Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for Gamescom Q&A Panel

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2016
    Deleted.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    I could put up with culling if it is inevitable. But I hate it when the game generates its own sims culling the sims I need. I want to decide myself who to cull. My game - my rules!
    Now I have to delete all generated families "by hand". (Btw, in my game not all generated sims are "deleteable" in the Household Management - they aren't shown there, though they are wandering all over my game. :s )
    Also, it would be great if we were told when there are too many sims in the game (like it happens to Notification Wall now), so that we decide which sims to delete in time. Something like "You're going to exceed the sim limit". ;)
  • PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    Gamescom would have been the perfect opportunity to build stronger relations with fans domestic and afar.

I don't understand why it was decided to use up valuable time to discuss game packs. It seems to me that discussion about game packs and what they have to offer should have been done before deciding to release three of them. And pretty much every one who frequents the forums and other Sims communities knows how far the game has come over the past two years.

The only good that could come out of this is hearing more about what this "live service" is because I've seen it in other games and it looks nothing like the way the Sims team is handling it.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    The Game packs so far have been phenomenal. My question, however, despite that it will not be answered, is, are toddlers ever making a return to Sims 4. No need to answer.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    As for Game Packs - I love all of them. And I love all EPs and SPs. Though I'd like to hear more about future, not the past. sigh
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I don't have any questions. Not anymore. Good luck with your series of panels in explaining to the international community why things are the way they are in ts4 and how they got there. That sounds fascinating.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Gamescom would have been the perfect opportunity to build stronger relations with fans domestic and afar.

I don't understand why it was decided to use up valuable time to discuss game packs. It seems to me that discussion about game packs and what they have to offer should have been done before deciding to release three of them. And pretty much every one who frequents the forums and other Sims communities knows how far the game has come over the past two years.

The only good that could come out of this is hearing more about what this "live service" is because I've seen it in other games and it looks nothing like the way the Sims team is handling it.

I find it very valuable for my time to actually meet our international fans and talk to them face to face. We have talked about what game packs are in the past but there is clearly still some confusion on how they fit in to the grand scheme of things so we want to provide some clarity. Also everyone who frequents the forums and other Sim communities do not know what goes in development or what our production is like, you just have the speculation of members who do not know about our inner workings and so we are going to talk about them. Again, this isn't something that is NDA'd, those who are attending can share what they learn to everyone afterwards.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2016
    The Game packs so far have been phenomenal. My question, however, despite that it will not be answered, is, are toddlers ever making a return to Sims 4. No need to answer.

Don't worry they won't. I mean if they have been asked one question more than any question in the world since sim 4 came out it is that question - and they still avoid it like the Bubonic plague. ( I know I ask that question - A LOT!!! LOL) You don't even need to bother to add "no need to answer" they have proved that for the last 730 plus days of having that asked they never will answer it. A bit insane if you ask me - but then no one is asking me. So just saying.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Yes I agree it would definitely be most helpful if, in addition to the brief "friendly" patch notes there was an in-depth small-print one with a more complete list of changes. Then at least we could refer to it if something unexpected started happening, rather than wasting everyone's time reporting it as a bug.
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    I wonder what would happen if they actually answered the toddler question... I'd say they'd lose a lot of players if the answer was no (which is most likely what it is at this stage). It would be so strange to have a full, frank, honest response from them though.. even if it was bad news.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I wonder what would happen if they actually answered the toddler question... I'd say they'd lose a lot of players if the answer was no (which is most likely what it is at this stage). It would be so strange to have a full, frank, honest response from them though.. even if it was bad news.

They are never going to say: NO! because it will indeed cost them players. They rather keep stringing us along for the ride and being vague and give people little hope year after year so they will keep buying the stuff.. and then it ends......

I agree with you that they're never going to say no but lots of simmers have vowed to no longer purchase content. Everyone has that option.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

They are never going to say: NO! because it will indeed cost them players. They rather keep stringing us along for the ride and being vague and give people little hope year after year so they will keep buying the stuff.. and then it ends......

I agree with you that they're never going to say no but lots of simmers have vowed to no longer purchase content. Everyone has that option.

Yes, but not enough. Obviously the game is doing well enough without the Toddlers, so they don't really care. If we really stopped buying all the stuff they would do it, but as long as the game is doing ''okay'' and they are still making the $$ they don't really have any reason to do it.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I dont even know what to say about this.... Im just going to sit back, drink my tea and watch and see what happens I guess. I'm quite tired of questioning and wondering the same thing and it never being answered. So I'm just going to keep quiet. By a miracle I got all my old Sims 2 stuff back and it has been installed into my computer so I going to go down memory lane and have a splendid time with family play, toddlers and alot of other aspects missing from ts4.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    What a crock

No surprise there.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top