Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any mods or ideas to make your game more fun?

I want to enjoy the sims 4 sooo bad, but I just can't. Do you guys know any suggestions how to make your game more fun? Like mods or just general ideas? And please stay friendly cause not everybody is friendly over here...

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    try to write a simlit story with several poses and Andrew's poseplayer. (the story itself can be up to you)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • sockbunny66sockbunny66 Posts: 1 New Member
    Try to do a challenge of some kind, like playing all of the families in rotation, etc.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Get to school and turbo careers mods (requires GTW, though.)
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Emotional Overcharge by FlorianPTME, a must have.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    MC Command Center--offers a lot of different settings like no culling, no relationship culling, pregnancy for NPCs, cheats, etc.

If you have Get Together, use the clubs to set up various groups to fill up your town, interact, and take care of themselves when you aren't playing them. You can set up a Men in Black type club and an Aliens club that hate each other and fight any chance they get. Set up an apartment building, put each hh in each apartment in their own family club to handle basic needs (eating, sleeping, cleaning, working, etc.) and then play one hh yourself. Set up a private school using the club system with an adult as the club leader and children as the club members--they do classwork by setting different club activities (reading together, etc.). You can do one for teens, as well.

Play one of the many challenges already in place or set one up for yourself.

Come up with a story to play and then set it in motion and see how it plays out. For instance, pretend the Sad Clown painting is a cursed painting that gets passed from generation to generation. You can either play a family member that tries to get rid of the curse or play an outside supernatural investigator that gets hired to figure out why the family is haunted by this annoying clown and tries to get rid of it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited August 2016
    simgame wrote: »
    I want to enjoy the sims 4 sooo bad, but I just can't. Do you guys know any suggestions how to make your game more fun? Like mods or just general ideas? And please stay friendly cause not everybody is friendly over here...

Great question and you'll find that you'll have to answer it for yourself since your personal interests must be analyzed to draw a reasonable conclusion. The sims is primarily a sentimental product and the only real objective is to appreciate the lives of your characters, whether you allow them to follow the pre-defined life cycle or you grant them immortality and advance them through every expansion and product version.

If you're not a follower in life then you won't care for career scripts or scored events, and you'll want to script and tune the game as much as you possibly can. You might find enjoyment in customization of features and analysis of core functionality with the ultimate goals of enabling full autonomy, creating a more functional simulation, and pushing the engine to it's limits. For students, engineers, and formally educated parents, there are also many hidden academic and professional references which are [not surprisingly] overlooked by those who can't see beyond their own pre-conception of what 'family play' should be.

If you're looking for adventure, you'll have to use your imagination and at least 30,000 lines of scripting, at least until an 'adventure' expansion.

If you desire to witness suffering and/or abuse, you'll have to direct it all manually, and there is no good reason to.

If you desire to challenge yourself with daily schedules, homelessness, genealogy, or career advancement, then you may want to re-evaluate your personal aspirations. The Sims has never offered any feature set or scripted content which would qualify as challenging by any intelligent standard. Transformation and refinement of your simulation as the engine is developed will be the only real challenge.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch