Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are so Mean to their Children

I have those baby swings from the shop, its easier to take care of babies during the day with them. But when I leave my infant in there and let the parent do whatever, sometimes they'll go up to the chair and turn it on high which only terrorises the baby and makes him nauseous.

Does anybody else experience Sims doing these kinds of things to their children on their own? Lol

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2016
    I constantly have to keep an eye out for my babies in those swings. For the most part they don't like that fast setting, and if they do, it's for a very short time period. I can't even put a high chair in the home, because they are always trying to over feed the toddlers.
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    I had a parent walk in when I tried to do a prank and they got scolded. It's fun to play pranks on the parents. I get a kick out of it.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Nope, most of my Sims are really good parents, they never leave them on the floor they play with them and I even had a sims autonomously teach his toddler to walk.
    Screenshot-85_zpsrkmistsx.jpg

However this same toddler's mom was the one that basically ignored her and would rather cancel out my commands to go play with her daughter's toys instead of taking care of her child.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I've seen them do that yes, though most of my sims are good parents, they do seem to love switching that thing to fast.

The worst abuse is when you aren't playing the family. One time just scrolling around the town in the middle of the night, spotted this sad sight. I'm pretty sure the parents weren't even in.
    15himj8.jpg

It's even worse when you see the height of those steps!
    907jut.jpg

Another one I caught, it was a stormy night, he was in the garden all alone with just the IF for company. Kept checking on him and the wee guy was there till dawn in the pouring rain.
    1678gfn.jpg
    My sim only played with her toddler in the high chair, also this is my favorite toddler I ever had XD
    Screenshot-27_zpsyj0gw2rb.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zpsd48743a7.jpg
  • mmallory10mmallory10 Posts: 53 Member
    I had a mother who booed her toddler playing the xylophone, I thought that was pretty cruel. But the butler then started clapping and praising the toddler.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Every Sim parent is guilty of this -

Newborn On The Floor

You watch. Within 24 Sim-hours of being brought home - that newborn is going to end up on the floor - everytime!

Even worse, I once had my Sim lay a baby outside... on the ground... covered with snow! The snow was deep enough to where she disappeared and became impossible to retrieve. I'm not sure if they would've gone back out and gotten her on their own, but since the parents seemed preoccupied with the other baby girl, I ended up having to use "resetsim" on the poor forgotten baby to have her brought inside - out of the cold!

By the way:

She grew up quite nicely and is currently a Young Adult. She works in music and does street art on the side.
    library1_zpsifphxymi.jpg
    After a rough start to growing up, I'm sure you can understand why I'm protective (maybe OVERLY-protective) of her!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!

Newborn On The Floor

You watch. Within 24 Sim-hours of being brought home - that newborn is going to end up on the floor - everytime!

Even worse, I once had my Sim lay a baby outside... on the ground... covered with snow! The snow was deep enough to where she disappeared and became impossible to retrieve. I'm not sure if they would've gone back out and gotten her on their own, but since the parents seemed preoccupied with the other baby girl, I ended up having to use "resetsim" on the poor forgotten baby to have her brought inside - out of the cold!

By the way:

She grew up quite nicely and is currently a Young Adult. She works in music and does street art on the side.
    library1_zpsifphxymi.jpg
    After a rough start to growing up, I'm sure you can understand why I'm protective (maybe OVERLY-protective) of her!

Not if you have the baby mat or bouncy chair. Then they always route to one of those to place the baby. I love them ^^
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Usually, though not always, I find that leaving babies on the floor or the ground outside indicates that the house doesn't have a crib available for the baby/toddler, or it's not reachable for some reason, and the sim really doesn't know where else to put them.

On the heckling of future musicians, my parents did that to me at a very young age. But to be fair, not everyone appreciates the constant sound of Wooden Spoons Banging Against Metal Pots. Go figure. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've seen my Jankowskys taking great care of their babies in Glen Harbor when I peeked in on them though those babies are close to becoming toddlers.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    The swing has never worked well for me. If one Sim isn't speeding it up, the other Sim is removing the toddler/baby and put him/her on the floor. I usually wind up taking it away, like the Ice Cream Machine..

If you play Sunset Valley look for poor little Sam Sekemoto, the father and grandmother are constantly leaving that kid outside, and heaven forbid you should send your Sim to look at Sam, the father and granny get all upity and in your face.

On the other hand a Plumbot with the nanny trait (or whatever it's called) is awesomely efficient.
    Chimark, talking about bad parents in Sunset Valley, Claire Ursine, will take first prize for what I saw in one of my past games. The sim I was playing had went to the park that was in the middle of town. While Claire was talking to some other sims, her young toddler had crawled out to the middle of the street. She never went to get her youngster out of harms way.
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    I've seen a sim walk their child out across the street in a stroller and a car came barreling down the street full speed. Luckily, in this game, cars go through things! Lol
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Newborn On The Floor

By the way:

library1_zpsifphxymi.jpg
    No, they don't. I even did a test once where I made a plumbot put a baby on the living room floor in the middle of the night. The first thing my parents did when they woke up in the morning was both heading downstairs to pick her up. Father won the race and brought her to her crib autonomously. My next test was to make her really hungry. Father fed her, autonomously. Then he got hungry himself and the first thing on his to do list was take breakfast from the fridge. But before doing that, he went upstairs with the baby in his arms and put her into her crib. Only then did he go to the fridge to get breakfast.
    (beware, I have picture proof ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Not if you have the baby mat or bouncy chair. Then they always route to one of those to place the baby. I love them ^^

What is the baby mat or bouncy chair?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited July 2016
    Those are items you can buy from the store.
    http://store.thesims3.com/premiumContentProductListing.html?scategoryId=13145&catalogId=10143
    To see them and more, baby stuff can be found here.
    The baby mat, I think is included in with Midnight Hollow. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think it is included with this item.
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:69433

Yes I looked into a little further, but it does.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtgPBkrEf0M
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Those are items you can buy from the store.
    http://store.thesims3.com/premiumContentProductListing.html?scategoryId=13145&catalogId=10143
    To see them and more, baby stuff can be found here.
    The baby mat, I think is included in with Midnight Hollow. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think it is included with this item.
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:69433

Yes I looked into a little further, but it does.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtgPBkrEf0M

Yes it come with midnight hollow and you can but the baby mat for a 100 simoleans from Buydebug mode
  • WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    I've had my parent sims lecture their babies when they get woken up in the middle of the night from the crying. I can't remember if it was in Sims 2 or Sims 3, though. I tend to play legacy-style, which means that when I have sims born in-game, I roll for their traits rather than choosing them myself. So I get a lot of Evil sims. The "steal candy" interaction always happens when I'm not looking, and it always makes me a little sad. :'(
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member

Newborn On The Floor

I have a save where I play wishacy style, in which I have NO interaction with the infant unless the needs are in the red or unless the parent wishes to do something with the child (or autonomous) and this has literally NEVER happened.. and they have like 6 kids.

Townies do it, because they don't have a crib for the baby. So if I see a "floor baby" I'll ctrl+shift and "Buy on this Lot" and add in a crib. They will pick up the baby and put it away.

Even my worst set of parents never left their baby on the ground if there was a place to put it (crib, high chair etc) I will add playpens and swings, and highchairs to all family-centred lots in town.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    I have those baby swings from the shop, its easier to take care of babies during the day with them. But when I leave my infant in there and let the parent do whatever, sometimes they'll go up to the chair and turn it on high which only terrorises the baby and makes him nauseous.

Does anybody else experience Sims doing these kinds of things to their children on their own? Lol

Haha I can totally understand that. Totally reminds me of the Sims 2 days of when my sim parents would give the kid a bottle one minute. And the next they are tossing them in the air and getting thrown up on. Such wonderful parents lol.