Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vote For The Life Of Toddlers!

Comments

• Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    PLEASE BRING BACK THE TODDLERS!!

This game, the sims 4, is, now for me, like a computer software program for 3D architecture designing rather than a family game, for the build mod is exceptionally well made while the game play is... nah..

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    NO NO NO
    [snipped because TOO big]

o:)
    yes.gif

No20Art20050425e.jpg

[img]https://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances/500x/43812846.jpg[/img]

I want to participate but I dont remember how to embed a pic
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ifreshyeh wrote: »

LOL what did we start? First find a picture, copy the link with the .jpg or .gif file, then when quoting click the folder icon to the right of the chain icon. Paste the link in there and there you go. You can also just type [img][/img] with the link file inside those brackets. Welcome to forums by the way even though it was probably a little while ago.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

LOL what did we start? First find a picture, copy the link with the .jpg or .gif file, then when quoting click the folder icon to the right of the chain icon. Paste the link in there and there you go. You can also just type [img][/img] with the link file inside those brackets. Welcome to forums by the way even though it was probably a little while ago.

Thank you, but yeah I've been here quite a while :D I took a break after TS3 ended so with my memory problems, I forgot so many things lol
    Also
    3f84003.jpg
  • Options

Thank you, but yeah I've been here quite a while :D I took a break after TS3 ended so with my memory problems, I forgot so many things lol
    Also
    3f84003.jpg
    No worries, I forget things all the time and congrats and your welcome. Now if only I could forget toddlers I'd have it a lot easier on forums. XD Darn memory loss only works for some things. Welcome back then. I didn't join forums myself until the Sims 4. I've been hiding in my Sims games for years since 2002.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    308 Yes votes so far
    45 No votes

87 Percent of the 353 people want them.Simple speak 8 out of every ten simmers almost 9 but somehow they are still not in game.

Then you can hardly go on a Sim youtube video without seeing the want for them
    Tons of threads
    Etc etc

Then the powers that be pretend these things are invisible. :|

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited August 2016
    Aine wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    theres 100 threads about the ifs and hows....1 is stickied. just let ppl dont want t*****s omg
    But why? How does it make you happier to deprive someone else of something that doesn't even affect you? Really? It's not that hard to skip a life stage. It's harder to play a life stage if it doesn't even exist. How would it seem to you if I said no to a feature or a life stage that you really wanted? Life stages should be easy to skip or avoid. It would never really affect me if a life stage I didn't want to play with was included in the game. It's not very likely I would even oppose a bad feature as long as I can avoid most of it. I don't get why anyone would even think of saying no to things being added to this game, because of the nature of the game itself. I just don't get it.

No one is depriving anything from anyone by voting "no" on an unofficial poll or by saying they don't want something added to the game. This isn't a poll EA put out to get a better idea from the players if they should add this to the game or not. The only ones depriving you of anything is the developers of the game for not adding it to the game--not someone from the community voting "no" on a poll.

People have their reasons as to why they vote no, they have a right to want certain things (and not want certain things) in the game, and they are not required to give an explanation as to why they voted the way they did.

The poll is just for fun; to get an idea of what percentage of players want toddlers and what percentage doesn't with the hope that EA will take notice of the poll and how many people want toddlers (although I am sure they know by now, poll or no poll, the demand for toddlers ;):# ).

let people vote how they want and stop focusing on why there are some that are voting no (Because you are most likely never going to get a satisfying answer as to why some don't want this life stage) and be happy that there is a huge demand for toddlers, so you're not alone in wanting them added to the game.

keep-calm-and-play-sims-4-7.png

Exactly, Brunette. Thank you. Nobody is depriving anyone of anything. The only petty thing around here is the poll as it lacks neutrality and makes assumptions. If EA releases an official poll, I'm happy to answer because that's when I know they're listening. I've been around a long time, and for that long time, unofficial polls, especially multiple ones, along with "petitions" go ignored, and likely will continue to. They likely have something regarding toddlers in the works, and if you need to buy an expansion for it, so be it. If you choose not too, they'll still make money while you miss out. They know this. All they need is something shiny enough to get you to buy it. Some huge feature with toddlers as a side dish. That's how it's always worked, regardless of all the pecking and whining going on. People tried it on the old Sims 3 forums, they tried it over on the Sims 2 BBS and it worked out the same way.

