Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 4 Only Have Four Expansions Total?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited August 2016
    @pepperjax1230 , to whom are you referring? The person above you or the guy in the video you supplied? I happen to fully agree with the guy in the video. I have played the Sims, since 2005 beginning my "gaming" experience with the Sims2. I also made the transition to Sims3, based on the perks EA said it had. I also waited for every EP hoping and praying interactions that were "missing", yet essential to my enjoyment, to be returned. Guess what, they never were. :open_mouth: I would have been happy to have them added with a new twist to them, such as the twist on reading to the children and the fact our Sims could read to the toddler in their crib. I loved the fact that toddler was sitting next to the reader instead of across from them AND being able to help turn the page. So sweet. That was a wonderful improvement upon what once was. As for other interactions I completely missed, they never returned. They did give us a Nursery Set from the Store which allowed us to bathe both babies and toddlers, but it just wasn't up to the interactions from Sims2, nor was it an improvement. I bought it in all hope that interaction could be ticked off of my list of needs.

This Simmer ended up with a love/hate relationship with Sims3, as a result. Now, Sims4 has removed a life stage altogether, and many are grousing over the too subtle differences between teens/YAs and Adults. I can't blame them. While I don't, personally, have a problem with the teens being as tall as they are (I have two sons in RL and they shot up quickly), at least we don't have what appear to be 13 year olds driving cars! But they need more of a distinction. Teens are NOT YAs, and YAs for the most part are NOT teens. I was in my last year as a teen when I got married. Huge difference from the me I was two years prior.

I'm teetering on the edge of leaving this game when I really thought EA had given us back our Sims. (That was the 'hook' for me.) The way the Sims were in Sims3, so far different from how lively and FUN they were in Sims2, that alone isn't enough anymore. I was resigned to not purchasing ANYTHING else beyond the base game, unless I saw something in it that it would be well worth it. I liked how lively the Sims were in the game. I fell for the trap, yet again. I have everything to date. Now, I'm seriously considering playing just Sims2 & 3. I know it will be hard going backward, missing the CAS, the look of the Sims themselves, and the build mode of this game and the other perks it offers, but, in time, I'll get over it, I'm sure.

Unless or until EA fixes Sims4.
    The person is referring to the website and I am just commenting on the video on that website. I have been playing the sims since 2003 when it was still the sims 1 and I have never expected anything for any of the new games. The base game shouldn't be a stand alone game it has far to little to do to even be that. Besides we have GP now to and we never had GP so really in all honesty we should not be getting the same amount of EP like in previous games. I mean we should get a good amount but we also have like mini EP with GP so I don't know here he is going with that.

That was the point of the video. A lot of games have enough to do that they don't need new packs. The packs should be available for when you want to add something different....not need to be there to add stuff because the base is empty and has little to do.

I played the S2 base for months without wanting extra content. I was able to play S3 for quite some time before wanting new content (and neither of these had all the content he was talking about).

I played TS4 for an afternoon on the day it was released and I needed extra content then.
    A stand alone game to me is a spin off of the game and it can just stand alone without getting more because it has the content. I don't see Sims 4 as a stand alone game because they take things out of the game to add later in other forms of content EP,SP or GP. Having said that I don't see where it is written we should have 4 EP by the time Sims 4 is 2 years old. We have GP which is basically one themed mini EP's. So if we have less EP you aren't seeing the GP are filling that void to.

Ah, yes, but expansion pack is just that. The Base game should be complete enough that you can play it for quite some time and be happy. When you need a bit more, presto, here comes the expansion pack, which is meant to add to what you already have, as in add dimension, not give back what should have been there from the start.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    well the original poster is worng the more we get the better and do answer this with the old games did you get monkey bars or a sp with extra stuff to make kids bedrooms and me from my point of view the more expansionpacks stuffpacks and gamepacks are made the more fun the sims4 becomes makes me wonder what fun stuff the third expansionpack of the sims4 will give us i hope its pets then seasons will wait and see

The OP is an opinion just as what you just said is an opinion. More packs aren't going to fix the flaws in the game.

And about content like monkey bars....where are the slides and swings? The baseballs? The footballs? I didn't see any of those in the base of TS4.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    4 expansions total? if we're lucky. the less damage that the current camarilla does to the franchise the better. i just hope so much damage hasn't already been done that it can't rebound.

Interesting points, but what is a camarilla?

Let Google be your friend :D
    A camarilla is a group of courtiers or favourites who surround a king or ruler. Usually, they do not hold any office or have any official authority at court but influence their ruler behind the scenes.

Ah, yes, but I just did an internet search and all I got for my efforts was it's a city in Ventura County, CA (which I already knew being from CA originally) or that is was a Spanish or Cuban dish. Than you, so very much for the definition, as it was meant in the reference. :)

:D I just Googled the word and that definition was at the top of the first page.

Well, there, you see, that was my problem I don't Google. I hate Google. They spy on us and collect our information to sell. Or weren't you aware of this?

:D I figure that anywhere I go on the Internet someone is looking over my shoulder. If they want to peek at my bland Google activity ....have at it. :D

Now Amazon...that's reached epic stalker lever. I can browse Amazon on my computer and the next time I pick up my tablet I'm bombarded with ads. Stalker I tell ya!!!!!
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    4 expansions total? if we're lucky. the less damage that the current camarilla does to the franchise the better. i just hope so much damage hasn't already been done that it can't rebound.

A camarilla is a group of courtiers or favourites who surround a king or ruler. Usually, they do not hold any office or have any official authority at court but influence their ruler behind the scenes.

Ah, yes, but I just did an internet search and all I got for my efforts was it's a city in Ventura County, CA (which I already knew being from CA originally) or that is was a Spanish or Cuban dish. Than you, so very much for the definition, as it was meant in the reference. :)

:D I just Googled the word and that definition was at the top of the first page.

Well, there, you see, that was my problem I don't Google. I hate Google. They spy on us and collect our information to sell. Or weren't you aware of this?

:D I figure that anywhere I go on the Internet someone is looking over my shoulder. If they want to peek at my bland Google activity ....have at it. :D

Now Amazon...that's reached epic stalker lever. I can browse Amazon on my computer and the next time I pick up my tablet I'm bombarded with ads. Stalker I tell ya!!!!!

Be extra careful with Amazon. My husband's work credit card got hacked inasmuch as phony charges were added to it, when the plant manager used it. :open_mouth: Apparently, he used the card for an Amazon purchase, too. Whoopsie!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Icy_Lava wrote: »

In literary terms, like the king's comrades who tend to influence him...So I'm not super sure what he means here. Probably he meant as in like EA's influence.

I shall reply to you both...

When I looked the word up I actually thought the fanbbase influencing TS4, you know the 'if you put this in our game then the game will be better'

It is said that there was a group of players trying to influence TS3's development a few years back and that the only reason there was a generations EP was because of a few players...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @pepperjax1230 , to whom are you referring? The person above you or the guy in the video you supplied? I happen to fully agree with the guy in the video. I have played the Sims, since 2005 beginning my "gaming" experience with the Sims2. I also made the transition to Sims3, based on the perks EA said it had. I also waited for every EP hoping and praying interactions that were "missing", yet essential to my enjoyment, to be returned. Guess what, they never were. :open_mouth: I would have been happy to have them added with a new twist to them, such as the twist on reading to the children and the fact our Sims could read to the toddler in their crib. I loved the fact that toddler was sitting next to the reader instead of across from them AND being able to help turn the page. So sweet. That was a wonderful improvement upon what once was. As for other interactions I completely missed, they never returned. They did give us a Nursery Set from the Store which allowed us to bathe both babies and toddlers, but it just wasn't up to the interactions from Sims2, nor was it an improvement. I bought it in all hope that interaction could be ticked off of my list of needs.

This Simmer ended up with a love/hate relationship with Sims3, as a result. Now, Sims4 has removed a life stage altogether, and many are grousing over the too subtle differences between teens/YAs and Adults. I can't blame them. While I don't, personally, have a problem with the teens being as tall as they are (I have two sons in RL and they shot up quickly), at least we don't have what appear to be 13 year olds driving cars! But they need more of a distinction. Teens are NOT YAs, and YAs for the most part are NOT teens. I was in my last year as a teen when I got married. Huge difference from the me I was two years prior.

