Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    I'm so excited about this. Here's my main family tree.

And for fun, my Not So Berry family tree.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    zefron wrote: »

How did you get their deaths listed? I lost the first two generations and the eldest of third generation and they all died from old age.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    @HillyBeth ghosts get their death type as a trait after death. So you can add their death as a trait ^_^
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
    @HillyBeth ghosts get their death type as a trait after death. So you can add their death as a trait ^_^

Thanks! All my sims have been very lucky to have died from old age. Well.... The ones who have since passed away.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Any idea when the gallery will be back up? I miss being able to see other simmers' trees!
  • Francesca-ZahraFrancesca-Zahra Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this app so much and it is so handy to keep your family trees organised! However it would be a lot better if you didn't have to link several family trees but have them as one tree. In my opinion it is a lot easier to understand them that way.
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    zefron wrote: »

How did you get their deaths listed? I lost the first two generations and the eldest of third generation and they all died from old age.

You can find all of the deaths in the "traits" section. It'll be listed as "Death by ___".
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited May 2018
    This might have been answered somewhere in this giant thread, but how do you edit a Sim you've already added to the tree? I want to change the bio of one of the Sims but I can't seem to find an option within Basic Info.

Nevermind, found the option. :D
    Post edited by HowGreatThouArt on
    aSE16f8.gif
  • EssarenEssaren Posts: 6 New Member
    Woowe... Not a lot of change in the family tree at first glance, but a lot of background stuff happened. First off Elliot DIED. ...In the middle of the flower shop one of his daughter's runs. Fighting with Eleanore. Don't worry though we brought him back to spite her! :D Naomi and Alana finally age into toddlers so I could expose their names and genders and Raoul and Alison are children now.

(https: //theplumtreeapp. com/public.html#5ab9acf96d8293000fc7d4f5)
    edited May 2018
    I haven't updated my tree, but there are almost six generations in the tree! My avatar is Hope McConnell-Adler. Her son is who I'll continue my game with, even though he'd been born after his cousin Julian McConnell(Hope's brother Henry's son). Sarah McConnell-Cole, who was the boys' grandfather's little sister, passed away from old age today.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    if it’s not too much to ask, I’d love to see the portraits be a little bigger. I just want to be able to see sims faces better lol
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I finally got around to using this. I just spent over an hour putting together a family tree for my 14 generation legacy.

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5b1d6894323b07000f0cd8c5

It doesn't have much information besides the generations themselves, maybe I'll add traits and such at some point. And the pictures are various quality, because I hardly ever remember to take screens in CAS. But I'm proud of it for now!
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    I finally got around to using this. I just spent over an hour putting together a family tree for my 14 generation legacy.

https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#5b1d6894323b07000f0cd8c5

It doesn't have much information besides the generations themselves, maybe I'll add traits and such at some point. And the pictures are various quality, because I hardly ever remember to take screens in CAS. But I'm proud of it for now!

14 GENERATIONS!! That's really impressive.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
    edited June 2018
    Six generations and counting for my save! Sadly, the twins and their spouses passed away from old age about 10-20 minutes after loading up my game. :'(

No more tree because it's getting too complicated since some of the descendants of my first generation divorced their spouses and married other people.

Parker McConnell- Aidan's son- will be a teenager soon and his parents- and dad's cousin and his wife- will be adults in two days!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Finally Published my Tree up to Generation 30 ! :D

https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#58cfd15dcc36a00e175ea0c4

I hope one day I can get To Generation 50 in the future!
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

Finally Published my Tree up to Generation 30 ! :D

https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#58cfd15dcc36a00e175ea0c4

I hope one day I can get To Generation 50 in the future!

I'm not even up to 10 yet! That's a lot of dedication and patience my friend!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Hi there!
    How do you mark someone as deceased in the tree?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    @AlbaWaterhouse

The app doesn’t have the option to, unfortunately, but you could make do with writing “deceased” in the persons bio.
    @AlbaWaterhouse

The app doesn’t have the option to, unfortunately, but you could make do with writing “deceased” in the persons bio.

Thanks for the quick answer!
    I hope they add it eventually :)
  • EssarenEssaren Posts: 6 New Member
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > Hi there!
    > How do you mark someone as deceased in the tree?

'Death by....' is a trait you can add to their traits list! Also you can set their lifestate as 'Ghost'. I think those two are as close to setting them to 'deceased' as possible :/ Hope this helps a little :D
    Essaren wrote: »
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > Hi there!
    > How do you mark someone as deceased in the tree?

'Death by....' is a trait you can add to their traits list! Also you can set their lifestate as 'Ghost'. I think those two are as close to setting them to 'deceased' as possible :/ Hope this helps a little :D

Thanks!!!
    With my Generations Challenge tree, I've been graying out the portraits after death. I know not many are a fan of this method, but it helps me keep a concise record of living vs dead without having to click on every individual Sim. I take pictures of each life state and change out the pictures as I go up until young adult, at which time they're kept like that indefinitely (until I gray them out after death) because that's the age I like to remember them as.
    Also, any updates as to the gallery feature and new additions to the app? Are y'all working on that at all, or..?
    Decades*, not Generations.
  • ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    why is the gallery not working?
    edited July 2018
    {Ignore}
    Post edited by HillyBeth on
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays