those like it, I'd hardly call that small.

    They're both games for many different types of players, just because they don't appeal to the same ones don't make it more or less of a Sims games.

    I'm glad you like it, but all I see is universal disappointment in this game. Many bought it and stopped playing all together. Others went back to Sims 3 because the game bored them so much. Figures don't always show the truth. I'm a Sims collector so I had to have the game and seriously try it.

    I bet Sims 1, 2 and 3 did better and they kept doing good as long as they lived (except that EA/Maxis already failed at fixing bugs in their previous games...)

    If Sims 4 was the first game in the series without the great predecessors it would never have sold so many copies.

    Mad or disappointed players are almost always the most vocal on social media, so don't let them fool you. The game continues to have dozens of thousands of players on at a time almost 2 years after release, most games don't even come close to reaching TS4's in their entire lifetime. Comparing TS4's numbers to Steam's. We can see that TS4 remains one of the largest PC games out there.

    I'm only interested in comparisons to it's predecessors. And then I still think this game is the biggest failure ever because I know Sims 3 was sold second handed many times, it was also a game that could be played by poorer gamers. So Sims 1, 2 and 3 sales are even way higher than what we see. Or things like sharing with siblings. My sister and I shared our Sims games. Later I shared with my other sister and after that I even shared with a friend of mine. Split the costs and both enjoy it.

    Come to the Netherlands see how many people try to get rid of their Sims 4 copy "got it for my Bday, played once, didn't like it." I know for sure that of those 5 million copies AT LEAST half ended up on a shelf to never be played again.

    But again, I'm glad you like it and even think it's a game worth to be defended.

    You know nothing for sure. Like I said, dissatisfied players are always the most vocal and basing your argument on a few thousand players out of millions is absurd. I'd extremely, highly doubt if even %5 of those at least 5 million refunded, not to even mention the absurd %50 you seem so bent on.

    I never spoke about refunding. I know that's not a big thing in many places because it's a plummy to really get a refund. At least where I live. But I have seen how many put the game away and that really is a very large portion.

    I said half of those games were barely played and put away because it lacks, a lot.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    well... that's disappointing. ts3 was ahead of its time, apparently.

    How does that mean anything? All it means it that they had different focuses.

    Yes, one focuses on being a sims game and a life simulation (aka TS3), the other doesn't (aka TS4).

    Actually they're both Sims games (shocking, I know. It's not like it's in the title) And they just have different focuses on life.

    One is a simulator for many different kind of players and the other is a barely finished simulator that only appeals to a small group of its former fans. So in my humble opinion s4 should've been named differently, it's not worthy of being a full Sims game. Maybe they could've named it Sims Community like Sims 3 had Sims Medieval. That might've worked way better...

    Only appeals to a small group of fans? The game has surpassed 5 million copies sold. And even if only half of those like it, I'd hardly call that small.

    They're both games for many different types of players, just because they don't appeal to the same ones don't make it more or less of a Sims games.

    I'm glad you like it, but all I see is universal disappointment in this game. Many bought it and stopped playing all together. Others went back to Sims 3 because the game bored them so much. Figures don't always show the truth. I'm a Sims collector so I had to have the game and seriously try it.

    I bet Sims 1, 2 and 3 did better and they kept doing good as long as they lived (except that EA/Maxis already failed at fixing bugs in their previous games...)

    If Sims 4 was the first game in the series without the great predecessors it would never have sold so many copies.

    Mad or disappointed players are almost always the most vocal on social media, so don't let them fool you. The game continues to have dozens of thousands of players on at a time almost 2 years after release, most games don't even come close to reaching TS4's in their entire lifetime. Comparing TS4's numbers to Steam's. We can see that TS4 remains one of the largest PC games out there.

    I'm only interested in comparisons to it's predecessors. And then I still think this game is the biggest failure ever because I know Sims 3 was sold second handed many times, it was also a game that could be played by poorer gamers. So Sims 1, 2 and 3 sales are even way higher than what we see. Or things like sharing with siblings. My sister and I shared our Sims games. Later I shared with my other sister and after that I even shared with a friend of mine. Split the costs and both enjoy it.

