Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day & Knight 4/29

Comments

• WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited September 2016
    @pammiechick Your story Day and Knight has caught the interest of the Legacy Ship Club( We just binged the whole series) as president I'm really impressed by your story telling it's really dramatic and we love drama probably too much for our own good. We have a theory about what Alex's secret is but the longer he waits the more dramatic it's revelation will be so there is no rush. Knay will make excellent addition to our ship obsession. Sadly our VP explained the rules of the challenge. But even after knowing your story is still keeping us on our toes. We look forward to the next part. Keep in mind this story is now stored in our Story Archives. From this day forth remember we're always watching.....?
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2016
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    @pammiechick Your story Day and Knight has caught the interest of the Legacy Ship Club( We just binged the whole series) as president I'm really impressed by your story telling it's really dramatic and we love drama probably too much for our own good. We have a theory about what Alex's secret is but the longer he waits the more dramatic it's revelation will be so there is no rush. Knay will make excellent addition to our ship obsession. Sadly our VP explained the rules of the challenge. But even after knowing your story is still keeping us on our toes. We look forward to the next part. Keep in mind this story is now stored in our Story Archives. From this day forth remember we're always watching.....?

Wow, @WitcHazard I'm very flattered!! And excited my story caught your club's notice! :)

Don't worry...Knight won't know Alex's secret for a while. Lots of drama to come (that isn't a part of the challenge.) Love the ship name! <3 Had to slow down updates because of work but hope to have a flurry soon!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • chewybaby24 chewybaby24 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am beyond obsessed with this story! The way you tell it is so captivating! I can't wait for the next update!
    edited September 2016
    Chapter 1.16

Knight

Incensed my dad would lie to me about Alex, I barged into his study. Chiandra’s picture hit me when I entered. It was a new one. Why my dad couldn’t stop this obsession only made me angrier.

“It’s a beauty, isn’t it, Knight? The artist outdid himself this time,” my father’s voice broke the silence. Sitting at the bar, he was waiting for his nightcap.

Screenshot_691.jpg

Not looking at him, I asked, “Why did you lie? Alex never told you he’d take the job.”

Screenshot_692.jpg

“Knight...don’t you understand? It’s not a matter of whether or not he will take the job. There really isn’t any other alternative. Why not cut the cr*ap?”

Screenshot_704.jpg

“What are you saying? That Alex doesn’t have a say in this? That’s 🐸🐸🐸🐸!”

Screenshot_694.jpg

“Son, stop thinking with your d*ick and start thinking with your brain. If Alex is attached to you, that automatically makes him a target. You can’t change that. Isn’t it safer for him to be a part of our organization under my protection rather than have him out there for someone to attack?”

Screenshot_696.jpg

For once the old man was making sense. I’d never thought through dating Alex carefully. Chiandra’s family was a part of the organization, so she had protection, but Alex? I flipped up my hands. “But why does he have to be your bodyguard? Alex isn’t like that. He wouldn’t feel comfortable taking down thugs.”

Screenshot_698.jpg

“Alex wouldn’t have to teach more than a few a lesson. Once his notoriety got around, no one would mess with him. I intend to create a mystique about him, too. It will protect him and us. Let me handle this, Knight. It’s for the good of all.”

Screenshot_703.jpg

He added, “Are you ready for your trip? The plane leaves in one hour.”

I hit my head. “Oh, God, I totally forgot.”

Screenshot_705.jpg

Patting the chair next to him, he said, gently, “Sit down, son.”

I walked over and eased onto the barstool. God, I needed a drink. I had no idea what I was going to tell Alex. What he would think. Maybe he would leave me if this was his only option.

And maybe he should.

But that thought freaked me out. I had to get a hold of myself and not make any rash decisions. Alex and I could figure it out together. We had to.

“I ordered your bags packed so you’d have time to make the airport,” he went on, pulling me out of my head. “Listen, I wouldn’t do anything that would hurt you. You know that, right? I care about you so much, son, and the ones you love. If Alex is whom you’ve chosen, I’ll support you, but he needs to be one of us. Unless you think this is just a casual fling.”

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. Everything in my life had changed because of Alex. He wasn’t someone I ever wanted to let go, but...could I do this to him? Put him in danger? I thought I could protect him just fine, but now I wasn’t sure.