EA is a business and their bottom line is profit. Their bottom line is not catering to 300+ people who will refuse to buy an expansion with toddlers (again, all they have to do is make an expansion good enough and add toddlers into it to get you to buy it - or you'll just do without and they'll continue profiting - you technically lose either way). A business needs a profit first and foremost, especially if it wants to continue producing. Now, what does adding toddlers hurt? Absolutely nothing. But that's the strategy. Add it in an expansion, get more money. They have been doing this for years. It's not new to those of us who have been around to see it. And yes, it's actually a smart business practice. If they priced the base game at 70 bucks and just slam everything you could want into it, there would be no need for expansions, no need for stuff packs and DLC, nothing. And at this time, the money it takes to make a game has gone up. They need to at least break even. They need a profit. Sorry to those of you who are clinging to this hope that toddlers will just be thrown in for free, they likely may not do it. If they do? That's fantastic. But be prepared. They know there's a big call for it. You'll likely have to pay for it if you want it.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Also
    3f84003.jpg

omg.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    308 Yes votes so far
    45 No votes

87 Percent of the 353 people want them.Simple speak 8 out of every ten simmers almost 9 but somehow they are still not in game.

Then you can hardly go on a Sim youtube video without seeing the want for them
    Tons of threads
    Etc etc

Then the powers that be pretend these things are invisible. :|

Yes, 8 out of 10 out of the 300+ who have voted in this poll want them. That does not take into account that 11 million copies have been sold in the initial release and 175 million copies of the first three TS4 games have been sold. There are more than 300 people who play this game. There are more than a thousand, more than ten thousand, and more than a hundred thousand. EA hires people to count these numbers and gauge the demand. Especially if they release an official poll. Don't worry, I'm sure they have a read on just how much of a demand there is. That's what they hire people for.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Hope y'all know you're wasting your time hoping anything will come from this thread. But carry on.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    EA is a business and their bottom line is profit. Their bottom line is not catering to 300+ people who will refuse to buy an expansion with toddlers (again, all they have to do is make an expansion good enough and add toddlers into it to get you to buy it - or you'll just do without and they'll continue profiting - you technically lose either way). A business needs a profit first and foremost, especially if it wants to continue producing. Now, what does adding toddlers hurt? Absolutely nothing. But that's the strategy. Add it in an expansion, get more money. They have been doing this for years. It's not new to those of us who have been around to see it. And yes, it's actually a smart business practice. If they priced the base game at 70 bucks and just slam everything you could want into it, there would be no need for expansions, no need for stuff packs and DLC, nothing. And at this time, the money it takes to make a game has gone up. They need to at least break even. They need a profit. Sorry to those of you who are clinging to this hope that toddlers will just be thrown in for free, they likely may not do it. If they do? That's fantastic. But be prepared. They know there's a big call for it. You'll likely have to pay for it if you want it.
    Honestly if the focus is only profit, I'm pretty sure EA would just do away with the PC market and focus on mobile since it costs a ton less to develop and not only does the Sims Freeplay have toddlers and other life stages, it is making money too and why EA continues to brag about the Sims Freeplay instead of the Sims 4 with their financial reports. ;)
    "Our mobile games, from EA SPORTS to The Sims to Star Wars, are tapping into the passion of our players
    and offering captivating ways to engage, no matter where you are."