I'm teetering on the edge of leaving this game when I really thought EA had given us back our Sims. (That was the 'hook' for me.) The way the Sims were in Sims3, so far different from how lively and FUN they were in Sims2, that alone isn't enough anymore. I was resigned to not purchasing ANYTHING else beyond the base game, unless I saw something in it that it would be well worth it. I liked how lively the Sims were in the game. I fell for the trap, yet again. I have everything to date. Now, I'm seriously considering playing just Sims2 & 3. I know it will be hard going backward, missing the CAS, the look of the Sims themselves, and the build mode of this game and the other perks it offers, but, in time, I'll get over it, I'm sure.

The person is referring to the website and I am just commenting on the video on that website. I have been playing the sims since 2003 when it was still the sims 1 and I have never expected anything for any of the new games. The base game shouldn't be a stand alone game it has far to little to do to even be that. Besides we have GP now to and we never had GP so really in all honesty we should not be getting the same amount of EP like in previous games. I mean we should get a good amount but we also have like mini EP with GP so I don't know here he is going with that.

That was the point of the video. A lot of games have enough to do that they don't need new packs. The packs should be available for when you want to add something different....not need to be there to add stuff because the base is empty and has little to do.

I played the S2 base for months without wanting extra content. I was able to play S3 for quite some time before wanting new content (and neither of these had all the content he was talking about).

I played TS4 for an afternoon on the day it was released and I needed extra content then.
    A stand alone game to me is a spin off of the game and it can just stand alone without getting more because it has the content. I don't see Sims 4 as a stand alone game because they take things out of the game to add later in other forms of content EP,SP or GP. Having said that I don't see where it is written we should have 4 EP by the time Sims 4 is 2 years old. We have GP which is basically one themed mini EP's. So if we have less EP you aren't seeing the GP are filling that void to.

I'm not sure of your idea of stand alone and spin off.

A stand alone game is one that you can play without needing anything else. A base game should have enough content that you should only need to buy any packs when you want to add something. A pack should not be a necessity to make the base game interesting. A base should be interesting enough to play all by itself.

An example I can think of is the base wouldn't necessarily have a carnival pack but you might want to add a carnival to your game.

A spin off for the Sims series would be The Sims Medieval, Castaway or any of the story series.

• Options

Be extra careful with Amazon. My husband's work credit card got hacked inasmuch as phony charges were added to it, when the plant manager used it. :open_mouth: Apparently, he used the card for an Amazon purchase, too. Whoopsie!

Yeah I always hear horror stories about sites. I've been an Amazon customer for about 8 years and a Amazon Prime member for about 5 and never had a problem. I've had a PP account for 13 years and never had a problem. To the best of my knowledge I've never had an account breached. That just shows you how bland my Internet activity is.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

A stand alone game is one that you can play without needing anything else. A base game should have enough content that you should only need to buy any packs when you want to add something. A pack should not be a necessity to make the base game interesting. A base should be interesting enough to play all by itself.

An example I can think of is the base wouldn't necessarily have a carnival pack but you might want to add a carnival to your game.

A spin off for the Sims series would be The Sims Medieval, Castaway or any of the story series.

My point is there is enough to do in the base game without any extra content. I only add the content because I like more clothes hair and furniture. I never thought that sims 3 had enough to keep me busy as a stand alone game either. I find sims 4 a step up from having more content in the base game. I liked having nightclubs right from the start it was fun and I can't possibly do everything in the game I have never done. Like I can't possibly do everything in TS3 and TS2 that I have never done when you add more content it gets harder to do the things you have never tried in the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Icy_Lava wrote: »

In literary terms, like the king's comrades who tend to influence him...So I'm not super sure what he means here. Probably he meant as in like EA's influence.

I shall reply to you both...

When I looked the word up I actually thought the fanbbase influencing TS4, you know the 'if you put this in our game then the game will be better'

It is said that there was a group of players trying to influence TS3's development a few years back and that the only reason there was a generations EP was because of a few players...

I thought the post was about the developers of TS4? Was it really about fan boys/girls?
  • Options

My point is there is enough to do in the base game without any extra content. I only add the content because I like more clothes hair and furniture. I never thought that sims 3 had enough to keep me busy as a stand alone game either. I find sims 4 a step up from having more content in the base game. I liked having nightclubs right from the start it was fun and I can't possibly do everything in the game I have never done. Like I can't possibly do everything in TS3 and TS2 that I have never done when you add more content it gets harder to do the things you have never tried in the game.

I'm pretty imaginative and I've been known to creatively make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but I have to say a few hours after installing TS4 on release day I was at a loss. So we diverge on that point.

And your other reason....yeah kind of the point of packs....more stuff to do. Example....I bought WA for TS3 and I played and played and played. Every day .....actually every day and I still hadn't done all there was to do. I still had things to do when Ambitions came out. I don't find that same level of replay in this version.....after an afternoon I'm at a 'been there, done that, next' point.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I'm pretty imaginative and I've been known to creatively make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but I have to say a few hours after installing TS4 on release day I was at a loss. So we diverge on that point.

And your other reason....yeah kind of the point of packs....more stuff to do. Example....I bought WA for TS3 and I played and played and played. Every day .....actually every day and I still hadn't done all there was to do. I still had things to do when Ambitions came out. I don't find that same level of replay in this version.....after an afternoon I'm at a 'been there, done that, next' point.
    I said the more content you the harder it is to do things you have never done. LOL I didn't say I actually wanted to do them because I have just moved from 1 game to the next without ever exploring what the game had to offer. :smirk:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    I am actually still exploring new things to do in the Sims 1, 2, and 3. Generally only thing new I like exploring in the Sims 4 is how patches work out and for bug hunting. How I can remember bugs that were introduced back in December 2014, I don't know XD, but that patch broke a lot of things. I think it was the April one this year that broke a lot of things too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    @cameronw209 Check out the bugs/feedback categories of the forum, and EA support section.

In my game, I can't play GTW properly. I've tried it on both a Macbook Pro and a gaming PC with a GTX 970 and other specs way over recommended specs, and my Sims freeze and stutter like crazy. I make my Sim do something simple like take a picture of a criminal and it takes them about 2 hours to do one Sim with all of the freezing. I thought the purpose of the closed world was to prevent this? I honestly get MORE freezing in TS4 than I do in TS3. It's insane.

Then there's an issue with time flow itself -- it's constantly resetting itself. Especially each morning. When all Sims are asleep, the timer goes REALLY fast, as it was designed, but then it seems to go too fast and loses synchronization with the simulation. It goes backwards to correct itself a ton. Then, before it is time to send my Sim to work, it constantly is getting messed up and jumps ahead. Time flow and time controls are such a basic feature of The Sims; how do you get this wrong?

Genetics are another issue, and the developers have acknowledged there is an issue. Over time, certain features of a Sim's face become distorted, primarily, the chin. It seems to shrink with each generation, and I've tested this in my game too. It's like certain features are just exempt from becoming influenced by genetics.

Social levels, or relationship bars, constantly reset themselves in my game, too, and this is an issue for many others. I can't enjoy playing the game with more than one household because all of my progress gets reset when I do.

AHHHH this explains so much! I was so sad that one of my most handsome Sims never passed on his big chin to any his children - his sons had such tiny chins... I can't believe that genetics are messed up like that!
  • Options

I said the more content you the harder it is to do things you have never done. LOL I didn't say I actually wanted to do them because I have just moved from 1 game to the next without ever exploring what the game had to offer. :smirk:

I think we are talking about two different things.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Wait, are you guys really afraid of derailing a thread that is based on a site that says that EA made Diablo 3?
    You might as well use this site if you dont care about sources...
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am actually still exploring new things to do in the Sims 1, 2, and 3. Generally only thing new I like exploring in the Sims 4 is how patches work out and for bug hunting. How I can remember bugs that were introduced back in December 2014, I don't know XD, but that patch broke a lot of things. I think it was the April one this year that broke a lot of things too.