    Come to the Netherlands see how many people try to get rid of their Sims 4 copy "got it for my Bday, played once, didn't like it." I know for sure that of those 5 million copies AT LEAST half ended up on a shelf to never be played again.

    But again, I'm glad you like it and even think it's a game worth to be defended.

    You know nothing for sure. Like I said, dissatisfied players are always the most vocal and basing your argument on a few thousand players out of millions is absurd. I'd extremely, highly doubt if even %5 of those at least 5 million refunded, not to even mention the absurd %50 you seem so bent on.

    I never spoke about refunding. I know that's not a big thing in many places because it's a plummy to really get a refund. At least where I live. But I have seen how many put the game away and that really is a very large portion.

    I said half of those games were barely played and put away because it lacks, a lot.

    Ah, I see what you're saying, but isn't that true for pretty much any game? Every game has large portion of players that will stop playing after a few sessions, it isn't a Sims 4 thing, it happens to every game. Yes, that includes Sims 1-3 too.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    well... that's disappointing. ts3 was ahead of its time, apparently.

    How does that mean anything? All it means it that they had different focuses.

    Yes, one focuses on being a sims game and a life simulation (aka TS3), the other doesn't (aka TS4).

    Actually they're both Sims games (shocking, I know. It's not like it's in the title) And they just have different focuses on life.

    One is a simulator for many different kind of players and the other is a barely finished simulator that only appeals to a small group of its former fans. So in my humble opinion s4 should've been named differently, it's not worthy of being a full Sims game. Maybe they could've named it Sims Community like Sims 3 had Sims Medieval. That might've worked way better...

    Only appeals to a small group of fans? The game has surpassed 5 million copies sold. And even if only half of those like it, I'd hardly call that small.

    They're both games for many different types of players, just because they don't appeal to the same ones don't make it more or less of a Sims games.

    I'm glad you like it, but all I see is universal disappointment in this game. Many bought it and stopped playing all together. Others went back to Sims 3 because the game bored them so much. Figures don't always show the truth. I'm a Sims collector so I had to have the game and seriously try it.

    I bet Sims 1, 2 and 3 did better and they kept doing good as long as they lived (except that EA/Maxis already failed at fixing bugs in their previous games...)

    If Sims 4 was the first game in the series without the great predecessors it would never have sold so many copies.

    Mad or disappointed players are almost always the most vocal on social media, so don't let them fool you. The game continues to have dozens of thousands of players on at a time almost 2 years after release, most games don't even come close to reaching TS4's in their entire lifetime. Comparing TS4's numbers to Steam's. We can see that TS4 remains one of the largest PC games out there.

    I'm only interested in comparisons to it's predecessors. And then I still think this game is the biggest failure ever because I know Sims 3 was sold second handed many times, it was also a game that could be played by poorer gamers. So Sims 1, 2 and 3 sales are even way higher than what we see. Or things like sharing with siblings. My sister and I shared our Sims games. Later I shared with my other sister and after that I even shared with a friend of mine. Split the costs and both enjoy it.

    Come to the Netherlands see how many people try to get rid of their Sims 4 copy "got it for my Bday, played once, didn't like it." I know for sure that of those 5 million copies AT LEAST half ended up on a shelf to never be played again.

    But again, I'm glad you like it and even think it's a game worth to be defended.

    You know nothing for sure. Like I said, dissatisfied players are always the most vocal and basing your argument on a few thousand players out of millions is absurd. I'd extremely, highly doubt if even %5 of those at least 5 million refunded, not to even mention the absurd %50 you seem so bent on.

    I never spoke about refunding. I know that's not a big thing in many places because it's a plummy to really get a refund. At least where I live. But I have seen how many put the game away and that really is a very large portion.