EA is doing very well with their mobile and sports market. FIFA alone made them 75 million in sales. I mean think about it, wouldn't it be cheaper for EA just to focus on the mobile market? Sure they could release the toddlers in an EP, but that would damage Maxis' reputation in the long run. Short-term profit, but not profitable in the long run. From an accounting perspective, it would be a very naive move to make. Long-term profit benefits the company more in the long run. Many have stated that if toddlers aren't patched in, they will leave the franchise for good. I think after the SimCity fiasco, Maxis would want to take the routes least damaging to their reputation. I guess it is a matter of what matters more, customer retention or short-term profits. Notice some basic customer retention statistics: http://blog.accessdevelopment.com/index.php/2013/11/the-ultimate-collection-of-loyalty-statistics

Notice these two points:
    "55% of consumers said they are not likely to continue being a customer of a company that ignores their feedback
    97% of consumers said they are somewhat likely to become more loyal to a company that implements their feedback"

I used this logic to explain my observation when implementing any feature whether it is toddlers or something else to SimGuruDrake.

" So Simmer A says I like yellow paint, then Simmer B says I like red paint, then Simmer C says I don't care for either paint color, I like blue paint. Then Simmer A is like I'm glad the art store has only yellow paint. Then Simmer B comes into the store asking where the red paint is and gets ignored. Then Simmer C comes into the store, sees that there is only yellow paint, buys it even though they like blue paint. Then Simmer B tries coming into the store again to see if there is red paint, no luck. Simmer A keeps coming into the store purchasing yellow paint along with Simmer C. Simmer A tells Simmer C that yellow paint is better. Simmer C says they still like blue paint and not to force their opinion on them. Then Simmer A tells Simmer B that yellow paint is better, then Simmer B says red paint is better and this goes back and forth until bother Simmers leave the store and Simmer A comes back. So which paint color do you offer? Do you offer just one or all three?" Like do Simmers want blue, yellow, red, purple, green, orange, or brown? I much prefer brown and there to be something to fit all the play styles not just one or two. When it comes to the Sims 4, family play and deviant have been the most alienated play styles so far. If anything I think Simmers with those play styles have become more than patient especially considering how impatient some Simmers get when they want something again for their play style only after a week later of their play style being catered too. Like how many of the same versions of party, food, clutter, and outfits do Simmers need? Why not provide something different for the Sims 4 for a change and allow more gameplay that will provide a longer retention rate. Why I think the Kids Stuff pack was the best SP to date because it is the only SP I think that didn't feel like a SP and that will provide a ton of replay value. There is only so many YA focused packs Simmers can handle before they get sick of them. Time for the Sims 4 to cater to other life stages too. I mean do Simmers really want the Sims 4 just to be another Urbz copycat?

The only time a life stage has been added via expansion pack was the Sims 2 University. YA were confined to one world and they couldn't use home lots. But oh well if Simmers want the Sims 4 to be the lesser base game of the past two iterations with life stages again, so be it. Sims 2 and 3 and the Sims Freeplay still have better life stages and I doubt the Sims 4 will even be at par with them. I think it is awesome knowing the game with toddlers, Sims Freeplay is still doing better than the Sims 4. But yeah I do have to agree with SimGuruDrake, toddlers aren't the only issue of what Simmers can't connect with this iteration. They are just one small symptom of a larger disease plaguing the Sims 4 division of the community issues. Honestly I was thinking Simmers would have given up on toddlers by now and just waited for them to return in the Sims 5. It would be cheaper to develop them in a new iteration anyways. Wouldn't effect the bottom line at all for the Sims 4 that way. ;) Pretty sure even if toddlers came in an EP, there would be a backlash from Simmers that want them and don't want them. Oh what a mess that will be. I predict comments, "Why put toddlers in an EP that could have had other features that I wanted more instead?"