I thought I was the only one who did that. :)
  • Options
    SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think the sims 4 will have more than 4 expansion packs. I'm sure EA will come up with a creative plan to make it work. :)
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

I thought I was the only one who did that. :)
    LOL nope. It actually makes the game fun. XD Like find the bugs!
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Today i wrote very intersting theory here http://ts4news.com/ about expansions. And I note this theory has a right to exist because all the sims series lasted for four-five years. The Sims 4 is two years now and we have only 2 expansions! And i think maybe this is truth that the game packs and stuff packs and free patches make up for the lack of expansions? Remember that we have never had game packs and so frequent stuff packs in neither the sims 2 nor in the sims3! But we had stable expansions. What do you think, simmers?

It could be, maybe 4 or 5. It seems like is not that easy to expand properly with this game core and Game Packs and Stuff Packs are more suitable for this iteration.

OP changed "I wrote a very interesting theory" to "one player wrote a very interesting theory".... I'm pretty sure this whole thing is just clickbait.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

I don't think it matters how "imaginative" you are because everyone is imaginative in their own way. I absolutely agree that TS4 was lacking heavily in traditional content upon its initial release, but I still managed to clock in a lot of time.

You can say there is subjectivity involved here, which there absolutely it, but the subjectivity is most likely weighted towards an initial perception or opinion about the game before its release and we all know was there a lot of opinion about TS4 before its release. :D
  • Options

I don't think it matters how "imaginative" you are because everyone is imaginative in their own way. I absolutely agree that TS4 was lacking heavily in traditional content upon its initial release, but I still managed to clock in a lot of time.

You can say there is subjectivity involved here, which there absolutely it, but the subjectivity is most likely weighted towards an initial perception or opinion about the game before its release and we all know was there a lot of opinion about TS4 before its release. :D

I included the part about imagination as I've been told before that I don't enjoy TS4 because my imagination must not be up to par.

But you see I was happy to order the game. One of the things I wanted most was for Sims to recognize their surroundings and have emotions based on that. When I would play homeless Sims or rags to riches stories it bothered me that Sims could be just as happy either place. The pre-release information indicated that Sims would now react to surroundings. I had no idea it meant only things like viewing a painting of a rocket ship would get them primed for hooking up.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

I included the part about imagination as I've been told before that I don't enjoy TS4 because my imagination must not be up to par.

But you see I was happy to order the game. One of the things I wanted most was for Sims to recognize their surroundings and have emotions based on that. When I would play homeless Sims or rags to riches stories it bothered me that Sims could be just as happy either place. The pre-release information indicated that Sims would now react to surroundings. I had no idea it meant only things like viewing a painting of a rocket ship would get them primed for hooking up.

Well then I won't go into elaborate detail about the emotion system because there are a lot of guides that cover the system and I'm sure you're already aware of them. I will point out that you've given quite a limited description of it.

As for measures of creativity and imagination, I can't remember who said it earlier in the post, but Jack stated how TS2 is a great game, it has become repetitive, to which someone else responded saying they didn't agree because they are creative so TS2 is still a lot of fun for them.

What I'm getting out of this kind of argument is the game with the most "imaginative" gameplay makes the better game. First of all, how do you measure someone's imaginative capabilities? Secondly, how does someone's supposed lack of imagination automatically make the game bad? If so, then for me TS1 would be a bad game because I can't play it anymore due to my lack of imaginative gameplay. However, I couldn't label TS1 a bad game because I know I use to enjoy it a lot and so did many others. It's just that I'm done with practically all of the features of that game. So the imagination argument is pretty much set up for failure.

It does seem as though this imaginative gameplay is tied to a disposition that either prefers an older iteration or adjusts to a new one (TS4). I would say that I have adjusted to the new one because I play in ways that I never played before (e.g. rotational, collectable driven, craftables). I could do some of these things in the other games but I can't because TS2 doesn't have universal aging or collectables that appeal to me and the craftables are limited in terms of their diversity. TS3 is a no because I don't like the way the game looks or how the sims behave in it. Then again someone may disagree with me (and most likely will) because they still find "imaginative" qualities in another game that I don't, but as I pointed out that doesn't necessarily make it a bad game.