    I said half of those games were barely played and put away because it lacks, a lot.

    Ah, I see what you're saying, but isn't that true for pretty much any game? Every game has large portion of players that will stop playing after a few sessions, it isn't a Sims 4 thing, it happens to every game. Yes, that includes Sims 1-3 too.

    Well, I haven't seen as many drop outs with the previous games. There's even a large group that dropped s4 to go back to The Sims 3 and even The Sims 2.

    I wonder would it be against privacy rules for EA to see how many hours on average people spend in a game? I think s4 would be way lower than other games that are offered on Origin.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Well he's right about the terrain. If sims were able to walk into bodies of water surely they'd hardcore clip through the ground and possibly fall out of the world. There is literally no actual ocean terrain in water, it's a really low definition grass texture. Go into free-cam mode and see for yourself. (Windenburg, specifically)
    [/list]

    Exactly the case, but of course, everyone wants a Sims 4 Pity party, so comments with reason like this, are going to be ignored.

    The Sims 3 has an advantage of world aspects, there's no disputing that. But the Sims 4 was never about the "worlds". Neither was The Sims 1 and 2.

    It was a selling point of 3.

    Which makes s4 a downgraded game. Many great aspects from The Sims 2 and 3 disappeared but it didn't add much in my opinion. Yeahh silly walks... and emotions that are shallow in my humble opinion.

    No it doesn't. Not focusing on the world aspect, doesn't make it downgraded.
    The Sims 2 didn't focus on worlds at all, and it's regarded as the best Sims game ever.

    Devs have already said they have barely scratched the surface of what The Sims 4 has to offer.
    In some areas there are downgrades and Imho it does not make it good in those areas that was regressed such as loading screens, that alone is an downgrade because it should move forward without using loading screens and knowing how to tweak it's games to get the most out of it. Of course Sims 2 was not about worlds it was more about the sim at that time. But here you have Sims 4 and for me I wish I could figure what this version is about? Games should be evolving and not desolving and Imho Sims 4 is not evolving. Sims 4 is not all bad but if they not scratching the surface of Sims 4, I would like to know what are they exactly hitting.

    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Well he's right about the terrain. If sims were able to walk into bodies of water surely they'd hardcore clip through the ground and possibly fall out of the world. There is literally no actual ocean terrain in water, it's a really low definition grass texture. Go into free-cam mode and see for yourself. (Windenburg, specifically)
    [/list]

    Exactly the case, but of course, everyone wants a Sims 4 Pity party, so comments with reason like this, are going to be ignored.

    The Sims 3 has an advantage of world aspects, there's no disputing that. But the Sims 4 was never about the "worlds". Neither was The Sims 1 and 2.

    It was a selling point of 3.

    Which makes s4 a downgraded game. Many great aspects from The Sims 2 and 3 disappeared but it didn't add much in my opinion. Yeahh silly walks... and emotions that are shallow in my humble opinion.

    No it doesn't. Not focusing on the world aspect, doesn't make it downgraded.
    The Sims 2 didn't focus on worlds at all, and it's regarded as the best Sims game ever.

    Devs have already said they have barely scratched the surface of what The Sims 4 has to offer.

    In two years, barely scratching what this game has to offer is just silly. What are they doing, waiting for the game to reach it's final year mark and release the best EP? It's like asking for us not to give them money.

    And TS2 had toddlers, actual teens, much greater detail, actual retail stores you could buy from, carpools, NPC's we are still yet to have!! Terrain and pond tools, multi level windows and foundations that aren't for the whole lot.

    And TS3 had Cast and traits as a selling point as well, which I might add, are much better done there than in TS4. And guess what, toddlers weren't sacrificed in the name of anything, yet in TS4 it seems everything was sacrificed in the name of musical chairs, clipping and dancing emotions.

