Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    And spellcasters will be coming soon as well!
  • KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2019
    I started using the tree for my new story based legacy (I suppose legacy is the correct word seeing as I'm going to be following the Greenwood family!)

The founding Sims are a pair of twins though so I had to create 2 'blank' Sims called Mama and Papa Greenwood to be the founding nodes so both twins can show up haha. Took a few minutes to figure out I had to do that but I quite like how it looks now. I haven't created their parents but perhaps I will play with genetics and create them at a later date just for the tree... loving the functionality so far!
    2019_08_27_23_55_15_greenshot_by_kitthaven_ddezpng-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvODEzYmQwMTgtZDg5OC00ZjliLWI5OGEtYjIwNzJkOTlkYTA3XC9kZGV6cG5nLTI2YTRmODUwLTQ4NDYtNGU1Ni1hZGFjLWY5ZWQxMjYxYjkwNi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.W0dhQ0pWbxBQUEdKMexi99jI6RQwFuMsRKqu1HdLu6E

EDIT: Editing to put a suggestion to maybe add for the future? I'm just adding some stuff to my tree and I think it would be really handy if we could reorganise what order the Custom Info boxes are in. Like a drag and drop interface. Sometimes I might think of pieces of information later on but want to group thing into sets if they're similar to each other, and if I make a note of, say, how they died, I probably want that near the top so if they are deceased it is one of the first things someone can read. But I usually forget to put a blank box ready for that when they are alive haha so I think being able to reorganise it will be really cool! Thanks :) (Do let me know if you already can do it and I just haven't found it!)
    Post edited by KittHaven on
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
  • MrsGMrsG Posts: 1 New Member
    Only just found this! Thank you so much. I've been looking for a way to chart my sim and her two husbands family for a while and all the other tree programs I've come across only let you have one partner at a time. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    One picture isn't there because I haven't taken his photo from CAS yet.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I think something screwy is going on with Plum Tree.

I could swear I set the parents of all my Sims, but when I checked today, nobody had them; it's like somebody hit the Reset button.
    Well, that's not strictly true: The adopted Sim still showed who her adoptive mother was. It's just the biological kids who have the problem.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
  • SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    @SimQueenie9 I've noticed it too recently.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
    Sassie wrote: »
    @SimQueenie9 I've noticed it too recently.

Excellent. I am still not insane.
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    edited November 2019
    I feel like sharing my not so berry tree now that my 7th gen has just been born. unlike other people I've seen doing the not so berry challenge, I decided to switch it up and have gen 7 be the green gen instead. I wasn't too thrilled about doing pink, so I've put it off for now in favor of something a little more exciting.

I think something screwy is going on with Plum Tree.

I could swear I set the parents of all my Sims, but when I checked today, nobody had them; it's like somebody hit the Reset button.
    Well, that's not strictly true: The adopted Sim still showed who her adoptive mother was. It's just the biological kids who have the problem.

@SimQueenie9 I had that happen to me too. I also noticed when setting partners for sims it would switch every relationship back to partner even if it had been previously set to married or ex-partner.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • ThePlumtreeThePlumtree Posts: 119 Member
    Hi again all,

I pushed an update yesterday to add the missing traits and aspirations :) apologies for lagging behind on this.

I also attempted to add a fix for the issue about parents not saving properly when being set. It seems the issue only occurred some of the time as I never managed to directly see it so couldn't test if its fully fixed. If people still notice it could they drop a message here with the plum tree version (found in the nav menu at the bottom) and let me know.
    cmhREQk.png
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    @ThePlumtree thanks! 😁 Always nice to see new updates for the Plum Tree. 💗
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I’ve been using the tool for some years now. Glad to see it’s still being supported, and thanks for all that you do <3
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • jeskittiejeskittie Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I'm new to using this tool, it looks great but I'm not sure if I can get my family tree to work using it. I started with two unrelated couples, and the family tree currently looks like this https://imgur.com/a/mhovY6j

I'm only on the second gen but the couples are already linked through a child. Can this be shown in the one tree?
    jeskittie wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to using this tool, it looks great but I'm not sure if I can get my family tree to work using it. I started with two unrelated couples, and the family tree currently looks like this https://imgur.com/a/mhovY6j

I'm only on the second gen but the couples are already linked through a child. Can this be shown in the one tree?

Alas, it cannot.
  • juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2020
    @ThePlumtree I have this issue with the parents not staying saved in one of my trees that I just noticed today (I haven't played in a few months). The version at the bottom is "Version 391e3d4". Any insights why this might still be occurring?
    Hi @juliekaye - sorry you're still seeing this issue :( I was hoping the version you have had resolved this but I guess not. I'll take a look into it right away and report back if I find anything. As I said above it's a tough one to figure out as it only happens to some users so I've struggled to reproduce it.

Hope to get back to you soon with good news 🤞
    cmhREQk.png
    Hi @juliekaye - sorry you're still seeing this issue :( I was hoping the version you have had resolved this but I guess not. I'll take a look into it right away and report back if I find anything. As I said above it's a tough one to figure out as it only happens to some users so I've struggled to reproduce it.

Thank you, I appreciate you trying to figure it out!

If it helps, sometimes parents are no longer listed at all and others, if I have one of the parents who have adopted a child (like a step child) but the other parent is via birth, the adopted parent name shows up in both places with the birth parent no longer listed. At least I've seen a couple like that so far. I'm fixing them as I slowly go through them all - I'll let you know if it keeps happening.
    juliekaye wrote: »

Thank you, I appreciate you trying to figure it out!

If it helps, sometimes parents are no longer listed at all and others, if I have one of the parents who have adopted a child (like a step child) but the other parent is via birth, the adopted parent name shows up in both places with the birth parent no longer listed. At least I've seen a couple like that so far. I'm fixing them as I slowly go through them all - I'll let you know if it keeps happening.

The same thing happened with me; the adoptive parent was the only one still listed.
    Thanks @juliekaye and @SimQueenie9 for the extra information, any extra details do help. I've released an updated version that has some tweaks that may fix the problem. If you see a different version in the side nav but the issue is still there could I ask what browser you're using and a link to your tree if you've published it and I can dig deeper into those specific trees.

Thanks again for bringing this up so I can investigate, Happy Siming :)
    cmhREQk.png
    Thanks @juliekaye and @SimQueenie9 for the extra information, any extra details do help. I've released an updated version that has some tweaks that may fix the problem. If you see a different version in the side nav but the issue is still there could I ask what browser you're using and a link to your tree if you've published it and I can dig deeper into those specific trees.

Thanks again for bringing this up so I can investigate, Happy Siming :)

Thanks! I will let you know if it continues.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
    Is plum tree acting up for anyone else?
    I use Google Chrome and my tree isn't loading. I logged out and now can't log back in.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Celticgamer0 I checked and I can't load my pumtree either. I won't try to log out. Also Google Chrome.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • fwuffynessfwuffyness Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2020
    Same here. I logged out but logged back in successfully. Chrome also.

EDIT: Seems to be working now.
    Post edited by fwuffyness on
    Hi all,

Over the past 24 hours the Plum Tree had an outage where the effects ranged from trees not showing up, logins failing and general "Unknown error" messages.

The issue should now be resolved and I'm really sorry it has taken so long to get it fixed. If anyone continues to have issues please let me know. Feel free to drop a message here or via email (see https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/support).

The issue was due to high load on our database. The plum tree continues to grow in popularity each day with new users and trees and it was getting a little too much for our hard working database to handle. Some optimisation tweaks later and our database is a happy chap again.
    cmhREQk.png