“I...need some time to think, Pops. It’s complicated.”

“You better think fast. When you get back, I’ll need your decision.”

Screenshot_708.jpg

My head pounded as I left his study. Taking out my phone, I tried to call Alex but it went to voice mail. He must have shut off his phone. I tapped out a text to him, hoping he’d be okay for a few days without me. I didn’t have time to see him. I could only pray he wouldn’t be p*issed at me too much.

Screenshot_711.jpg

Alex

After I’d showered and changed, I came home to Bri’s worried face meeting me in the entrance of the garage. “What’s wrong?”

“Oh, Alex...”

Screenshot_620.jpg

She threw up her hands and said, “Mr. Lee is here. He needs to speak to you about rent. Remember you didn’t pay for the last two months? What are we going to do?”

Screenshot_623.jpg

I swallowed, trying to figure out why Mr. Lee cared now. He’d already told me to pay it when I could, that he really didn’t need the money and that he was glad I could use the garage the way his father used to back in the day.

Walking over to me, he said, “Alex, you have to be out in two days. I have renters. I emailed notices to you many times, but you didn’t pay. Now it’s time for you to go.”

“Wait, Mr. Lee, don’t you remember you said I could pay you a little at a time when I got money? What changed?”

Screenshot_630.jpg

Mr. Lee shot up an angry finger. “Nothing! Pay me or get out! You have two days.”

Screenshot_628.jpg

I panicked. “Where can we go? I don’t have that kind of money to move out. Do you want us on the streets?”

Screenshot_631.jpg

“That’s not my problem. It’s my legal rights to evict freeloaders who don’t pay their bills.”

Screenshot_629.jpg

“But if you’d give us a little more time, I could come up with the money.”

“I’ve given enough time. I will call the police to throw you out if you do not vacate the premises in two days.”

Screenshot_635.jpg

Without another word, Mr. Lee stormed out the door.

I stared after him, heart pounding in my chest. “I don’t get it.”

My sister’s bottom lip quivered. “What are we going to do?”

Screenshot_638.jpg

Immediately, I called Knight but got his voicemail.

Screenshot_637.jpg

Checking my messages, I couldn’t believe my luck.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-14%20at%2010.08.59%20AM.png

“What the h*ll is this, Knight? Why do you have to be gone now?” I called the number he gave me for Marco. Hopefully, he could help us.

Benton

Kyle and I were messing around in the park when I heard some crying nearby. Hunched over near the flowers was Brianna Day, balling into her knees.

Screenshot_713.jpg

I ran over to her and bent down. “Bri? Are you okay?”

Screenshot_719.jpg

In a wavering voice, she said, “Everything has gone to plum. I won’t have a place to live soon. I-I don’t know what we’re going to do.”

I put my hand over her head, caressing her silky hair. She blew me away with that. Had no clue how to help. “What happened?”

Screenshot_718.jpg

Wiping her face, she shook her head. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

I pulled her to her feet and lead her to a bench. “You’ve got to talk about it. How can I help you if you don’t? Why can’t you stay in your apartment?”

“Because the landlord is a crazy plum. Alex got behind on the payments but instead of telling us then to pay up and giving us time, he said not to worry about it. Now he’s changed his mind since he has renters. We have two days to get out. And we have no place to go.”

Screenshot_722.jpg

I shrugged. “Why don’t you stay with my family? We have a spare bedroom and your brother could stay in my extra bed until you got on your feet.”

Her face brightened. “Really? Your parents wouldn’t mind?”

“I don’t see why not. My mom’s always complaining that the house is too big since my sister went to college. You could stay in her room.”

Screenshot_723.jpg

She smiled. “I’ll talk to my brother about it. You’re a lifesaver, Benton!”

Screenshot_727.jpg

“What are friends for? And besides, I think it’ll be cool.” I was so stoked about my luck. I could have pretty Brianna living with me and Kyle couldn’t say a word about it.

Screenshot_726.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    So Brianna likes Benton Benton likes Brianna and yet they're still calling each other friends. Ugh teenagers! Also Knights Uncle/Father is totally using any and every advantage he can get.
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    So Brianna likes Benton Benton likes Brianna and yet they're still calling each other friends. Ugh teenagers! Also Knights Uncle/Father is totally using any and every advantage he can get.

