Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• SnuggleFoxySnuggleFoxy Posts: 106 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Hey guys well I have been wondering about this for a while now and I actually read in many places that apparently the next expansion pack might be city living or supernatural for the sims 4. I can't confirm this if its real or not but its just based on many articles I have read recently about it and many think it might be coming out this month.
    To be honest if its one of the 2 I mentioned I would be very disappointed as I expected pets,generations or seasons cause these 3 were my [/b]favorites in all sims games I played. I guess I wont mind if its city living that much as long as it won't be like the expansion pack late night from the sims 3 cause I found late night to be fun but it also had a lot of bad things to it that i didn't like for example the annoying celebrities(I think this system was broken cause just random people were celebrities) and paparazzi that kept following me around. If city living would be city living with a laundromat and all that fun stuff it would actually be fun.
    But yea that is just my opinion about what I found.
    What are your thoughts about the 2 rumored to be the new ep? and when do you think it will be out?

So, you're saying they should create packs you want first and the rest of us can eat dirt?

no thats not what Im saying you took it far off to a direction I wasnt even sending it to
    All i ment was that if thats what they are going to let out as an ep it would be a disappointment to a big part of the community cause from what I see most people want packs like I mentioned and this was a personal opinion after all.
    Im not saying let the others eat dirt thats not what I ment at all you took it a bit too far buddy...
    And I personally dont mind these packs I just hoped for things like seasons and pets to come back fast just cause these are big things many people want back and I also think they are big things missing from gameplay that i hope would come back fast
    You see that beautiful sim over there in the profile picture? Her name is Piper Brown one of my favorite sims I have ever made shes a free spirit may we all be free spirits like her ^-^~
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    There's been no official word on it, besides that it's being worked on and that SimGuruDrake likes it. If an official announcement one of the official sites is made, then you can be sure about the theme. Also, how come you get "news" from numerous other sites but you're too lazy to go on the official websites and social media platforms ? It's literally 2 clicks away from here. Instead you ask people and already judge the next EP by what you think it's going to be. I'm sorry but I hate laziness and judging based on speculation.

Here's a list of SimGuru profiles on twitter ( although the link only seems to work if you're logged in on twitter, also SimGuru Doi Scatt was missing from it last time I checked ) :
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSims/lists/simgurus
    https://twitter.com/GrimSuruDoi

The official Sims profile on twitter :
    https://twitter.com/TheSims

The official Sims profile on facebook :
    https://www.facebook.com/TheSims/

The news section on the official homepage :
    https://www.thesims.com/news

I think that should be enough, check these if you want clarification, sometimes the Gurus also tease things on twitter which is why I listed them here ( aside from giving you a lot of interesting facts about the game, some fun everyday life stuff and the occasional joke you might like )

I did check on official websites aswell but as you can see they dont seem to be saying much about it so I went researching on other websites aswell and most of them just seemed to be talking all about these 2 eps that they might be next so I was asking about opinions as I mentioned i dont know if its true or not I just asked about thoughts and I did look into official websites ^-^
    You see that beautiful sim over there in the profile picture? Her name is Piper Brown one of my favorite sims I have ever made shes a free spirit may we all be free spirits like her ^-^~
    Hey guys well I have been wondering about this for a while now and I actually read in many places that apparently the next expansion pack might be city living or supernatural for the sims 4. I can't confirm this if its real or not but its just based on many articles I have read recently about it and many think it might be coming out this month.
    To be honest if its one of the 2 I mentioned I would be very disappointed as I expected pets,generations or seasons cause these 3 were my [/b]favorites in all sims games I played. I guess I wont mind if its city living that much as long as it won't be like the expansion pack late night from the sims 3 cause I found late night to be fun but it also had a lot of bad things to it that i didn't like for example the annoying celebrities(I think this system was broken cause just random people were celebrities) and paparazzi that kept following me around. If city living would be city living with a laundromat and all that fun stuff it would actually be fun.
    But yea that is just my opinion about what I found.
    What are your thoughts about the 2 rumored to be the new ep? and when do you think it will be out?

