Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    edited August 2016
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    fabeme wrote: »
    For those who do not like gender colour, I think it could be nice if we could chose the circle colour we want. White by default and those who want to change it have the option to do it when they customize the Sim. It could be used for other things than gender, for those who want to identifies deceased Sim, Ghost, etc. For those who would like to choose a colour depending the type of death (fire = red, electrocuted = yellow, drowned = blue, etc. The player could chose what he likes). It could have a lot of possibilities.

Personally it would be for gender because I find it really important in my play-style. For example, I would let it white for my sims who do not identifies themselves to any gender, yellow for female and green for male.

With having the choice of the color, it could create a lot of possibilities for everyone. Then, you could let white as the default colour so people could do what they want with it.

@fabeme We will be doing that for sure - it's already in the Roadmap :)

Oh Nice ! Can't wait to see that ! Honestly, I temped to do a new save just to kill a lot of sim by different way and see a colorful tree mahahah XD

@ThePlumbob I don't know if I told you before, but if you need help for French translation, I'm voluntary.

EDIT 2 : could it be possible to add a link for the roadmap when we are in our tree ? I can't find it when I'm creating my sims and I always forget that link xD
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited August 2016
    @ThePlumbob I don't know if I told you before, but if you need help for French translation, I'm voluntary.

Yes you did and thank you very much! :) We will probably take you up on that offer in the future! :star:
    EDIT 2 : could it be possible to add a link for the roadmap when we are in our tree ? I can't find it when I'm creating my sims and I always forget that link xD

The link is just on the website before logging in, in the Support section.
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    @ThePlumbob I made a family tree for my ongoing random legacy! I'm happy that in the roadmap mentions there will be possibility for partner's own trees - because Simgods know HOW messed up my gen 2 spouse's family is!
    About @ChelleJo twins problem, I think one easy way would be a little marker over the avatar, like a double pacifier or something like that. And talking about little markers, another suggestion I have is, when we hover over the avatars, we could see the sim's name (even if it was only the first name). It could be useful for slightly blind people distracted people like me! ;)

Thank you for the amazing tool!

PS 1 : sorry if the marker idea has been given in the thread already, I got too lazy to read it through and through!
    PS 2 : If anyone is interested, my ongoing random legacy is at Tumblr , and here is the tree!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited August 2016
    Does it link to your TS4 game and populate the tree automatically?

Signed up, answered my own question. I have to type in each and every person in my very large family. TS4 already has this and all I have to do is go to the person I want to see their tree and clock one button and there it is.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Hi, thank you so much for this program. It is excellent and I find it so easy to use compared to real people family trees I have tried to use for my sims in the past.

There is just one little thing that I would like if possible and that is the ability to insert someone into the family tree if you forget them. I have a rather large sim family and I forgot to add one of their children. I have now tacked him onto the end but he is out of order. I know it is no big deal and it will probably not be the last time I get someone out of their birth order but it would be great if this could be incorporated eventually.
  • CharlieHanCharlieHan Posts: 16 New Member
    ttp://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b0c12af978430e00049ca2

Put the h in http :D

Heres my Bieber-Balor Legacy :smiley:
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    CharlieHan wrote: »
    http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b0c12af978430e00049ca2

6adMCGP.gif
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    I created three trees by accident. How do I delete? I've tried several times, and it's not working.
    For-forum.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    CharlieHan wrote: »
    ttp://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b0c12af978430e00049ca2

Wow, my eyes are tired I thought that said 'bi-polar'
  • popsk8popsk8 Posts: 2 New Member
    @ThePlumbob
    (This is Pop Maj btw) After a long hours of finding infos for the sims,(Phew :s )
    here's the Origins' family tree: ttp://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57afbd16f978430e000486b6 (put h for ttp)

My history challenge family :)

Advance apology for all my wrong sentence structures and grammatization.

Awesome trees everybody! Some of the families are massive, wow!
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob I made a family tree for my ongoing random legacy! I'm happy that in the roadmap mentions there will be possibility for partner's own trees - because Simgods know HOW messed up my gen 2 spouse's family is!
    About @ChelleJo twins problem, I think one easy way would be a little marker over the avatar, like a double pacifier or something like that. And talking about little markers, another suggestion I have is, when we hover over the avatars, we could see the sim's name (even if it was only the first name). It could be useful for slightly blind people distracted people like me! ;)

Thank you for the amazing tool!

PS 1 : sorry if the marker idea has been given in the thread already, I got too lazy to read it through and through!
    PS 2 : If anyone is interested, my ongoing random legacy is at Tumblr , and here is the tree!

@anaitapeva Hey! I think the marker idea came up in a different context. It's a good solution, but if we add too many markers for too man different things it may get harder to navigate, and the general idea of The Plum Tree is that it's meant to be clean and simple. We'll see :) We do want to change the way names are (or rather aren't) displaying at the moment though :)
    Figwit wrote: »
    Hi, thank you so much for this program. It is excellent and I find it so easy to use compared to real people family trees I have tried to use for my sims in the past.

There is just one little thing that I would like if possible and that is the ability to insert someone into the family tree if you forget them. I have a rather large sim family and I forgot to add one of their children. I have now tacked him onto the end but he is out of order. I know it is no big deal and it will probably not be the last time I get someone out of their birth order but it would be great if this could be incorporated eventually.

@Figwit I know exactly what you mean and exactly why you'd want that, and yes that's definitely something we'd like to do to make people's lives easier!
    MeTime85 wrote: »
    I created three trees by accident. How do I delete? I've tried several times, and it's not working.

@MeTime85 Yeah you can delete your tree, when you're in it just click on the cog and the delete button should be at the very bottom :)
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    @ThePlumbob ty for this!! Now I can see my whole family tree! ty ty ty :)
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    edited August 2016
    I took a trio down memory lane and re-constructed My Drifter Challenge family. Wow did it bring back memories....

http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b16e63f978430e0004a6d5
    AMB.jpg
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    edited August 2016
    The forum really does not like me cutting off half My thread..... So here is my questions too:

1) What image types are supported? Tried to download a placeholder but image was not accepted. Maybe it was because it was a stockfile?

2) A personal preference, but I really don't like mixing symbols and letters in the linking between partners. I would love for the M to be changed to say 2 linked rings....

3) Are biological vs adopted children differentiated in the tree?

4) Oh, and count me in as a Swedish translator when time comes!
    AMB.jpg
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I'm now getting: An error occured while trying to publish
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Bloudwed wrote: »
    The forum really does not like me cutting off half My thread..... So here is my questions too:

1) What image types are supported? Tried to download a placeholder but image was not accepted. Maybe it was because it was a stockfile?

2) A personal preference, but I really don't like mixing symbols and letters in the linking between partners. I would love for the M to be changed to say 2 linked rings....

3) Are biological vs adopted children differentiated in the tree?

4) Oh, and count me in as a Swedish translator when time comes!

@Bloudwed

1) jpg, png & gif

2) I agree! The M is more of a placeholder, since people wanted to show a difference between married and unmarried couples. Personally, I just use the partner plus symbol for everyone unless divorced/separated. We will be reviewing the visual side of the symbols for sure!

3) Yes, it shows up in the side panel when you click on the sim. Also, if you have both biological and adoptive parents highlighted, it will highlight the adoptive ones since the app logic assumes those are the ones who are currently raising the child. If you look at my tree, Yennefer has both biological and adoptive parents.

4) Sweet! Thank you! :star:
    crinrict wrote: »
    I'm now getting: An error occured while trying to publish

@crinrict Can you let us know the tree ID, The Plum Tree username and whether this is happening repeatedly?
    edited August 2016
    Where do I find the ID ?

Could it be this: 57af20068db55b0e00e86a0e ?

My username is crinrict and I've tried the past 5 min and it says the same all the time.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

@crinrict Looks like it has to do with the tree size. We'll investigate and try to get a fix out later today :) In the meantime, don't make any amends to your tree as it will not save. Will keep you posted!
    Would the people save ? So can I add more people but not add them to the tree ?

Thanks for looking into it. My tree IS huge, I guess
    AHQ Tutorial

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Man... now I'm curious how big your tree is! :D
    p8L4V6v.png

@crinrict Adding people to the list should be fine, it's just the tree itself that won't update.

We know what the problem is, basically we've set up certain size limitations on the server to prevent malicious attacks, based on what would be considered a suspiciously large amount of data in a single tree (meaning a potential malware attack) - and your tree is so large it's hit that number haha! It's easy to fix though! It's very cool that somebody actually has a genuine tree of that size! :)
    edited August 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »

That's the last I was able to save: http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57af20068db55b0e00e86a0e

ThePlumbob wrote: »

@crinrict Adding people to the list should be fine, it's just the tree itself that won't update.

We know what the problem is, basically we've set up certain size limitations on the server to prevent malicious attacks, based on what would be considered a suspiciously large amount of data in a single tree (meaning a potential malware attack) - and your tree is so large it's hit that number haha! It's easy to fix though! It's very cool that somebody actually has a genuine tree of that size! :)

Ups. I'm not even done yet. I'm sure legacy players will have bigger ones although, since I use MCCC my town is very alive.

EDIT:

Something else, would have been nice if save also had thrown an error as it seems that everything I did today is now not in the tree. I hit save several times but not publish
    AHQ Tutorial

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

That's the last I was able to save: http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57af20068db55b0e00e86a0e

Now that is a family tree! I'd be interested in seeing it when you are done, too. :)

p8L4V6v.png