Teens don't move as quickly as adults it seems...and there's best friend's feelings in the way. But maybe something will happen...

Antonio is a despicable manipulator...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Knight's father resembles me a big spider what pulls all to his web :/ I'm honestly worried about Knight and Alex, especially when Alex and his sister has to move out :/ Benton is a very nice guy and I think he likes Brianna so much.
    Waiting for the new chapter! <3
  • SpurklyNinjaSpurklyNinja Posts: 76 Member
    Hmmmm... What Knight's father says seems to make sense, but it's definitely manipulation to get everyone under his thimb.

And yes.. "friends" :D
    ~Live a little, and dance a lot while you're at it~
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Antonio is a despicable lovable manipulator...
    Now it's correct. :lol:

Oh and I think Benton's excitement is a bit premature. I believe at the end of the day it's going to be Kyle who will celebrate Bri's moving in...

heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Antonio is a despicable lovable manipulator...
    Now it's correct. :lol:

Oh and I think Benton's excitement is a bit premature. I believe at the end of the day it's going to be Kyle who will celebrate Bri's moving in...

Hmm...could be... :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I agree with Maladi777! I think they will move into Antonio's home. My guess is Alex will take the job before Knight comes home. Awesome chapter Pammiechick!
    edited September 2016
    Chapter 1.17

Alex

I heard someone enter the garage door downstairs. It was Marco.

“Are you ready to go?” He eyed me up and down, making me flush. I’d been packing and totally forgot our meeting.

Screenshot_641.jpg

“Uh...well, I just need to take a shower and change. It’ll only take a few minutes. Come on up.”

Screenshot_642.jpg

I followed him to my living room, worrying about what he had to speak with me about. I mean, we could have easily talked here, but he insisted, saying Knight’s restaurant was a better place to discuss things. I didn’t even know Knight owned a restaurant. There were many things I didn’t know about Knight and it made me nervous.

Screenshot_648.jpg

“Excuse the clutter. We’re packing,” I said before going to the bathroom to shower.

“Not a problem,” he said, coolly.

I was suddenly embarrassed by my tiny space. I quickly slid into the bathroom, trying to keep my mind on how Marco could help me.

Screenshot_649.jpg

Once we arrived at the restaurant, I gasped. It was way more upscale than the place Knight took me to on what I liked to call our first date. “W-Wow,” was all I could sputter.

Screenshot_654.jpg

In flashy lights, the sign over the building spelled, “Knight’s”, decorated with huge knight chess pieces. Come to think of it, those same pieces littered Knight’s father’s mansion. I never thought about that before.

Screenshot_651.jpg

Marco pointed to the roof. “The room on the top floor is exclusively for Knight and his family. We’ll be able to talk privately there.”

I shook my head, still not being able to wrap my brain around the ungodly amount of money the Richardson’s had. Knight was basically a prince. No. He was richer than a prince.

Screenshot_653.jpg

Marco strolled through the front door, saying, “Hello, Barb. We’ll seat ourselves. Have someone come up in an hour to take our order. We don’t want to be disturbed.”

The hostess looked a bit flustered at the sight of him. “Of course, Mr. Bello.”

Screenshot_655.jpg

An entertainment section sprawled out with huge floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beautiful lake. This was a gorgeous place.

Screenshot_656.jpg

Once we settled into our seats, Marco asked, “So, you need a place to stay until Knight comes back? I spoke to Antonio. You are welcome to come to the mansion. We have plenty of room.”

The word “mansion” made me freeze. I knew what that meant. I’d have to take Antonio’s offer. “Oh? Well, I’m not sure that’ll work out for me.” I fiddled with the menu, pretending not to notice that there weren’t any prices on it.

Screenshot_658.jpg

“You’ve found somewhere else to stay?” he asked with a knowing smile. He was onto me. I felt like a mouse cornered by a cat licking its lips. Why did Knight give me Marco’s number? He made me even more nervous than Antonio.

Screenshot_660.jpg

Glancing at the menu, casually, he went on, “Have you come to a decision about Antonio’s offer?”

I glared, not liking where this conversation was headed. “Knight told me to wait.”

Screenshot_661.jpg

Still not looking up from the menu, he said, “Do you think that’s wise given your situation?”

Screenshot_662.jpg

Then it clicked. “Did you threaten Mr. Lee to evict me?”

Screenshot_665.jpg

Putting down the menu, he stared into me, piercing my soul. “I know who you are.”

Screenshot_664.jpg

My mouth went dry. “Huh?”

Screenshot_675.jpg

“It’s not hard to figure out. When I first met you, I thought you were a woman, but Knight and everyone else said you were a man, so I went along with it. Then Antonio told me to check you out, so I did. How you’ve gotten away with it this long is surprising. You’re all over the Internet with your past MMA bouts. You even have a Wikipedia page. What game are you playing, Miss Day?”

Screenshot_674.jpg

The blood rushed out of my head, making me woozy. “I-I’m not playing a game. I-It’s just most people assume I’m a man and well, that’s fine with me. It’s who I am on the inside, to be honest. I’ve always been like this. Even my sister thinks of me as her brother. If you must know, I only reveal my gender with someone who gets close to me. With Knight, I was going to tell him that first night we went to dinner, but I chickened out.”

Screenshot_671.jpg

Marco stared me down. “What are you afraid of?”

Screenshot_672.jpg

Why was I explaining myself to a total stranger? My jaw clenched. “I don’t have to defend anything to you.”

Screenshot_679.jpg

“Hey...don’t get offended. I’m sorry if these questions seem personal but Knight is my best friend and he’s in love. Madly in love. And he thinks you’re a guy. That means he’s...”

“Gay?” I finished. “That’s exactly what scares me.” I pulled my hand through my hair. “If you’ve gotta know, all my dating life, I usually attract gay men or women. Which is fine. I understand that because of my life choice. Unfortunately, I’m not attracted to women, so I’m left with men who want something I can’t give. Once I tell them my gender, they either bolt or stay for a little while but never very long. With Knight, things are different. He’s not gay, or so he says, but I’m beginning to believe otherwise.”

“Why?”

“He’s very attracted to how manly he perceives me. I think it excites him. I don’t know.”

Screenshot_673.jpg

“Have you ever considered that he might just be very attracted to the femininity you possess? Your face is very womanly. Your body isn’t but I still see curves. A woman does peek out from time to time.”

I raised my eyebrows. “I’m sure it does. Listen, I am who I am and I won’t change for anyone. Not even Knight. But I’m afraid he’ll want someone who is a man in all things. I can’t give him that. But yeah...I’m going to tell him. First thing once he gets back from his trip.”

He shook his head. “Do you realize if you stay with Knight that you are putting yourself in danger?”

Screenshot_678.jpg

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, in our organization’s line of work, things can get...messy. Someone may seek retribution against us, but they usually don’t if they are under Antonio’s protection. If you’re on the outside, you will become a target sooner or later. Does that make sense?”

My eyes widened. “What are you? The mafia?”

Chuckling, he said, “No...but we are an underground organization, working contracts for the government. Everything is classified so I can’t tell you more. That is, unless you join us. It’s a noble cause, I can say that, at least. Sort of like the Navy Seals or the Army Rangers except it’s way more covert.

“But Antonio Richardson is old school. A real s*exist. He wouldn’t respect you as much if he ever found out you’re a woman. I’d advise you to stay acting as a man for as long as you can. Have you ever thought about surgery?”

Screenshot_682.jpg

I couldn’t believe I was sitting here discussing my g*enitals with a man I hardly knew. “Did you seriously just ask me that? I think this conversation’s over.”

Screenshot_667.jpg

“Whoa there! Sorry. I guess I’m being too direct, but it’s a valid question don’t you think? I mean, you’re already living as a guy. Why not go all the way?”

“First of all, I like who I am. I had to go through hours upon hours of counseling just to get me to this place. I don’t need some j*erk like you to drag me in the mud again.” I raised my hands in frustration. “You know, this reaction is exactly why I hide myself from people. You think because I look and act like a guy, I have to get a fake d*ick and truly become a guy. H*ll, I knew getting mixed up with Knight would turn out like this.”

Screenshot_670.jpg

I stood up and stalked over to the window, trying to quell my anger. I was about to punch him out, but that wouldn’t help. And although I was offended by his words, it wasn’t like I hadn’t thought about it hundreds of times. Surgery and hormones would make my life easier.

