Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculations for Future Content

I hope this is the right section to post this in, if not i hope it gets moved to avoid confusion :$
Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys for your speculations for the next few packs...
Idk I was kinda thinking about what could be next and I don't have any ideas, so what do you think? :)
Origin ID: Selxna

Comments

• SimsècretSimsècret Posts: 54 Member
    I hope they will surprise us with some kind of combined seasons/vacations pack. Since they've been releasing SP's with a seasonal background. Also it would be nice to have some kind of generation/school/university pack, so you can join your household children going to school and already choose a certain type of education. for example children who want to be a doctor can already study human science when they are teenager.
    Also a pack with more building tools would be cool!
    Pets and farming EP I would love! but I don't think we'd get some pack like that in the near future.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm hoping it's a Generations-type pack with toddlers. After that, I really want a modern city/beach world with apartments.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Generations with toddlers and flushed out teens and elders please !
    After that I would to see pets and seasons type Packs. Apartments would be fun also
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    At least one of these type of threads pops up here every day. Understandable given the EP drought. We're all thirsty for something substantial.

I'm hoping for seasons. I'll settle for pets or some supernaturals. I'll be very disappointed if it is toddlers.
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    At least one of these type of threads pops up here every day.

I'm sorry :$ I don't wanna clutter up the forum or anything, I was just wondering in my head and thought I'd ask the community :$
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sel wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    At least one of these type of threads pops up here every day.

I'm sorry :$ I don't wanna clutter up the forum or anything, I was just wondering in my head and thought I'd ask the community :$

Don't be sorry. Nobody has any business telling you what to post and when. All I meant is that just about everybody seems really interested or concerned about the topic. We all want a new EP.
  • Phoenix_RainPhoenix_Rain Posts: 321 Member
    Obviously toddlers, it would be cool if there was preteens too idk. A supernatural ep would be amazing too!
    2yy9g61.png
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    im hoping for something new thats completely different from boring old pets and todlers
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm hoping for a Seasons/Vacations EP and Theme park Gamepack.
  • Mizz_TriceyMizz_Tricey Posts: 32 Member
    I'm hoping for a pets/university EP. I'm an animal science major so I'm hoping they come out with some new fields to study.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm more interested to know if we'll get another teaser in early September or late September. There must be something coming out in September. Slow year for releases so far, other than stuff packs - but it's cool. They're working hard behind the scenes on this game. It's pretty eveident with the slow down of content being pushed out - which is a great thing IMHO! I swear direction changed after production management shifted earlier this year - I just have gripe with EA Corporate or those holding back honest flow of information on what's going on behind the scenes. They've never been this quiet in all of the series I think. Which is fine, as long as the game is getting the attention it deserves.

In a perfect world they bring toddlers back in EP3 in a hybrid version of University. I've shared my thoughts before on this idea but essentially it's the same coding for all levels of education, just different meshes, clothing for teachers in different levels of school. But who knows what they have planned.

I'm wondering when Cars will return. A Game pack or an EP or a patch? Either way my biggest hopes for new content are Toddlers, Cars, Seasons, Apartments. (I think Apartments could be a great game pack theme!) Would love to see some cleaning stuff added into this idea too. Sims 4 has a lot of potential because of the way content is now delivered. I'd love to see new improved versions of old things. So far it's been yes and no. Biggest fail in my opinion was the GTW retail checkout feature. Highly disappointing to short cut like that and hope they rectify this somehow (or a modder, lol - either way someone help! LOL)

Really looking forward to the next season of pack releases. I'm assuming an EP and SP's.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    A new world and new aspirations/traits are desperately needed.
    Or a CAW tool
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    edited August 2016
    Conclue wrote: »
    I'm more interested to know if we'll get another teaser in early September or late September. There must be something coming out in September. Slow year for releases so far, other than stuff packs - but it's cool. They're working hard behind the scenes on this game. It's pretty eveident with the slow down of content being pushed out - which is a great thing IMHO! I swear direction changed after production management shifted earlier this year - I just have gripe with EA Corporate or those holding back honest flow of information on what's going on behind the scenes. They've never been this quiet in all of the series I think. Which is fine, as long as the game is getting the attention it deserves.

In a perfect world they bring toddlers back in EP3 in a hybrid version of University. I've shared my thoughts before on this idea but essentially it's the same coding for all levels of education, just different meshes, clothing for teachers in different levels of school. But who knows what they have planned.

I'm wondering when Cars will return. A Game pack or an EP or a patch? Either way my biggest hopes for new content are Toddlers, Cars, Seasons, Apartments. (I think Apartments could be a great game pack theme!) Would love to see some cleaning stuff added into this idea too. Sims 4 has a lot of potential because of the way content is now delivered. I'd love to see new improved versions of old things. So far it's been yes and no. Biggest fail in my opinion was the GTW retail checkout feature. Highly disappointing to short cut like that and hope they rectify this somehow (or a modder, lol - either way someone help! LOL)

Really looking forward to the next season of pack releases. I'm assuming an EP and SP's.

I'd bet on a Stuffpack for November .
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Apartments are an essential thing to Sims 4 do to the limited amount of space available to place lots in the game. So unless they are planning to make more land accessible to place lots in the game. They need to bring back apartments for the amount of space that we have now.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Ideally I'd love to see more 'free time' type stuff. New skills to gain, new objects to use and unlock special things like the sewing machine from Sims 2! But I'd like to see new things and old as well. I loved the fixer upper car from sims 2 and sims 3 roaring heights, but wouldn't it be cool if our sims could collect stamps or explore caves and have a spelunking skill? :) That'd be fun to me. Ultimately I'd love to see a nice mix of old and new that added plenty of new object/skill interactions. I figure that's probably not likely though as it seems we don't tend to get multiple new interactions all in one pack. I know I'm asking for too much at once :P
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    I would like for the small backyard telescope to return. The Backyard Observatory is nice and all. But it takes up way to much room, and you certainly can't place the thing inside. The Backyard Observatory is just flat out impractical for a sim to have at home. It's great for public use on a community lot. But not for sims to privately use at home.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I would like for the small backyard telescope to return. The Backyard Observatory is nice and all. But it takes up way to much room, and you certainly can't place the thing inside. The Backyard Observatory is just flat out impractical for a sim to have at home. It's great for public use on a community lot. But not for sims to privately use at home.

Ooh I totally agree. I'd love to have just a small, one tile little normal telescope. Maybe even a normal (like some of us had as children) desktop microscope. The way they are sized now, unless you choose to live on the biggest lots you can't really find room for them.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

Ooh I totally agree. I'd love to have just a small, one tile little normal telescope. Maybe even a normal (like some of us had as children) desktop microscope. The way they are sized now, unless you choose to live on the biggest lots you can't really find room for them.
    Oh so very true! In fact I was considering adding that part about how it would very hard to find room to place The Backyard Observatory on a small lot where the house that's sitting on that lot takes most of the lot it's self. I was considering adding that part to my last comment on here. ;)

@sunman502 Yeah, I actually have a few homes on tiny lots that I've had to put the observatory on the roof. It works ok with ultra modern builds but looks really odd on a victorian farm house. :P
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    @sunman502 Yeah, I actually have a few homes on tiny lots that I've had to put the observatory on the roof. It works ok with ultra modern builds but looks really odd on a victorian farm house. :P
    It will work on the roofs of those older houses if they are mansion size, and the observatory is sitting towards the rear of the house. But I know that not all fans of the game are fans of that sort of gameplay. Which is another reason why that backyard telescopes should return to the game.

• cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    New foods to cook , I , personally could live without toddlers BUT know that so very many Simmers love them so I hope you get that soon , shower woo hoo please - hey , what is up with my teens being able to do the neck kiss but when they get older they forget ?? That is just WRONG and should be extended into the older ages , maybe a pottery thing , new aspirations? Oh , I'd love bee's in a box or a skep ( the woven conical thing) for gathering honey or whatever.
    Brain and fingers have quit on me - any way those are a few things I'd like to see for everyone in the near future - oh , and more room for people to live in , stop giving us stuff to fill the places we all say we don't have enough room in already.
    I'm hoping for a bedroom stuffpack with lots of new beds.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    Generations or Education expansion pack with a toddler patch would be my dream. Then after that I would mind a Pets EP with Voidcritters or exotic animals. Then a Seasons/Vacation EP with natural disasters. I want at least one new life state per each EP.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If it consists of a new lifestate, I'm sold.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    They said it will be a new idea that was never implemented before. I hope it is a generation pack with toddlers and preteens. Preteens is a new thing :p
    Just hoping
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif