Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers for those who love them!

2...Next

Comments

• DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Because as a baby I never went on to experienc the toddler stage.
    From a bizarre genetic disorder I aged rapidly to a child. I never experienced that bonding period with my parents.
    I was launched immediately into the world of elementary school and school peers.

The Sims is the only way to experienced that wonderful period that I missed.
    Only... the Sims 4 doesn't have them!! And I am experiencing that horror again through TS4 sims.
    Sad.gif

ROFL!

Bizarre genetic disorder...or something else? I'm thinking more along the lines of being Sil's long, lost brother from "Species." When you add in the rapid jump from child to teen/adult hybrid it all makes sense! ;)
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I would like toddlers because even though they are not an huge part of my game play, when a child pop out of the crib he or she feels like a stranger in the house, and because if you want to make a family in cas, you either have to pick young adult(s) and child or adult(s) and child (or teen, but then you don't get to grow the family child), and both ways it feels wrong to me. 20 years old with a 10 years old looking child is just wrong, adults with a child will never get to be there when the child become a young adult.

TRUTH!
    These pictures sum up my first and last experience with that.
    09-19-14_1-19nbspPM-2.png

Right out of the bassinet, one child.
    09-19-14_1-20nbspPM.png

09-19-14_1-25nbspPM.png
    Creepy as plum!
    The first and last couple in my game and no more children.

I even find the bassinets creepy. It's like the pod people, maybe they should have put the babies in pods, just grow them.

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    It all comes down to not only an important life stage but a loss in important family play as well. how is a family supposed to bond with an object baby in a bassinet that magically turns into a child 3 days or more later? Wheres the family play in that? I have two boys, one who is 3 and the other is almost 6 months and I miss my 3 year old being 6 months old and I know I will miss my 3 year old and how amazingly fun and heart filling to watch him grown up and learn so many new things. To watch his reactions for trying new foods and learning new words and how excited he is to share it with myself and his father. how he will come and tell us he used the potty and how we cheer him on and encourage him to continue to do so. He came to me today singing a song he made up and got me all emotional because hes growing up so fast and soon he will be in school and wont want to hang around me like he does now. How can I recreate my current family without that stage? Not only do they need to incorporate toddlers but make it so babies aren't only objects. I find myself just aging them up when I have the chance, because I can seem to want my sims to bond with it. Wheres the family play in that?! My youngest rocks back and forth on all 4's right now, rolls around like crazy. Loves bright colored things, Babbles, loves being lifted in the air and has his own unique little crazy personality ALREADY. With the bassinet babies Theres none of that. Its just THERE.... :(
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Because it's life. I don't know how else to say that. I remember my own children fully grown way past thirty now, and how precious they were when they were toddlers. And yes, I could get irritated, aggravated, but I never stopped loving. The terrible twos are looked back on with laughter instead of regret. Those days are gone, long gone over thirty years ago, but nothing can take the place of picking up that toddler to comfort, tickle, play airplane with food, wipe their nose, feel their head to make sure they were not sick, cuddle them, bounce them on my knee, hover over them as they first pulled up by the end of a coffee table, my arms outstretched to protect them in case they would fall onto the sharp end, those days we didn't have round furniture, hold their hand to get them to stand, bend over following behind them with hands surrounding their sides but not touching as they walked their first steps following along behind to make sure they didn't fall. Priceless.

Their first words which was da da instead of mama, :/ sitting in the floor playing with together with their round peg into a square hole blocks, helping them learn how to use the See n Say, reading them a book like 'See Jack Run, See Jill Run' ..... getting up in the middle of the night to check to make sure they were o.k.

How anyone can hate toddlers is beyond me. Someone so precious who is depending on me to take care of them, protect them, teach them, feed them, bathe them, I just can't even explain why I want them in The Sims, again.
    Amen. Sticky this and nobody needs to ever ask this question again.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I think that the reason why people didn't like them is because TS3 could be a big GRIND with them if you're playing on a Normal Lifespan. Its not so much the toddlers themselves that were disappointing, but the lack of interactions (same with babies) and fleshed out gameplay. I think it got a bit better if you bought Generations, and had some of the store content baby items. That's not the toddler-stages fault, by any means.. that's a game being lazy with a lifestage (cough, TS4 teens and babies, cough cough).

My regret is that they for ONE didn't include them at all, and TWO didn't bother to flesh out the infant and toddler stage. Lots of people would LIKE to have more interactions and more, lets say ramifications, on what would happen as you raised the child. More interactions between those life stages and objects and people (toddler-baby, toddler-toddler, toddler-child, toddler-pets...) etc. and special interactions for Elders... might have been nice.

I'd love to have them back. I stopped playing, for one.. because of the bassinet baby-Child thing. But also because genetics were borked for me, and gameplay was lacking. I don't believe it will happen, but... I hope it does and I really hope that they are a well developed life stage.

I mean... look how cute they were!! (are) Imagine the TS4 pixar version! Especially if they had better gameplay.
    24798172726_205244d303_c.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio