Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple questions

Hi, I don't usually poke my nose in here (tablet that I was playing it on broke so I haven't had any chance to play it for months lol), but I had a couple questions. Was the dragon thing a special side quest? The once a month special quest and store item for a few weeks after it ends???

Do quests like that ever repeat? I'm not sure.
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Book of Spells quest gave us pet dragons if we completed it within a week. But the main purpose of the quest was to give us the spell casting hobby. The quest was one of the main quests which you have to do before you will get the next quest. Such quests aren't repeated.

My android tablet suddenly couldn't be turned on a week ago. But is only 8 months old. So it is to repair and I won't have to pay for its repair. I hope to soon get it back though.
  • Options
    MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    @SeaDragonSong :

I don't remember the book of spells quest at all and I have been playing for awhile now.

Just curious, what kind of tablet do you have? I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet that I used for a few games and it died too. It won't turn on at all now. It's a bummer. I normally just play Sims on my smart phone.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited August 2016
    I had a Trio:) {technically my moms but I was borrowing it} one but it got accidentally sat on it a couple months ago and it broke :( I don't have a smart phone either. Android 4.4.4 operating system

Isn't the Book of Spells quest the one with the magic store? I haven't ever gotten it built, when I had a way to play, I was often busy with the other quests.
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    I'm on level 30 now and have been playing for awhile, but definitely don't remember the Book of Spells quest.

What level are you at now?
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Um, idk it's been a few months
    Story_Banner.png
  • Options
    I'm on level 30 now and have been playing for awhile, but definitely don't remember the Book of Spells quest.

What level are you at now?
    It is one of the main quest which gave you the spell casting hobby and should become available about lvl 8. See https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/10/23/the-sims-freeplay-book-of-spells-quest/
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Just curious, what kind of tablet do you have? I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet that I used for a few games and it died too. It won't turn on at all now. It's a bummer. I normally just play Sims on my smart phone.
    I have both an old iPad 2 and a newer iPad Air 2 and they both have worked very well. I play this game on the new one and don't use the old one much anymore because it now has become quite slow. But otherwise it still works.

I also have a new (8 months old though) Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet but is to repair because it suddenly couldn't be turned on either. But I expect to very soon get it back now. My android phone (also Samsung) have sometimes had similar problems. But they can always be solved just by removing the battery and then putting it back again. So the problem with my tablet likely was that it has a battery which can't be removed at all.

Generally I can recommend iPads over android tablets. The reason is that I have tried a lot of games on both types of devices and the games generally are more stabile on iOS devices. I am sure that the reason is that there are much fewer different iOS devices compared to the very huge number of different android devices. So the app developers have a much easier job when they test games or other apps on iOS devices. But it is probably impossible for the developers to make sure that their apps don't have small glitches on all the huge number of android devices.

For the Sims Freeplay there is a glitch on my Samsung tablet which makes the pop-up boxes too small unless I immediately enter the game after restarting my tablet. The too small boxes will return if I enter too many other apps before I re-enter the Sims Freeplay. So if this is the case then I have to restart my tablet again.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options
    Oh wow. Do you like iPads over Android devices for other things too, or mostly just games? I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro without a removeable battery thats not turning on. Its just over 2 years old but out of warranty. Its a bummer. Didnt have it that long. I play Sims on my smartphpne but it does use data when Im not on wifi.
  • Options
    @MusicMeg222 In principle I prefer android over iOS because you can make many more modifications to its user interface. I am a computer scientist who loves this access. But Apple doesn't allow it.

I also like that highend android devices have more power (stronger processor) than iOS devices. This means that they last longer and that they have enough power to run games which are made several years out in the future while iOS devices have to be replaced more often because they have less power. But alas it also usually means that the battery time is shorter for highend android devices than for iOS devices.

I have only little experience with cheap android devices. But they have the advantage that they are very affordable for people who only want to phone, send emails and surf on the net. Usually they have very little memory though. But if you at most is interested to run one or two games or other apps then they are a cheap way to get a good device for it. I can't live with that myself though because my habit is to install dozens or maybe even more than a hundred apps on my devices ;)

But iOS devices are more stable than android devices. They can also be bought with much more memory while android devices usually still can only be bought with at most 32 GB. Android devices can instead be expanded with MicroSD cards which are fine if you only need the extra memory for photos. But it is my experience that almost all apps just refuse to use that kind of memory. So Apple's way is much better.

I like to have both iOS devices and android devices because then I can use the other type for apps which work better there. Some apps are only available if you have iOS. But I have problems right now because one my iOS TV apps can't use chromecast at all on iOS (it supports Apple TV in that version instead and I don't have Apple TV) and the other TV app has a bug right now which prevents it from logging on my chromecast too. But none of those problems exist in the android versions for the same apps which both work very well with my chromecast ;)

Freeplay works on both iOS and android. But several older Sims apps were only released in iOS versions. I have also other types of apps beside games where the problem was that those apps weren't released for both operating systems. So if should choose only one smartphone and one tablet then I would still choose an android smartphone and an iPad :)