Yes I'm probably over analyzing the whole situation, but eh, this accounting stuff was my focus and business is what I got a degree in. I know that toddlers put into a patch and then followed by an EP that provides content for all the life stages equally will make Maxis the most money. That way themes like Seasons and Pets can also have toddler interactions included in them too. It's just the most logical solution. I also hope age sliders are brought back.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
  • Options
    Honestly if the focus is only profit, I'm pretty sure EA would just do away with the PC market and focus on mobile since it costs a ton less to develop and not only does the Sims Freeplay have toddlers and other life stages, it is making money too and why EA continues to brag about the Sims Freeplay instead of the Sims 4 with their financial reports. ;)
    "Our mobile games, from EA SPORTS to The Sims to Star Wars, are tapping into the passion of our players
    and offering captivating ways to engage, no matter where you are."

EA is doing very well with their mobile and sports market. FIFA alone made them 75 million in sales. I mean think about it, wouldn't it be cheaper for EA just to focus on the mobile market? Sure they could release the toddlers in an EP, but that would damage Maxis' reputation in the long run. Short-term profit, but not profitable in the long run. From an accounting perspective, it would be a very naive move to make. Long-term profit benefits the company more in the long run. Many have stated that if toddlers aren't patched in, they will leave the franchise for good. I think after the SimCity fiasco, Maxis would want to take the routes least damaging to their reputation. I guess it is a matter of what matters more, customer retention or short-term profits. Notice some basic customer retention statistics: http://blog.accessdevelopment.com/index.php/2013/11/the-ultimate-collection-of-loyalty-statistics

Notice these two points:
    "55% of consumers said they are not likely to continue being a customer of a company that ignores their feedback
    97% of consumers said they are somewhat likely to become more loyal to a company that implements their feedback"

I used this logic to explain my observation when implementing any feature whether it is toddlers or something else to SimGuruDrake.

" So Simmer A says I like yellow paint, then Simmer B says I like red paint, then Simmer C says I don't care for either paint color, I like blue paint. Then Simmer A is like I'm glad the art store has only yellow paint. Then Simmer B comes into the store asking where the red paint is and gets ignored. Then Simmer C comes into the store, sees that there is only yellow paint, buys it even though they like blue paint. Then Simmer B tries coming into the store again to see if there is red paint, no luck. Simmer A keeps coming into the store purchasing yellow paint along with Simmer C. Simmer A tells Simmer C that yellow paint is better. Simmer C says they still like blue paint and not to force their opinion on them. Then Simmer A tells Simmer B that yellow paint is better, then Simmer B says red paint is better and this goes back and forth until bother Simmers leave the store and Simmer A comes back. So which paint color do you offer? Do you offer just one or all three?" Like do Simmers want blue, yellow, red, purple, green, orange, or brown? I much prefer brown and there to be something to fit all the play styles not just one or two. When it comes to the Sims 4, family play and deviant have been the most alienated play styles so far. If anything I think Simmers with those play styles have become more than patient especially considering how impatient some Simmers get when they want something again for their play style only after a week later of their play style being catered too. Like how many of the same versions of party, food, clutter, and outfits do Simmers need? Why not provide something different for the Sims 4 for a change and allow more gameplay that will provide a longer retention rate. Why I think the Kids Stuff pack was the best SP to date because it is the only SP I think that didn't feel like a SP and that will provide a ton of replay value. There is only so many YA focused packs Simmers can handle before they get sick of them. Time for the Sims 4 to cater to other life stages too. I mean do Simmers really want the Sims 4 just to be another Urbz copycat?

They aren't going to do away with the PC market as the PC market still makes them a significant amount of money. Just because you make more money elsewhere doesn't mean you get rid of something that still makes you money. As long as the PC market is profiting, they'll continue to delve into it, which is exactly what they are doing. That particular point is not only invalid, but lacking in any experience about those matters.

Your two points are duly noted and here's my response:
    Unofficial straw polls, especially multiple, are not going to be a backbone of whether or not a developer puts something into a game. At the most what it will do is give them cause to potentially release an official poll. That's about all you get. A bunch of clamoring on a sims forums with angsty little straw polls will get you next to nowhere. But hey, do you.

And I feel bad for SimGuruDrake.
  • Options
    As far as the issue of toddlers themselves, I don't care one way or the other if they are implemented or not. I don't begrudge anyone for wanting them, and I don't begrudge anyone for not wanting them. People play the game differently and have their own tastes. What I begrudge is certain people (not you), accusing others of being "selfish" and "ruining their game" because they didn't want toddlers. Good. Grief. The victim mentality has reared it's ugly head.

And tack on the fact that some people want to try to tell a multi-million dollar company how they should be running it. I run a business. I want to cater to the wants and needs of my customers on everything, but I can't. That's because I need to generate revenue to make sure my business actually stays in business. And I said EA's bottom line is profit. It is. Nothing changes that. They may keep The Sims around because their devs enjoy developing it and they recognize a huge love of the game, but the game also still makes them money. If that changes, they will likely stop making it.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

They aren't going to do away with the PC market as the PC market still makes them a significant amount of money. Just because you make more money elsewhere doesn't mean you get rid of something that still makes you money. As long as the PC market is profiting, they'll continue to delve into it, which is exactly what they are doing. That particular point is not only invalid, but lacking in any experience about those matters.

Your two points are duly noted and here's my response:
    Unofficial straw polls, especially multiple, are not going to be a backbone of whether or not a developer puts something into a game. At the most what it will do is give them cause to potentially release an official poll. That's about all you get. A bunch of clamoring on a sims forums with angsty little straw polls will get you next to nowhere. But hey, do you.

And I feel bad for SimGuruDrake.
    That right there is why I think it is unwise for any feature or playstyle to be omitted. See any company concentrating on the bottom line only isn't a good business practice. They have to focus on their customer retention too because that also affects their bottom line long term.

Oh I know polls won't do much. Maxis even ignored the 25,000 signature poll regarding toddlers and pools. But at least pools came back. Why they still send out surveys is beyond me. Even the official polls only reach certain Simmers that have x amount of play time and are a young age. I don't even know how SimGuruDrake can collect enough data to know what each subset of the community wants, but sadly will require multiple sources. I do like the poll she did for teasers. That was really cool.

Yeah she has it tough and yes I have no idea why she puts up with me. XD I'm like the worst friend ever for her, yet she still likes me on forums for I have no idea other than being a fellow deviant and OUAT fan. Life stages are my achilles heel. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I think it's fairly unwise too. When they announced TS4 and that toddlers wouldn't be in it among other things, and that there would be loading screens, I did a double-take. What? Why? What sense does this make? Felt like the franchise had stepped backwards instead of forwards.

However, I'm not a game developer. I don't know the ins and outs. I don't work for EA, I don't know what they have planned. I know little, so I try to assume little. And it would be nice if a lot of other simmers did the same. As far as pools coming back and not toddlers, I have to guess it's being planned for future release. I do think there is probably enough of a call for it, but I don't know for absolutely certain. They'll sneak it into a big hyped up expansion pack and there you go. That would be my guess, given how they've treated that sort of situation in the past.

And I'll say it right now, I'm not an EA fan. I put up with SWTOR and I put up with Sims for the games themselves, and I also give kudos to the game developers for the work they do. I just don't like the corporate and I don't like how customer service is. Customer service was great back during the days of The Sims 1, but once the new CEO of EA came on during the time of The Sims 2, everything tanked, and in my opinion, hasn't fully recovered. I don't play any mobile games and refuse to. I'm still the old fashioned PC/Console gamer and don't see that changing anytime soon. But, that's me being a dinosaur. Mobile gaming has its pros and is getting stronger and stronger (Pokemon Go is a great example).

