Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    @MeTime85

Here ya go!

To add a brother to an existing set of parents:
    First you need to add a new person to your list of people

So from the drop down menu by the three dots on the right side of your screen select "People"
    a.png

Then select the "Add Person" button at the top of the page
    b.png

Add all your information and a picture if you wish about the sim you are adding. Don't forget to press save when you are done!

Once back to the screen that list all your people, press the "x" button in the top right corner to bring you back to the actual family tree

Then underneath you parents, there is a "+" button. Select that.
    c.png

That will add another "node" underneath your parent sims and next to your sim's brother. Here you can add the sim that you just finished adding to your people list. Just select the "edit node" button
    d.png

From there you can add all your sim. Just select the sim you want from the drop down menu
    e.png

You can also list their parents in this menu. Just select the "Person's Parents" button and fill out the form.
    f.png

Select Save and you sim has been added to the family tree!!

To add a brother to a founding sim:
    First you need to add a new person to your list of people

So from the drop down menu by the three dots on the right side of your screen select "People"
    a.png

Then select the "Add Person" button at the top of the page
    b.png

Add all your information and a picture if you wish about the sim you are adding. Don't forget to press save when you are done!

Once back to the screen that list all your people, press the "x" button in the top right corner to bring you back to the actual family tree

Then on the top of your sims "node" press the "+" button. This will add a "parent node" to your founding sim.
    g.png

Then, under that new node (the parent), select the "+" button. This will add a sibling node to your founding sim.
    h.png

Then on that new node (the sibling), you can select the edit node button
    i.png

From there you can add all your sim. Just select the sim you want from the drop down menu
    e.png

Press save and go back to family tree screen.

If you want to hide your parent node, Then select the edit node on your parent node
    j.png

Then just ckeck the "Hide Node" button to hide your node
    k.png

Your parent will then become "invisible" on the family tree
    l.png

Then when you save and publish, your tree will look like this:
    m.png

• xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Is there a way to use the extracted GEDcom from MCCC and import it into this? I can do it for family echo, but I like this one a lot better.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi, I am new for this app. I need some litle help. It is possible some edit person? change photo? I can not find, if is it possible or not?

SORRY, I am stupid , it is now ok, thanks for excellent app!

I have little idea, but I dont know if is possible. Parents can be only two, yes, but I use vamporize as create family relationship. So if some idea as set that this sim was turn in vampire this vapire?
    Post edited by Kniga_Sitara on
    @xoxJennxox I don't think so. I've not ever seen anything about importing .ged files
  • xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    @mojot89 That's too bad. It would make adding the family easier.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
    could be something that @ThePlumbob might look into in the future. Who knows
  • AlexMark_AlexMark_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! Does anyone know if the app will get any future updates? The gallery has been off for a while, and I havent seen any pets updates yet.. I really, really hope this project will continue being developped!
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Any word on a pets update ?
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
    @RoboSpongie It has been updated for pets. All the aspirations and traits and sim states are there. So I'm confused as to what needs to be updated?
  • ChellsimsChellsims Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="skelebee;c-16643411"]
    Here's my I'm A Lover Challenge family tree if anyone would like to check it out, seeing as the gallery still hasn't been fixed. Been struggling through this challenge for so long, lol. Kinda sad the site hasn't been updated still and nothing has been said about it.[/quote]

I loved the descriptions in this family tree! Actually had me chuckling away at what goes on in other people’s games :D
    Thank you @skelebee
  • KitaeliaKitaelia Posts: 85 Member
    Woah... HOW am I just finding this AMAZING tool?!?! What a godsend, this is exactly what I've been needing! Thank you so much! <3
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    How long has the gallery been down for?
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    @SimQueenie9 Its been down for a while...

Doesn't seem like its being updated on anymore
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    @x_Always_Heart_x That's a shame; it was a nice site.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Hi all! @ThePlumtree is currently working on rewriting the back end of the app, which will not introduce many immediately noticeable changes but will make it easier to release updates to the app going forward. The expected release of the new version is January/February, all going well.

The release will also resolve the gallery issue @SimQueenie9 and @x_Always_Heart_x have mentioned - currently all resource is used on the new version so no changes are made to the older (current version), but once this is released the gallery will be back online again.

We wish everyone a happy new year and happy simming!
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    Glad to hear the site's still being updated. I discovered it recently and I love it. My family trees look so neat and pretty.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Love this app so much. I use it constantly. Two tiny little issues I have that I thought I'd share. Maybe I can get feedback on what I'm doing wrong/share a feature idea. xD

I would love to be able to search the actual tree, instead of just in the list. Sometimes I'm like "I know they're in this tree somewhere... but where?!?"
    No idea if that's a feature that would actually work, it's just something that I would find incredibly helpful. xD But not necessary. (time saver. :3)
    My second thing is... oh goodness... I can not get the embed to work. I couldn't get it to work on old wordpress, and now with the new wordpress I REALLY can't get it to work. xD I have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I copied the code directly and put in my family trees URL. but I just keep getting a link url and nothing actually embedding. *shrug*
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2019
    It's an awesome tool, I just hope that I can modify sim biography, picture or trait instead of a creating a new entry of the said sim.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited January 2019
    I finally finished making the tree for my legacy family. I had to split it into two because some of the people I wanted to include aren't related to the original founder in the first tree.

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html?p= 5c38bbfdc6f67f000fdc93cf#5a7fe61667386e6721b52000
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    @izecson you don't have to. in the top right corner of your tree's screen, theres the "..." icon. on the drop down menu, click on "People", hit the "Actions>Edit" options to fix whatever you like.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    @izecson you don't have to. in the top right corner of your tree's screen, theres the "..." icon. on the drop down menu, click on "People", hit the "Actions>Edit" options to fix whatever you like.

Oh wow, I actually didn't aware of that, thank you very much.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi! I just now signed up tonight and I'm creating a family tree for my Sims, is there a way to add the parents of a spouse?
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    You'd have to make a new tree and link it to do that I believe, @SeaDragonSong.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Ok, thank you! @WildIrishBanshee
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have four generations in my Rags to Riches save and Preston Steele threw a wrench into the family tree not once, but twice! His wife gave birth to twins and then- here's the wrench- he ended up getting a former flame PREGNANT! She moved in with his sister and her family..... and I'm going to have her 'abandon' her daughter. Preston's sister and brother in law will raise the baby, named Quinn, themselves, along-side their two kids, Mason and Alexandra.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything