Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Senior sims life quest

MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
My senior sim needs to grab tea from a kettle. I purchased the antique tea set and tried to complete the task but sim wont do it. The footprinta appear over her head and she refuses. There is nothing in the way so Im not sure why it wont work. Help!!!

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Are you sure that you have turned the kettle the right way so it faces the open area?
  • MusicMeg222MusicMeg222 Posts: 163 Member
    I've turned it every direction and she is still refusing to grab tea from the kettle. Weird.
    What else could be wrong? She's the only senior sim I have, so I can't try it with another one.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @MusicMeg222 , you might want to try putting the kettle on one of the little side tables from the living room buy mode or use the kitchen table.
    @MusicMeg222 , you might want to try putting the kettle on one of the little side tables from the living room buy mode or use the kitchen table.
    I have just tried with a small coffee table, a normal dining table and a kitchen counter and my elder didn't have any problems using the antique tea set no matter which of those tables I placed it on. So something else must be wrong if it doesn't work.
    Erpe wrote: »
    I have just tried with a small coffee table, a normal dining table and a kitchen counter and my elder didn't have any problems using the antique tea set no matter which of those tables I placed it on. So something else must be wrong if it doesn't work.

They all work for me also but if you Google the problem several people say that worked for them. So I thought why not at least give it a try.
    Okay Ill try that. My senior sim is finishing up a game of bingo and ill try it. Thanks!!
    Yep it worked!! Thanks. I thought the tea set could be on the counter but I guess not.
    Yep it worked!! Thanks. I thought the tea set could be on the counter but I guess not.
    It could for me ;)
    You're funny.

Glad it worked for you. :) Sometimes you never know why something works (or doesn't) in one person's game and not another.
    You're funny.
    I tried placing it on a counter and my senior sim could still use it. So I don't know why it didn't work for you. Also if it couldn't work I would have regarded it as a bug in the game if we were allowed to place the tea set on a counter anyway ;)
    Interesting. Not sure why it wouldnt work for me. I wish we could see our senior sims playing bingo. That would be awesome.