Screenshot_685.jpg

Marco walked over to me, pulling at his collar. “Listen, Alex, I’m sorry. I really am. It was a touchy subject and I handled it badly. Can we start over?”

Sighing, I said, “No...it’s fine. I overreacted. It’s just...hard. You know? I wish I was either wholly woman or wholly man. But I-I’m not...”

Screenshot_687.jpg

He scratched his neck. “Yeah...I get it. I promise I won’t say anything, okay? Also, the offer of staying at the mansion stands. Anytime.”

“Thanks,” I said, feeling like someone else was talking. Marco wasn’t going to do anything but lead me straight to Antonio and whatever covert operations they were doing. I had to figure out something else.

Screenshot_688.jpg

I wanted to give a special shout out and thank you to the amazing designer, @RABOOSKI ! She thought up and designed Knight's restaurant. This gorgeous place earned her a MAXIS recommendation and favorite. It has over 1200 downloads already. If you want it, click here: KNIGHT'S
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SpurklyNinjaSpurklyNinja Posts: 76 Member
    <3 to Alex, no matter what
    ~Live a little, and dance a lot while you're at it~
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I had to convince myself from the start that he's a man and now it's back to my original impression. :smiley: But I like it more this way. It's more complex. Antonio being a s*xist made me laugh. Is he really? :lol: Can't wait to read what Knight will say about this revelation.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I'm not sure why Alex would think Knight would change his mind in any way if he knew the whole truth. All we know about Knight is that he has this inexplicable attraction to Alex, who he thinks is a man, and that he hates when Alex lies to him. Surely the full truth would only be of benefit here?

Also, of Alex actually wants to get the surgery, then great and I support it, but if it only happens to make things easier with Antonio, I'll flip.
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Awesome :) (And yay, I was right! lol)
    This is a tricky situation. I wonder how things will turn out for all involved.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I'm not sure why Alex would think Knight would change his mind in any way if he knew the whole truth. All we know about Knight is that he has this inexplicable attraction to Alex, who he thinks is a man, and that he hates when Alex lies to him. Surely the full truth would only be of benefit here?

Also, of Alex actually wants to get the surgery, then great and I support it, but if it only happens to make things easier with Antonio, I'll flip.

This is more about how Alex feels about himself than Knight. Of course, we all know Knight wouldn't care, but Alex is still haunted by his mother's emotional abuse...

And don't worry...if it does happen, it won't be because of Antonio. :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Can't say I didn't see that one coming lol, there's been clues sprinkled all through it, and my original impression on the original cover was a woman.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Can't say I didn't see that one coming lol, there's been clues sprinkled all through it, and my original impression on the original cover was a woman.

Yes...I didn't think it would be much of a shock. :D Going in I was going to reveal it but thought I'd have a character discover the secret first.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Hugs and a lot of love to Alex from me <3 I thought about this, too, but I thought he is already after surgery. Unfortunately, he's not yet (and here's a question if he will decide to do that) and here a long and hard way awaits for him :/ He must be very strong to withstand all, but I believe he will. I'm just curious what Knight will say when he'll know the truth.
  • SamilaneSamilane Posts: 13 New Member
    New story new story!! I'm meant to be childminding while the twins sleep I've just read the whole lot!! Amazing!! I'm in love with the whole thing!!
    Samilane wrote: »
    New story new story!! I'm meant to be childminding while the twins sleep I've just read the whole lot!! Amazing!! I'm in love with the whole thing!!

So glad! And welcome!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hugs and a lot of love to Alex from me <3 I thought about this, too, but I thought he is already after surgery. Unfortunately, he's not yet (and here's a question if he will decide to do that) and here a long and hard way awaits for him :/ He must be very strong to withstand all, but I believe he will. I'm just curious what Knight will say when he'll know the truth.

Hmm...never thought you might think he already had the surgery. You're right...a long arduous road is ahead. Hang on!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Benton and Brianna are super adorable! I ship them soooo much <3

As for Alex! It felt like a surprise that wasn't really a surprise! Like I had no clue but it makes so much sense! Glad he's okay with his situation now though, even if it brings a lot of difficulties with it!