I have played The Sims 4 three or four times since getting a copy. My sim hasn't even gotten married or had kids. I am waaaay behind. And I don't have anything but the base for TS4.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I would love to have toddlers!
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »
    theres 100 threads about the ifs and hows....1 is stickied. just let ppl dont want t*****s omg
    But why? How does it make you happier to deprive someone else of something that doesn't even affect you? Really? It's not that hard to skip a life stage. It's harder to play a life stage if it doesn't even exist. How would it seem to you if I said no to a feature or a life stage that you really wanted? Life stages should be easy to skip or avoid. It would never really affect me if a life stage I didn't want to play with was included in the game. It's not very likely I would even oppose a bad feature as long as I can avoid most of it. I don't get why anyone would even think of saying no to things being added to this game, because of the nature of the game itself. I just don't get it.

No one is depriving anything from anyone by voting "no" on an unofficial poll or by saying they don't want something added to the game. This isn't a poll EA put out to get a better idea from the players if they should add this to the game or not. The only ones depriving you of anything is the developers of the game for not adding it to the game--not someone from the community voting "no" on a poll.

People have their reasons as to why they vote no, they have a right to want certain things (and not want certain things) in the game, and they are not required to give an explanation as to why they voted the way they did.

The poll is just for fun; to get an idea of what percentage of players want toddlers and what percentage doesn't with the hope that EA will take notice of the poll and how many people want toddlers (although I am sure they know by now, poll or no poll, the demand for toddlers ;):# ).

let people vote how they want and stop focusing on why there are some that are voting no (Because you are most likely never going to get a satisfying answer as to why some don't want this life stage) and be happy that there is a huge demand for toddlers, so you're not alone in wanting them added to the game.

keep-calm-and-play-sims-4-7.png

Exactly, Brunette. Thank you. Nobody is depriving anyone of anything. The only petty thing around here is the poll as it lacks neutrality and makes assumptions. If EA releases an official poll, I'm happy to answer because that's when I know they're listening. I've been around a long time, and for that long time, unofficial polls, especially multiple ones, along with "petitions" go ignored, and likely will continue to. They likely have something regarding toddlers in the works, and if you need to buy an expansion for it, so be it. If you choose not too, they'll still make money while you miss out. They know this. All they need is something shiny enough to get you to buy it. Some huge feature with toddlers as a side dish. That's how it's always worked, regardless of all the pecking and whining going on. People tried it on the old Sims 3 forums, they tried it over on the Sims 2 BBS and it worked out the same way.

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything on these forums as much as I agree with this.
  • Options
    Zango11Zango11 Posts: 133 Member
    I want toddlers so badly. I've misplaced my TS3 disk and haven't been able to have a family with toddlers in about 2 years. As a generational type player this makes me really sad. I just know that when toddlers finally do come out I won't be able to afford the pack they're in and seeing everyone's toddlers on the forum will make me very sad :'( Time to start saving :D
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I haven't voted because you yet again failed to include a "Don't really care" option.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I voted! and I think toddlers belongs in the game and it should be free, it just makes sense. I say that because when pools and ghost wasnt in the game. They made it possible for them to be patch in free for players who wanted them in. Why not toddlers for the players who has been asking for them since beginning. Which its a life stage that makes its complete.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Hope y'all know you're wasting your time hoping anything will come from this thread. But carry on.

Hope you know you are wasting your time commenting on this too but carry on : D
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »

I don't know why people purposely waste time in opening and typing out an ugly comment on a thread they don't like. Seems like they have a lot of time to waste. But carry on.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    O.P. Why did you call this a census and not a poll? A poll is an accounting of peoples interests but a census is an accounting of a topic. Because toddles do not exist yet, they, therefore, can not be counted in a census, however, the desire for toddlers can be polled.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    O.P. Why did you call this a census and not a poll? A poll is an accounting of peoples interests but a census is an accounting of a topic. Because toddles do not exist yet, they, therefore, can not be counted in a census, however, the desire for toddlers can be polled.

M8 please stop trying to come in and find any reason to complain. I called it census and want it to stay like that. Get over it :expressionless:
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?