Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby girls? Where are they?

Ok so I don't know if this is happening to other people but are any of your sims having baby girls? The reason I ask is because I have three legacy families and they are only having boys! I have even done the cheat of strawberries and pop music but it is not working.
Now I do have the MC Command Centre and the No More Culling mods, they are up to date as far as I know (I have a friend do it for me as I don't really know how to update these things) and the cheat worked fine and now all of this week I have had just boys. (I have been away for a while so this might of gone on longer).
Anyone else with the same problem?

Comments

• Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    On Wednesday my brother was playing Sims and had a baby girl but in the past week 3/4 babies born were boys.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Can't help you with the problem sorry but is your username after Mononoke Hime?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    Sometimes it's a game problem, and sometimes it's natural. I learn that someone else took 8 generations to have a girl.
    If you'd like, there's mods for this type of thing.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Eat strawberries and listen to pop music. No mods needed.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member

Hopefully.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    When I really want a specific sex, I literally make the mother cram the strawberries/carrots almost every waking moment during their pregnancy and force them to listen to pop/alternative until they have to sleep.

It makes me feel terrible
    It usually does the job ;)
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Cement - love your subliminal stuff , makes me LOL a lot.
  • queentellerqueenteller Posts: 44 Member
    If you have the mcc mod,you can use it to change the gender of the baby. If you click on the pregnant sim and click mc command center, click on pregnancy. There should be a few options and one of them can change the gender and how many babies (up to 3).I believe you have to have the pregnancy module part of the mod to do this,however. Or like others have said, just have them eat strawberries and pop music.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Often eating strawberries and listening to pop music can help to influence the birth of a baby girl. At the same time, don't have your sim eat carrots or listen to alternative music.
    I hope that it will start working for you again.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Hyeion wrote: »

Hopefully.

Always works for me. I just have them eat 2 strawberries a day to make sure.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    Lol I have the opposite. I had all baby girls and one boy XD

But that was a first because it's mostly boys for me then once in a blue moon they'll get a girl... but not this time I guess.
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Often eating strawberries and listening to pop music can help to influence the birth of a baby girl. At the same time, don't have your sim eat carrots or listen to alternative music.
    I hope that it will start working for you again.

Oh, that must be why I got all girls this time. The mother wouldn't stop listening to pop music XD
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    If you have MC Command Center listening to music or eating any fruit won't affect a baby's gender at all.

What I like to do is to get my sims to listen to the music and scoff down fruit and just manually change the gender using MC Pregnancy.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    If you have MC Command Center listening to music or eating any fruit won't affect a baby's gender at all.

What I like to do is to get my sims to listen to the music and scoff down fruit and just manually change the gender using MC Pregnancy.
    I love that mod and that option to pick the gender of the baby. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    My Sim had two boys and just had a baby girl. I had her eat strawberries and listen to the Pop station because I didn't want a third boy, and it worked. :-)
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    They're at my house what to take one off my hands? Lol I have 3.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Deadpool is still working on fixing MC since 2 weeks ago patch broke something in the population mod
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MelikeMelike Posts: 10 New Member
    if i don't do anything to make them girl or boy when pregnant, they become boys but if i cheat for baby girls, it actualy works:/
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2016
    It is most likely random! Yep, the game counts how many kids are male and female and uses that for whether you will have male or female kids.

Edit: Carrets are a lot harder to find too, it also depends on what music you listen too and television station.

I put the information in the wrong box:)
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2016
    posted twice when I thought I was editing:(
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    It is most likely random! Yep, the game counts how many kids are male and female and uses that for whether you will have male or female kids.

Edit: Carrets are a lot harder to find too, it also depends on what music you listen too and television station.

I put the information in the wrong box:)

My game must be evenly balanced -- my Sims just had boy/girl twins (Lance and Laura -- their parents are Lydia and Liam O'Dourke).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Lately I've been getting nothing but girls. Before that it was nothing but boys. I guess it balances out.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Mine just had a girl!
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Don't worry, Lois from Malcolm in the middle TV series is on the same boat as you :)
  • DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    I was having the opposite problem. There are not enough boys to marry my girls later. Maybe it will all work out.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!