Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for Gamescom Q&A Panel

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Someone with some guts. I was going to remark several pages back after reading those rants about more or less don't let the door hit you in the rear, but decided attitudes from Maxis is the reason I don't want to post here anymore and has been for a very long time. Others may not see or just don't want to believe it or want to be 'friends' with gurus when I see a business relationship as just that and I'm never shocked anymore at the total disrespect I see coming out of some guru's mouth. Maybe corporate or at the next stock holders meeting should be told why people left here and are going to leave here, and gathering up or building more promotional sites like SimsVIP isn't going to work for this game when Maxis employees can't keep their mouth's shut and run off communities with exactly what you said. Glad to know I didn't say it, and others are waking up and this is exactly why many left for the total disrespect they received.

I surely misunderstand this, but in case my last comment comes off as me wanting to be friends with Gurus, I'd just like to remark that although I found her previous comments condescending, like I said, I think the last one was a lot easier to digest and a little fairer towards the community. Also, I can imagine that reading all these comments isn't always easy, especially when your hands are tied and you can't actually say anything anyway - even if you really wanted to, which I guess they also can't say. So I'm not on a quest to be friends with gurus, but I'm definitely also not on a quest to vilify them personally for the more than obvious flaws TS4 has. :)

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Someone with some guts. I was going to remark several pages back after reading those rants about more or less don't let the door hit you in the rear, but decided attitudes from Maxis is the reason I don't want to post here anymore and has been for a very long time. Others may not see or just don't want to believe it or want to be 'friends' with gurus when I see a business relationship as just that and I'm never shocked anymore at the total disrespect I see coming out of some guru's mouth. Maybe corporate or at the next stock holders meeting should be told why people left here and are going to leave here, and gathering up or building more promotional sites like SimsVIP isn't going to work for this game when Maxis employees can't keep their mouth's shut and run off communities with exactly what you said. Glad to know I didn't say it, and others are waking up and this is exactly why many left for the total disrespect they received.

I surely misunderstand this, but in case my last comment comes off as me wanting to be friends with Gurus, I'd just like to remark that although I found her previous comments condescending, like I said, I think the last one was a lot easier to digest and a little fairer towards the community. Also, I can imagine that reading all these comments isn't always easy, especially when your hands are tied and you can't actually say anything anyway - even if you really wanted to, which I guess they also can't say. So I'm not on a quest to be friends with gurus, but I'm definitely also not on a quest to vilify them personally for the more than obvious flaws TS4 has. :)

It happens over and over. Time to let the world know it happens over and over. This is not the first time and won't be the last. And if anyone has a problem with me then they know what they can do. Close my account here so I won't draw attention to the passive aggressive condescending remarks made by this moderator. Some of us (as like you) can actually see it whether others can or not. And it's high time it stops and the only way to do that is go to someone above Rachel Franklin's head. But then that might be Peter Moore, who is just as condescending. Heck he may be over in the corner cheering it on. (Yes, Gurus, I am exaggerating to make my point) but not really.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Thanks for your follow up post, SGDrake. I am looking forward to hearing the clearer answer on what's going on with the relationships and understanding of rotational play when that comes, and it is also nice to hear that toddlers are not "out of sight out of mind" with the team. The rest I'll leave to myself because it's speculation.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    didnt they announce before sims 4 was even out that toddlers would not be in the game?
    edited August 2016
    @Cinebar yeah I definitely agree that this wasn't the right way to respond to the concerns in this thread, especially because most people really phrased their comments in a polite, honest, and very forthcoming way, frequently pointing out that they did and do not mean to personally attack her for everything (I'm sure there were exceptions, I just can't think of any right now). It's, again, not fair to tell your customers that they just don't want to be happy. If I don't care for a game, or I think it will never make me happy, I'm out. Like Assassin's Creed. Just not my cup of tea, never will be - but I'm not in their forums complaining about it as I know that that game will, in fact never make me happy. So clearly, it's not our unwillingness to be happy that keeps bringing us back to the forums or to engage gurus in these kinds of discussions. It's hope, I guess, and nostalgia. And the fear that our hopes will get crushed in the end and that a franchise we've spent decades supporting may no longer support us as players.