    THe previous 3 games weren't also told to turn 4-5 years of work on an MMO, into a singleplayer game in a year. BUt I guess that pesky fact keeps getting in the way
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Well he's right about the terrain. If sims were able to walk into bodies of water surely they'd hardcore clip through the ground and possibly fall out of the world. There is literally no actual ocean terrain in water, it's a really low definition grass texture. Go into free-cam mode and see for yourself. (Windenburg, specifically)
    [/list]

    Exactly the case, but of course, everyone wants a Sims 4 Pity party, so comments with reason like this, are going to be ignored.

    The Sims 3 has an advantage of world aspects, there's no disputing that. But the Sims 4 was never about the "worlds". Neither was The Sims 1 and 2.

    It was a selling point of 3.

    Which makes s4 a downgraded game. Many great aspects from The Sims 2 and 3 disappeared but it didn't add much in my opinion. Yeahh silly walks... and emotions that are shallow in my humble opinion.

    No it doesn't. Not focusing on the world aspect, doesn't make it downgraded.
    The Sims 2 didn't focus on worlds at all, and it's regarded as the best Sims game ever.

    Devs have already said they have barely scratched the surface of what The Sims 4 has to offer.
    In some areas there are downgrades and Imho it does not make it good in those areas that was regressed such as loading screens, that alone is an downgrade because it should move forward without using loading screens and knowing how to tweak it's games to get the most out of it. Of course Sims 2 was not about worlds it was more about the sim at that time. But here you have Sims 4 and for me I wish I could figure what this version is about? Games should be evolving and not desolving and Imho Sims 4 is not evolving. Sims 4 is not all bad but if they not scratching the surface of Sims 4, I would like to know what are they exactly hitting.

    Jackpot, because they keep making many little packs instead of as much content in one pack. And I know Sims 3 had the expensive store but a solution came down the line that I can't see happening in s4, watch ads for SimPoints.

    No, I think the focus is on playing young adults ;) and possibly a bit on building, but the new building features are too weak for me to make up for the lack of my own pattern/colour choices!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Well he's right about the terrain. If sims were able to walk into bodies of water surely they'd hardcore clip through the ground and possibly fall out of the world. There is literally no actual ocean terrain in water, it's a really low definition grass texture. Go into free-cam mode and see for yourself. (Windenburg, specifically)
    [/list]

    Exactly the case, but of course, everyone wants a Sims 4 Pity party, so comments with reason like this, are going to be ignored.

    The Sims 3 has an advantage of world aspects, there's no disputing that. But the Sims 4 was never about the "worlds". Neither was The Sims 1 and 2.

    It was a selling point of 3.

    Which makes s4 a downgraded game. Many great aspects from The Sims 2 and 3 disappeared but it didn't add much in my opinion. Yeahh silly walks... and emotions that are shallow in my humble opinion.

    No it doesn't. Not focusing on the world aspect, doesn't make it downgraded.
    The Sims 2 didn't focus on worlds at all, and it's regarded as the best Sims game ever.

    Devs have already said they have barely scratched the surface of what The Sims 4 has to offer.

    In two years, barely scratching what this game has to offer is just silly. What are they doing, waiting for the game to reach it's final year mark and release the best EP? It's like asking for us not to give them money.

    And TS2 had toddlers, actual teens, much greater detail, actual retail stores you could buy from, carpools, NPC's we are still yet to have!! Terrain and pond tools, multi level windows and foundations that aren't for the whole lot.

    And TS3 had Cast and traits as a selling point as well, which I might add, are much better done there than in TS4. And guess what, toddlers weren't sacrificed in the name of anything, yet in TS4 it seems everything was sacrificed in the name of musical chairs, clipping and dancing emotions.

    THe previous 3 games weren't also told to turn 4-5 years of work on an MMO, into a singleplayer game in a year. BUt I guess that pesky fact keeps getting in the way

    They never should have focused on an MMO for The Sims 4 in the first place! That's not what this series was about.

    Maybe change is good, but I don't see how MMO should work well. It hasn't worked that well in their app games and SimCity also failed in MMO.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top