Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this outfit?

Does anyone know what this outfit is?

28935627986_3349a7fcc6_c.jpg

And if you can explain why Parker Langerak has been wandering around Sunset Valley looking like this since he was a teen you get bonus points. :D

J/K. But I really have never seen it before. At first I thought it was a Holloween outfit and didn't think much about it, but he's a young adult now and just showed up in this Sports bar in this outfit. When I looked at Mastercontroller > Basic > Remove outfit, all his other outfits appear to be there but this one is called Ui/Caption/ObjectPicker: Supernatural 1.

I was going to delete it but I thought I'd ask first. @igazor if you can shed any light on this and whether it's OK to delete this outfit that would be great! I would have just asked at the NRAAS site but I felt like this really needed a picture because I didn't know how to describe it. I rarely play the Supernaturals so if it's something 'normal' for the 'out of the ordinary', then y'all will have to forgive me!
The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited August 2016
    The cardboard robot outfit? That's due to the Bot Fan trait from ITF. Sims with the Bot Fan trait can choose "robot form" and wear one of 3 or 4 variations of the cardboard robot outfit, or choose "organic form" and go back to normal clothes.

I wouldn't delete it. It's a trait perk. At best Removing the outfit won't have any effect as the sim may choose "bot form" at any time. At worst you'll corrupt something.

Bot Fans can compete in bot arena competitions, but only in "bot form". That's the only perk of assuming "bot form" I know about.

I played a teen sim who was a Bot Fan once. I had him change into "bot form" every time he did his homework or built skills. For story reasons, "bot form" doesn't actually help homework or skill building.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    The robot one by the door? Isn't that the outfit sims with the bot fan trait from into the future? Check to see if he has that trait.

But you said it says supernatural, so I really am not sure o.O
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Ah, @TreyNutz beat me to posting!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Haha! Thanks, @TreyNutz and @cleo00.

I did say Supernatural because that's how it was labeled according to MC, and I had no idea! Because I really don't play ITF, either. lol

Guess I've just been lucky to not notice any other sims with that trait. I'm glad I didn't delete it now that I know what it is, but I wonder if I change his traits using MC if I could then get rid of it? There is no bot building in my 'hood, I don't travel to the future and I'm not even controlling this sim, so it sounds pretty darn useless to me. And it looks ridiculous to see him around town in that outfit, too! :D

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    You can change his traits and then reset him just in case he gets glitched out in that outfit while you switch out his traits.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Thanks @Simasaurus09 I might try that. I could change his outfit using MC Basic first so he's not wearing it when I change his traits, or do it right after he gets off work (if I remember correctly he's in the Business career). Then I might even wait a few days before deleting that outfit just in case.

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You might try resetting him with MC. That might put him in Everyday wear, out of "bot form". Then change his traits to remove the Bot Fan trait.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    oh, that's bad that you don't play ITF, the Bot Fan trait is one of my dearest, it's so funny :relieved:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2016
    Good news is you can unlockoutfits cheat that and create a sim with it.The ultimate homeless sim that not only sleeps in cardboard but wears it as a fabulous outfit.Can also just use the outfit part I believe and have your sims normal head and hairstyle.Same with all those odd things like imaginary friend clothes and mummy wraps just do not recommend using the bonehilda body with a normal sim head it is creepy. :# Mummy stuff from WA is cute on sims without the face part.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Just click on the sim and choose human form. If you don't want him changing to bot form autonomously you'll need to replace the bot fan trait.
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Next time I open this game I'll decide what to do with this guy.

@Rukola_Schaaf maybe I'll save him to my bin first in case I ever get the urge to explore the future. :D

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    oh, that's bad that you don't play ITF, the Bot Fan trait is one of my dearest, it's so funny :relieved:

I like it too :) Even for sims that have nothing to do with the bot building skill.. all though they live a sad life because that's all they want to do.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2016
    I hate that trait because of this, at least for townies. Because they will only turn up like this. I know, because one of my heir's sisters has the trait. I never see her as her normal self anymore, never. A bit too much imo.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I hate that trait because of this, at least for townies. Because they will only turn up like this. I know, because one of my heir's sisters has the trait. I never see her as her normal self anymore, never. A bit too much imo.
    yeah, Bot Fans are wackos, just like in RL
    & i have a very soft spot for them :kissing_closed_eyes:

i will have to come up with a story of a Bot Fan
    i played a few but never really for long or with an own crazy story

they are definately not normal sims :tongue:

@HappySimmer3
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Next time I open this game I'll decide what to do with this guy.

@Rukola_Schaaf maybe I'll save him to my bin first in case I ever get the urge to explore the future. :D

you do that :smile:
    if you ever decide, then leave the town & go to the wasteland & get lost in the sand
    that's what i always do there & prefarably with accompanying self constructed plumbots
    but that's of course not everyone's gameplay :smile:

I'll keep that in mind, @Rukola_Schaaf. :D

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2016
    @HappySimmer3 Here is the Imaginary Friend outfit used on a sim as a normal look.CUTE!!! :love: And if you use the clown costume makeup it makes a adorable doll girl like Raggedy Ann

Screenshot-4538_zpssbehnh5y.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif