Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new sims app game instead of free play over ipad iphone and android

hotdatebonvagehotdatebonvage Posts: 10 New Member
please sign the petition below if you would like a better sims app then sims freeplay that would be compatiable with iPhone ipad android and pc that you could play across all these devices and store your game progress in icloud/game center google have expansions just like the expansion packs and the expansions could be unlimited and app could have all the major sim features such as hot date expansions bonvage etc and you could have neighbors and get points towards sims goals if you got neighbors and please put your input below and this app could have a chat feature

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I am sure that even EA agrees that this would be good! But the problem is that only PCs still are able to run such a big game. Mobile devices can't have all the same big expansions which the PC game has. Most mobile devices still have at most 32 GB memory while PCs today usually have something like 1 TB which is the same as 1,000 GB.

Another problem for EA would be that games for mobile devices usually are either free or very cheap. Therefore it would be difficult to persuade people into paying the same high prices which the Sims 4 basegame and all its expansions cost.

So I don't know if EA will make such a game even when mobile devices (maybe 10 yrs from now?) have as much memory and power as current laptops usually have. We will have to just wait and see ;)
  • Options
    MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    @Erpe Dang, you seem to know alot about technology and most devices. Do you work with computers and electronics outside of the sims world? Haha.
  • Options
    @Erpe Dang, you seem to know alot about technology and most devices. Do you work with computers and electronics outside of the sims world? Haha.
    No. But am educated in mathematics and in computer science at a Danish university and have taught both topics at highschool level. For quite some years I have now only taught mathematics though. But I am still also very interested in computer science and especially in video games and in the devices to play them on :)
  • Options
    Phoenix_RainxPhoenix_Rainx Posts: 677 Member
    please sign the petition below if you would like a better sims app then sims freeplay that would be compatiable with iPhone ipad android and pc that you could play across all these devices and store your game progress in icloud/game center google have expansions just like the expansion packs and the expansions could be unlimited and app could have all the major sim features such as hot date expansions bonvage etc and you could have neighbors and get points towards sims goals if you got neighbors and please put your input below and this app could have a chat feature

I like this idea! :)
    tumblr_inline_nhvx4yvpMj1t79ug6.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I'd just like a Sim game on mobile that doesn't require real time (30 minute toilet visits really?). o:)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    aws200 wrote: »
    I'd just like a Sim game on mobile that doesn't require real time (30 minute toilet visits really?). o:)
    I don't. Just look at the mobile version of Sims 3. The problem is that such a paid Sims game would never get any new content like the Sims Freeplay gets all the time.

I would like it if we could buy a lot of expansions with interesting content for a paid mobile game too. But to get accepting sales numbers for such expansions when they need to be small enough to not steal all the memory from our mobile devices is probably not possible for EA. So a free online game with free often released new content to motive people to buy more not necessary content still seems to be the best way for EA.

Toilet visits only take about 5 seconds btw ;)
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options
    hotdatebonvagehotdatebonvage Posts: 10 New Member
    thanks for the input everyone!