I hope I've made sense here. I feel like I haven't made my point clear, but I'm too busy with study to refine it. :neutral:
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    We'll probably get more than 4 EPs in the lifespan of the game. They could have periods where they decided to work on SPs and GPs more, and then the next period could be almost entirely devoted to working on EPs for the future.

But if what people want is for the BG to be fixed before any more packs come out, I guess that they should completely halt any packs their working on and devote all of it to the BG, since the packs are absolutely useless for anyone if the BG isn't good enough. Because bugs keep getting introduced in packs and break the game, because it's not like packs have done that before a lot of times before TS4. So just shut down any DLC operations and get to work on just making mega-patches for the rest of this game, with DLC being a no-go until the BG is entirely fixed to the "perfect" standards that everybody will absolutely agree on and have no problems about. Yeah, realistic standards and expectations.

From what we've been told there are separate teams for EP's, GP's, SP's and 'engagement features' (free content). It stands to reason that each team should be able to accomplish their own projects without halting another team or their progress. At most I would assume resources could be shared between teams, but that should never affect production, if so that means they are understaffed.

There are separate teams, but remember that they can shift resources to other packs that they feel need more in order to be completed or polished enough. During the news drought earlier this year, with the extreme lack of any packs or news, they most likely shifted resources and presumably a bit more man power to working on the gender patch. This could've been done in tandem with the 2 SPs and the GP released, but they made it clear that their focus was on this patch. If the EP was being worked on during this time, it's possible that they, along with the other pack teams, went to help the engagement team with converting with some spare resources they may have had left over from the development stage, or by deciding to have some of the staff working under the team to help out with the gargantuan task of conversion, along with the gender options and new lighting developed.

Then again, maybe the EP team just decided to spend nearly a year to create a pack that would feel "complete" to many of the Simmers, especially the family part, which they've known are one of the most vocal and biggest subsets (at least here) of the Sims fanbase.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    We'll probably get more than 4 EPs in the lifespan of the game. They could have periods where they decided to work on SPs and GPs more, and then the next period could be almost entirely devoted to working on EPs for the future.

But if what people want is for the BG to be fixed before any more packs come out, I guess that they should completely halt any packs their working on and devote all of it to the BG, since the packs are absolutely useless for anyone if the BG isn't good enough. Because bugs keep getting introduced in packs and break the game, because it's not like packs have done that before a lot of times before TS4. So just shut down any DLC operations and get to work on just making mega-patches for the rest of this game, with DLC being a no-go until the BG is entirely fixed to the "perfect" standards that everybody will absolutely agree on and have no problems about. Yeah, realistic standards and expectations.

From what we've been told there are separate teams for EP's, GP's, SP's and 'engagement features' (free content). It stands to reason that each team should be able to accomplish their own projects without halting another team or their progress. At most I would assume resources could be shared between teams, but that should never affect production, if so that means they are understaffed.

There are separate teams, but remember that they can shift resources to other packs that they feel need more in order to be completed or polished enough. During the news drought earlier this year, with the extreme lack of any packs or news, they most likely shifted resources and presumably a bit more man power to working on the gender patch. This could've been done in tandem with the 2 SPs and the GP released, but they made it clear that their focus was on this patch. If the EP was being worked on during this time, it's possible that they, along with the other pack teams, went to help the engagement team with converting with some spare resources they may have had left over from the development stage, or by deciding to have some of the staff working under the team to help out with the gargantuan task of conversion, along with the gender options and new lighting developed.

Then again, maybe the EP team just decided to spend nearly a year to create a pack that would feel "complete" to many of the Simmers, especially the family part, which they've known are one of the most vocal and biggest subsets (at least here) of the Sims fanbase.
    Means I must be louder for deviant players like me too. >:) No play style left behind!
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    This blows. Remember when they said that they switched over to a new engine with a new system that was capable of making every one of our wishes come true? The "free" content is nice, but really doesn't help with the shallow gameplay atm. We need more traits, aspirations, careers, worlds, life states, life stages...these are all things that GPs/ SPs cannot deliver. We need way more EPs