Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for Gamescom Q&A Panel

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    IMHO an early (and later reversed) decision led to the specifying of a game engine that was less than ideal for what they would have liked to do with it now (or what we would have liked to expect based on previously enjoyed features)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Seriously?
    What is the point of asking questions when we know all are we gonna get is "We cannot talk about future content"!!

Then what are you going to talk about?? An SP that was released 2 months ago??

No, they're going to talk about the decision process for inviting someone to be an Influencer, and the role they play, I think. This is actually of interest to those people who wish to join that group and be invited to future EA events, so it has its place.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Relax, halimali. It is what it is. Either play it or don't :) Sorry I really don't mean to sound like I am putting you down, but it was only after I started thinking this way that I was able to get anything out of the game at all, so I was glad I did.
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    edited August 2016
    We will just wait for your announcement of shutting down the sims 4 and the sims franchise as a whole. That is the only news me and at least some other players think we are going to hear from EA officially.

That's the only news I'm waiting now lol

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Seriously?
    What is the point of asking questions when we know all are we gonna get is "We cannot talk about future content"!!

Then what are you going to talk about?? An SP that was released 2 months ago??

No, they're going to talk about the decision process for inviting someone to be an Influencer, and the role they play, I think. This is actually of interest to those people who wish to join that group and be invited to future EA events, so it has its place.

Yes, and this is disappointing. Gamescom is a trade fair for video games with notable announcements and this topic is just not very interesting. I'd love to hear some hints are plans for the future, but I don't care about Influencers. In my opinion its mutual admiration circle. And what we get after? Few articles about how amazing experience it was to participate in this event and exchange inspirational thoughts and ideas. Awesome. Can't wait.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Relax, halimali. It is what it is. Either play it or don't :) Sorry I really don't mean to sound like I am putting you down, but it was only after I started thinking this way that I was able to get anything out of the game at all, so I was glad I did.

I am totally relaxed. And I like the game as well, but I am not liking their slow direction, some of the absurd mechanics and the illusion based game play.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2016
    The only thing I am still waiting for is the next EP. That will be a go or no go for me for sure. There are many awesome games coming out this November, so time to invest in them instead of in this game if the next EP is another let down.

Not going to wait another year for the next EP if the next EP is again plum.
  • Options
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    Yes, and this is disappointing. Gamescom is a trade fair for video games with notable announcements and this topic is just not very interesting. I'd love to hear some hints are plans for the future, but I don't care about Influencers. In my opinion its mutual admiration circle. And what we get after? Few articles about how amazing experience it was to participate in this event and exchange inspirational thoughts and ideas. Awesome. Can't wait.

I think we have already been able to work out that nothing exciting is coming in this particular quarter-year, so in line with their time-sliced reveal policy they really cannot announce anything for TS4 at Gamescom. I mean it would be a bit daft if they had a huge press reveal only to announce "no news this quarter, sorry" lol. Maybe in future years it would be a good idea to try and time an EP to be released in the same quarter as Gamescom!
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    @IngeJones, I know and I understand that but I think that this is the right topic and time to say that not everyone enjoy this policy. :) I like small hints and suggestions, expecially the smart ones so I'd love to hear that they would at least consider changing the PR strategy in the future.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    It is important to get them on record and ask the toddler question even if we know what the answer will be. Why? Because I suspect that they are not working on toddlers and never will release toddlers for Sims 4. Therefore the "future content" self-imposed excuse they have does not apply and cannot apply to toddlers.

If toddlers never get released, we can go back to this Q&A from Gamescom 2016 and ask them again, "Wait, you knew back in 2016 that you had no plans to develop toddlers for Sims 4, yet you refused to answer a simple question, giving the basic excuse that you couldn't talk about future content. Why did you lie to your fans? Toddlers were never future content as it is 2018 now and Sims 5 has been released"!

I think EA is just digging a bigger hole for itself. At some point, the lie gets bigger and bigger and bigger and could have been stopped with the truth, but you have to tell more lies to cover up the initial lie until it all falls apart. It's EA/Maxis's fault that this issue has grown to the point where it is now. All they needed to say was that they have no current plans to develop toddlers and that Sims 4 has a different vision that does not include toddlers. People would then complain, but it would be over. Pretty soon that would be old news, people would keep on mentioning it, but I doubt there would be two or three threads on the first page of the forums about toddlers EVERYDAY for 2 years straight.

Like you, I'd like a straight up answer to the toddler question. However, I do not think this will happen, but in their silence and refusal to answer these questions, based on some arbitrary rule they've conjured up, they have answered. In many respects, more is said via ones silence then by speaking words. In this case, I take their silence as their answer.

And you're right, many of us feel lied to by this studio. Promises were made at the beginning and thus far we've yet to see them make good on them, "a foundation capable of making all of our dreams come true". Hmm....two years in and I've yet to be blown away by the games capabilities.

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @rudy8292
    You should probably wait for the official announcement before making any kind of assumptions about what these boosts are.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @rudy8292
    You should probably wait for the official announcement before making any kind of assumptions about what these boosts are.

I am not making ANY assumptions. This is part of the game files, I did not make any assumption and I did not make any of this up:
    Events have a new “XP” system. Sims can earn XP and trigger a “Triple Boost Week” which will increase the rate a Sim builds job performance, boosts skills, builds friendships, gains aspiration points, or decreases the rate at which their Needs decay (note: this is still referred to as a “Boost Week” despite actually lowering the decay rate). Sims can only have one reward at a time.

For more updated information regarding this event; http://simscommunity.info/2016/08/16/the-sims-4-new-event-system-coming-soon/
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    @rudy8292

I am not making ANY assumptions. This is part of the game files, I did not make any assumption and I did not make any of this up:
    Events have a new “XP” system. Sims can earn XP and trigger a “Triple Boost Week” which will increase the rate a Sim builds job performance, boosts skills, builds friendships, gains aspiration points, or decreases the rate at which their Needs decay (note: this is still referred to as a “Boost Week” despite actually lowering the decay rate). Sims can only have one reward at a time.

For more updated information regarding this event; http://simscommunity.info/2016/08/16/the-sims-4-new-event-system-coming-soon/

And this isn't official information and shouldn't be considered as such. This is Zerbu's assumptions of the way it will work, that doesn't make it true.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top