@carlymichelle haven't you responded the exact same thing in another thread? Reread carefully, this isn't just about toddlers. For some it may be their main concern, but clearly not for everyone. So please don't reduce it to that.
    edited August 2016
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    Ok, you say toddlers are 'topic of conversation every day'... What on earth are you talking about then if you STILL don't have an answer either way?

I imagine something like that...

198bjo.jpg

Lol. I can't help but repeat at offensively regular intervals just how much I love that meme.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Maybe they don't even *know* whether they will be able to fit toddler work into the game yet. They're probably still discussing how much depth they need to put into them compared with what time and money budget will be feasible to do it in. Too shallow and they'll have wasted their time cos we still won't like the result. Too deep and it will cost more than it will bring in.

people forget they have to do all the animations etc for the sims to put it in perspective it takes disney up to 3 years to animate their movies? get what i mean?? making toddlers just doesnt happen
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    I don't get it. This whole influencers. No offence to the people invited to that meeting, but I don't know anyone of them.
    But I get it. I'm old and I'm not enjoying watching kids playing games on youtube and apparently that's how influencers looks these days. I have to adjust, ok.

But I can't understand how it is possible that I couldn't find single person from Poland attending that meeting? I mean - Germany is Polands neighbour. We have a lot of Influencers, awesome people which are just amazing but none of them was worthy of an invitation? It is really, really sad that Polish community is so discriminated. In my personal opinion it is really, really significant that EA refused to invite anyone from a country which was so close to the place where main event was held.

Not everybody is going to be able to or want to dedicate their summer holiday time and budget to going to a gaming event. They won't all take up the invitation if it's offered. I know that if I'd been invited, I would have turned it down, even if I lived in the next country over. Other stuff in my life is more important this month. I'm sure you could ask some of the more prominent people from Poland if they received an invite?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Let me see if I got this right, from reading post from those who attended like Crinrict and others in their own blogs. From what I gathered this was more or less a promotional meeting of how they could get more fan created websites up and running to promote the game, talk about the positives of the game and not focus on the failures and so Maxis could sell more games? Yep, I'm pretty sure that was the heart of the matter.

@crinrict hasn't posted anything about Gamescom in her blog. Nobody else I've seen post so far mentions the stuff you're talking about. Only a few people have posted about the event so far that I've seen. This is the most detailed description; I posted it here earlier, but maybe that was a different thread: https://julyvee94.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/the-sims-panel-and-my-experience-at-gamescom-2016/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    didnt they announce before sims 4 was even out that toddlers would not be in the game?

Doesn't matter. They were either promised (the alpha interview stating that all life stages would be present) or implied (...won't be in game at launch) and therefore need to be put in, or people need to be informed otherwise. They also need to apologise for people taking their words as promises or implications. The End. No amount of variations of '..but you were informed otherwise' work, at least from my experience.

*I didn't get that from either the interview, which was back in like January before the game was launched (I believed the things I read that said the game was subject to change in an Alpha state). Nor did I take 'at launch' as an implication, but that's me.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Let me see if I got this right, from reading post from those who attended like Crinrict and others in their own blogs. From what I gathered this was more or less a promotional meeting of how they could get more fan created websites up and running to promote the game, talk about the positives of the game and not focus on the failures and so Maxis could sell more games? Yep, I'm pretty sure that was the heart of the matter.

@crinrict hasn't posted anything about Gamescom in her blog. Nobody else I've seen post so far mentions the stuff you're talking about. Only a few people have posted about the event so far that I've seen. This is the most detailed description; I posted it here earlier, but maybe that was a different thread: https://julyvee94.wordpress.com/2016/08/19/the-sims-panel-and-my-experience-at-gamescom-2016/

She did a write up in German and someone translated it for us here, and it's posted here somewhere and btw, she wasn't the only one. I think I got the gest of the meeting to build more websites to promote the game. How hidden was that? Not very.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top