Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• Sparkling13121Sparkling13121 Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2020
    There are a lot of things I like about this site, but few things that kinda annoy me and I can not figure out how to work around them.

2624f1d40d72c12c7e98907c4fd5b1d9.png
    I dislike how when a sim has multiple partners the tree doesn't actually show which person is the father of which child. Kind of annoying and something that most normal non-sims family tree sites can do.

It's really annoying that in order to edit a sims detail that I have to go into "edit people in tree" and if I want to change their family relationships I have to go into a different edit page. Can't all that info be on one page?

c504c781f8e818243e881fd0132f5075.png
    I wanted to edit the family relationship for one of the partners of my sim but there just isn't the option to do so. I can only edit his basic info and I can't add in other family relations.
    Post edited by Sparkling13121 on
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    I dislike how when a sim has multiple partners the tree doesn't actually show which person is the father of which child.
    if you hover over the child it will grey out all extra partners on the parent node except for the parents of the child. for example, if I hover over reef it will highlight his mom & dad, but grey out his mom's other partners.

P0YkC2em.png

It's really annoying that in order to edit a sims detail that I have to go into "edit people in tree"
    if the person you want to edit details for is already in your tree, the quickest way to update their info is to click on their node in the tree then click edit in the top left corner of the sidebar-panel-thing. this saves you from having to go into "people in tree" and searching for the sim you want to edit.

837osKkl.png

I wanted to edit the family relationship for one of the partners of my sim but there just isn't the option to do so. I can only edit his basic info and I can't add in other family relations.
    unfortunately, the only way to show off your partner's family is to link a separate tree to his node.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    @zefron I don't see the edit option in the panel that pops up.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited March 2020
    I've just learnt that if you click twice the tree zooms in. Such an amazing feature!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited March 2020

Did you accidentally turn on Preview Mode? If the "Preview Mode" slider is green, that means its on.

Incidentally, in my legacy challenge my heir's husband has children by another women and I want to record them, do I have to create a seperate tree for him? Also one of the previous generations spares husband is a Goth, do I have to create a seperate tree for them?

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member

Did you accidentally turn on Preview Mode? If the "Preview Mode" slider is green, that means its on.

Incidentally, in my legacy challenge my heir's husband has children by another women and I want to record them, do I have to create a seperate tree for him? Also one of the previous generations spares husband is a Goth, do I have to create a seperate tree for them?

https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/guides/linking-sims-to-other-trees
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    I don't know if someone has already asked this but I really like that you can add pets as nodes! But is there any way to link a pet to a sim without making them a partner of the sim? It's sad that pets just exist and then disappear and I would really love if they could be represented in the family tree in some way.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Fiddeliz wrote: »
    I don't know if someone has already asked this but I really like that you can add pets as nodes! But is there any way to link a pet to a sim without making them a partner of the sim? It's sad that pets just exist and then disappear and I would really love if they could be represented in the family tree in some way.

Exist and then disappear?
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member

I usually put them down as the child of the sim as we normally call them our 'furbabies' lol
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

I usually put them down as the child of the sim as we normally call them our 'furbabies' lol

Same. It feels weird putting them as "kids," but...what're you gonna' do?
  • RockyMightSimRockyMightSim Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm not able to create my account, it says there's an unkown error.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Are you able to use it for Sims 3?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2020
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Are you able to use it for Sims 3?

Yes. All you do is upload pictures and add information. You'll probably have to manually write in the traits and aspirations, though.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    None of the sims on my tree have parents listed anymore, even though I know for sure that they used to.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • simstariasimstaria Posts: 2 New Member
    sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you do this exact link where an icon has on its side 2,3 icons along (for exes or friends or such)? And please dont say i have to link up my sims because they make a whole different tree and i want to have them on the same tree since its just 1 or 2 sims http://prntscr.com/s8l6qt (this is a link of pic for example)
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Hi guys, can someone explain to me how to set a partner's partner? So I know you're supposed to click the wrench icon to add a partner. But that only exists in the "main" sim. I need to add a partner to her partner but he doesn't have that wrench icon next to his name? But I think I see other people doing it in their trees, I just can't find the option.
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    @simstaria & @xMyrthe I'm assuming you're talking about how jaef is set as slayne's partner in this example.

what I did was click on mally's wrench since she'd be the main sim in this case. then I added slayne as her partner and in the same box typed jaef's name in. by doing this it set jaef as the smaller node attached to slayne.

it should look like this when you're done.
    Partner Sim(s)
    [ Slayne x ][ Jaef x ]

I followed the same instructions when I added capbrita & aztin to isabeau's node as well.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    @zefron thanks! That helped :) I guess it doesn't really show current or ex-partner, but I'll just add that in the description of the sim :)
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Is there a workaround for the sluggishness/lagginess in my family tree? At the moment, it has five generations and I'm trying to add more.

What do you mean as lagginess? I start my families tree today and I want not to make useless work, so it is some limits about numbers sims in one tree?
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,040 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Is there a workaround for the sluggishness/lagginess in my family tree? At the moment, it has five generations and I'm trying to add more.

What do you mean as lagginess? I start my families tree today and I want not to make useless work, so it is some limits about numbers sims in one tree?

I don't think there's a limit on how many sims you can add. I have 114 sims in my family tree at the moment. It does have a slight lag when I move around the tree itself, but it doesn't stop me from using it lol

https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/58842c8d83cded4b33139d2f
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Hi guys, just to let you know we have finally updated the app with Eco Lifestyle traits and aspirations :) We have made some tweaks to how the app works behind the scenes too, so do let us know if you experience any bugs with the newest update!

Happy simming! :)
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    There's no way to add a partner's family, is there? I'd like to add my sim's husband's mother (and future relations too) but I'm beginning to think it's not possible. I'm guessing you can't add step-kids either without making them part of the other sim's line?
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @MelsieYT You can but it would have to be through a linked tree. For step kids you can always use the biological parent field to show their actual bloodline.