So, you're saying they should create packs you want first and the rest of us can eat dirt?

On the other hand maybe the poster is someone who, like me, have found the packs might be interesting to others but not themselves. We're still just waiting for a pack we like or to use your words....are the ones who have been eating dirt.

Gald someone got my point XD
    I find all of them interesting I just hoped for something more interesting than supernatural and city living(not that theyre not interesting too...they are just not much like seasons and all the ones I mentioned)
    Trimoth wrote: »
    I'm hoping for generations, but I would love supernatural it was my favorite sims 3 ep and I'm sure I'd love it even more in the sims 4

Supernatural is great in the sims 3 I love it too just not on my top 3 just cause of all the issues it made while playing the sims 3 with them but it is a good one for sure :)
    randy2355 wrote: »
    To the OP...I think at this point it is all speculation. Though I admit, it is fun to get caught up in the rumors! I am hoping that a supernatural EP comes out soon...maybe they will finally add cemeteries to the game. if it is a city themed EP, I think the apartment aspect of the game might work better in sims 4 than in sims 3 due to the closed neighborhood, making it run smoother, maybe? As for other possiblilities, It would be nice if they released an EP that was totally new and not based on EPs of previous versions of the sims! just my thoughts, for what its worth.

Yes its all speculation and to be honest it is fun to get caught up in rumors and hearing others opinions on the matter(which was the reason I made the post in the first place) although I personally dont believe anything i read unless its actually announced by ea themselves. I think if they add apartments it can be really cool but I am looking for new stuff that are not based on old eps aswell except for the ones I mentioned like season and pets that were a big part of gameplay and to be honest at the moment I kinda abandoned the sims 4 just cause of lack of gameplay cause there is nothing to do and everything is pretty much they same only bars and partying and all these stuff and nothing much to do with families. which makes it pretty boring in my opinion... so for now im back to my fav sims 2 and the sims 3 until something new and fun comes out for the sims 4 that would actually bring my interest back to the game cause at the moment there is nothing except the fact that it runs smoother than the sims 3 im playing atm lol XD.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If it's not Generations, it could be they're still working on getting toddlers done right, and that Generations will come somewhere down the road. It wouldn't make sense to release a Generations pack while missing a game stage, after all. A lot of players have been asking for apartments, and a city-themed EP would be the best way to introduce them to the series, as well as potentially adding a little bit of "grit" to a game that some people feel is way too much sweetness and light.

Release? Can't really see it coming this month -- considering there's usually a lot of lead-up to an EP release (think of all the blogs and videos we had in the run up to both GTW and GT), I'd say possibly in September but more likely early October, in the next fiscal quarter.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    I wish it was Seasons but I may not even see that in my lifetime. :-/ Other than that, I miss the celebrities...but I didn't like how random people were celebrities. Honestly, The Sims community is so quiet about stuff now I don't even try to speculate or get excited anymore, I just wait to actually see what comes out.

Yes the community has been very quiet about it but the quiet actually scares me...If i see another young adult party bars and night out focused pack I will lose it cause I am lacking stuff to do while i play as i am not much of a person that plays with parties and stuff like that . I like playing with pets and going out playing in the snow and building a snowman and dont forget celebrating gift giving XD
    I actually stopped playing the sims 4 cause of lack of things to do while playing and went back to my fav sims 2 and the sims 3 and I get ya about the celebrities I just have the most random sims become celebrities and it 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off XD especially cause Im not playing in bridgeport

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Anyone know when the EP3 is to come out. I thought it was sometime in Aug

They confirmed that no EP is coming this quarter (July-September). So it may be released next quarter (October-December).

While this may be, we very well could be getting an announcement soon. If they release in Oct, that's 2 months from now. Is that too soon for an announcement for an EP? Does anyone remember what the announcement/release time frame was for previous EPs?

We got over 3 months for the GT announcement (announced in August, was scheduled for November release but came out in early December), and that was pretty much a disaster -- the forums were filled with arguments and controversy. I'm thinking that we're going to get a lot less lead time between announcement and release from here on out, maybe about a month or month and a half depending how much content there is in the EP (they usually do about 3-4 blogs and videos on new features in the pack).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Ianamus wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit tired of "We can't have x before toddlers" or "They shouldn't add y until z, z is more important".

At this rate nobody is getting anything they want, and I'm sure that myself and many others have things they want more than toddlers or other features people consider 'basic'. Whether it's before toddlers or not, I want more supernatural lifestates and a city neighborhood with high-rise buildings to be added to the game. Seasons are next in priority for me.

agreed but everybody is entitled to their own opinion although I am tired of that too it just depends on style of gameplay and personal preference so i doubt it can be stopped. even I mentioned what I want although I am not saying they should add z before x and all of that I just prefer these eps so I just hope these will come out next.
    And also I dont mind toddlers much just new gameplay that would actually add and be new and not all bars and partying and such
    edited August 2016
    If it's not Generations, it could be they're still working on getting toddlers done right, and that Generations will come somewhere down the road. It wouldn't make sense to release a Generations pack while missing a game stage, after all. A lot of players have been asking for apartments, and a city-themed EP would be the best way to introduce them to the series, as well as potentially adding a little bit of "grit" to a game that some people feel is way too much sweetness and light.

Release? Can't really see it coming this month -- considering there's usually a lot of lead-up to an EP release (think of all the blogs and videos we had in the run up to both GTW and GT), I'd say possibly in September but more likely early October, in the next fiscal quarter.

agree with everything you said I just hope if it really is city pack realted with apartments I hope they add more new gameplay then just apartments cause I really need more then that cause Im about to give up on playing on it cause Im getting bored and that never happend to me with the sims 2 or 3 (well that would kinda be a lie cause there are some stuff i like less but never got totally bored of it that i stopped paying cause of lack of gameplay features and new things to do)

And hopefully the next ep will come soon I really want something new I dont wanna give up on the game just yet ^-^~
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    I would love supernaturals or pets personally. But, really, if it's a totally new concept I'd be just as happy if it's executed well. It's been 2 years. I really don't see toddlers ever coming (and for those that really want them, I hope for the best!). I'm just ready for some additional game play, even if it's Generations equivalent or not.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Ianamus wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit tired of "We can't have x before toddlers" or "They shouldn't add y until z, z is more important".

At this rate nobody is getting anything they want, and I'm sure that myself and many others have things they want more than toddlers or other features people consider 'basic'. Whether it's before toddlers or not, I want more supernatural lifestates and a city neighborhood with high-rise buildings to be added to the game. Seasons are next in priority for me.
    It goes about anything. I mean I've been waiting two years of getting x before toddlers. So when does it end? Everyone has priorities of what they want first and what they think is important. Comes off as pot and kettle judging others for what they want and saying that "I should only get what I want" regardless of the feature. By the end of the day, we are all guilty of complaining for features that we want for this iteration. No one is better than anyone else except SimGuruDrake because she's a dragon warrior superstar who puts up with all of our requests. I don't envy her job at all.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    I think the next ep will be the Sims 4 get expensive where your sims can an even more luxury life like never before because the stuff pack wasn't enough. Woot woot.
  • spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    I just want a pack that will keep me coming back to the game and hold my attention.

But yeah, Supernaturals and/or seasons would be nice.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Given how tight-lipped Maxis has been about this iteration I think it's safe to say no knows what the next EP will be, and all of the articles about what it will be will either be wrong or a lucky guess.

I feel like EP3 is gonna be another new idea really. I don't think Seasons will come for a while. I would love Supernatural though
    If it's new then I'm hoping for a Theme Park EP that even allows our sims to run theme parks as well as ride the rides,play the games,win prizes and eat the fair food.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Did anyone one notice the outdoor heater in the restaurant EP? You can actually warm a sim up. Maybe it's a hint to seasons and snow skis. We've never had snow skis. Anyone checking the possible hints like they used to? But then again with that angry bird feeder, it just might be pets.... OOOh! Squirrel!!!
    Modsey wrote: »
    I think the idea of a city themed world isn't that far fetched. EA has a pattern of releasing city like worlds pretty early in the game. Sims 2 Nightlife was the second expansion pack of the series and Sims 3 Late Night was the third expansion pack. Assuming the game engine can support city themed life and buildings, there's a good chance it's in the works. It might not happen though, seeing as the base game offered bars, dance clubs and Get Together brought a lot of new nightlife activities to the table.

(although, I'd like to point out that I'm very happy they included bars in this base game, saves us from the issue we had in Sims 3 where none of the other worlds had bars and clubs like Bridgeport had)

Supernatural, I'm sceptical of and am going to continue to be until it's announced because I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm hoping for witches and vampires.

A city ep could still happen. It might be combined with Generations and add Apartments and hopefully it would add more dating and romance options like the slowdance,online dating etc. It could add bowling,karoke bars,actual working cinemas etc.
    JadedJane wrote: »
    Did anyone one notice the outdoor heater in the restaurant EP? You can actually warm a sim up. Maybe it's a hint to seasons and snow skis. We've never had snow skis. Anyone checking the possible hints like they used to? But then again with that angry bird feeder, it just might be pets.... OOOh! Squirrel!!!

You mean Gamepack? Yes and I hope you're right about it being a hint to seasons.

• Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member
    Into the Future would be a nice expansion pack :)
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Just another speculation thread. Why not call it what it is instead of this whole "I read somewhere such and such pack is coming". Who are you trying to fool?
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Well, if SimGuruDrake likes it, I have a feeling that it might be family play, since she really liked the last two SPs that had family play in them. I might be wrong, obviously, but it would also just plain make sense for it to be a generations EP, since everyone has been nagging for one since shortly after release.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I would rather have a "city living" pack as a GP with apartments and a new city world with laundry etc. tbh. A celeb thing would annoy me right now, since I don't feel that there is enough features with deph to make being and becoming a celeb worth-while. In TS3, you could become famous by having a lot of friends. That's popularity, not famous-hood. I'd prefer celebs to come with an art-central pack that fleshes out ways to express oneself.
    As for supernaturals, I never really gave them a try in TS3, but I would this time around bc I think they would look amazing and be really fleshed out, since the devs are focussing on detail. I just think it would be odd to release it this early on.

Of course, this is my opinion so if you like it/dislike it that's cool too.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would rather have a "city living" pack as a GP with apartments and a new city world with laundry etc. tbh. A celeb thing would annoy me right now, since I don't feel that there is enough features with deph to make being and becoming a celeb worth-while. In TS3, you could become famous by having a lot of friends. That's popularity, not famous-hood. I'd prefer celebs to come with an art-central pack that fleshes out ways to express oneself.
    As for supernaturals, I never really gave them a try in TS3, but I would this time around bc I think they would look amazing and be really fleshed out, since the devs are focussing on detail. I just think it would be odd to release it this early on.

City living with apartments and a new world are too much for a GP. That needs to be in a EP.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016

City living with apartments and a new world are too much for a GP. That needs to be in a EP.
    Not really. Camping and restaurants worked well in a GP format. The world really doesn't have to be large for apartment living. Not like the Sims 4 worlds are that big anyways. EPs don't guarantee a new world. Apartments are generally tiny so don't need a lot of room for them. A world the size of Granite Falls would work well for apartment life. Granite Falls was bigger than Magnolia Promenade anyways.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited August 2016
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Just another speculation thread. Why not call it what it is instead of this whole "I read somewhere such and such pack is coming". Who are you trying to fool?

well first wasn't sure what to call the thread anyways so that doesn't matter and yes its another speculation thread. I'm not trying to fool anyone just read somewhere about these eps and was wondering what people think about it nothing else. never said its what is going to come out or anything like that I was just asking so instead of rushing off and telling me I'm fooling people maybe think twice about what you read and write I'm not fooling anyone just asking opinions about what I read and I did read somewhere such and such cause that is where I found the info. Not fooling anybody just opinions